Age of Evangelion by Watta&MarkPachi [640x480][1.1]

WattaWright

Age of Evangelion

-Originally started by Markpachi but then revamped by me. Markpachi died quit mugen so I'm going to finish our collaborations for him :) -

Features

-No Zoom (will be implemented in update)-

-Parallax-

-Animated-

-For 1.1 only-

Screenshots

namBjyf.png

y6psWZR.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZ1D030iRQ

Download

Comments:

-HUGE thanks to Margatroid for making the amazing Berserk Eva-01 animation for me. God bless you mate :)

-Thanks to the NewageMugen community for their help over the last 2 years and their never ending feedback

-Thanks to GLB for teaching me almost everything I know about mugen.

-Thanks to Markpachi and Genesis for being my mugen bro's

-Thanks to you for downloading this stage

-This versions is 1.1 exclusive but I might go ahead and make another version for 1.0 which excludes the transition; this is all depending on the reception I get for this stage.

-Expect an update soon for coding related fixes, I might not make any changes to the SFF since it takes forever to upload 35 MB with my slow internet

-This stage should easily support other localcoords, just change the localcoord to whatever you want and the bounds should be something close to 100/-100 if you're aiming for widescreen.

I think if you make all darkest parts of the eva a single solid color(to replace the striped/grained look blyAviB.png), add a bit of shading & give a slight gloss effect to everything in general(all this because isn't a detailed draw).... some surrounding lighting, and it could blend enough well.

CtesTXr.png

just took a pic in game and started playing with it(ignore the cut sprite at the bottom), didn't do the first thing, but it should improve the look.

you also can code the animation 2,2,2,3,4,3,2,2,2.....2,2,3,4,3,2,2,2...etc(time) or so, for a more natural movement.

these are just ideas, if you ever plan on updating the graphics to blend the EVA I don't mind making the animation again, I still have the numbers used from the last time of the animation.

I thought you gave up on this stage at first.

I think if you make all darkest parts of the eva a single solid color(to replace the striped/grained look blyAviB.png), add a bit of shading & give a slight gloss effect to everything in general(all this because isn't a detailed draw).... some surrounding lighting, and it could blend enough well.

CtesTXr.png

just took a pic in game and started playing with it(ignore the cut sprite at the bottom), didn't do the first thing, but it should improve the look.

you also can code the animation 2,2,2,3,4,3,2,2,2.....2,2,3,4,3,2,2,2...etc(time) or so, for a more natural movement.

these are just ideas, if you ever plan on updating the graphics to blend the EVA I don't mind making the animation again, I still have the numbers used from the last time of the animation.

I thought you gave up on this stage at first.

If you're fine with making the animation again, I'd say I'm up for an update then. I'll send you the newer template sprite with your feedback implemented asap :) 

Thanks for the comments everyone :D

MarkPachi quit mugen a month or two ago, but he's come back now after this release. 

I held a poll in the MFG release thread and there was enough votes for "Yes" to a 1.0 version. 

I'll start working on it soon :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...