Infinite-styled Ridley by BaganSmashBros

My only problem with this character is the voice.  It just doesn't make sense to me for Ridley to be speaking, since he never did that in any of the Metroid games.  (Yeah, there's the Manga, but that was text, so it was different.)

Other than that, I love this character.

My only problem with this character is the voice.  It just doesn't make sense to me for Ridley to be speaking, since he never did that in any of the Metroid games.  (Yeah, there's the Manga, but that was text, so it was different.)

I saw something like that happening. Then i will try to make a configuration that will remove the voice and replace it with roars in intro and win states. I may release this patch today since it doens`t requires a lot of work.

Uhh Bagan, double post alert.

Anyway, I was about to give you feedback on your Ridley, but it seems like you just updated him (And I just tested him out in 1.0, so Idk if you're okay with that). Will hopefully give you a feedback after I test this one out.

Uhh Bagan, double post alert.

Anyway, I was about to give you feedback on your Ridley, but it seems like you just updated him (And I just tested him out in 1.0, so Idk if you're okay with that). Will hopefully give you a feedback after I test this one out.

I know, but delete button doesn`t works for some reasons. I pressed it 7 times - nothing happened.

Its a minor update, so, not a lot of things changed. Anyway, i will wait for your feedback.

Other than that, I love this character.

Ridley talked in the Manga?

This time I use MUGEN1.1 to test your New Ridley (ver. 18.06.2014) and it is very awesome! 

I made a video showing how awesome your New Ridley is, and tried to let the nicovideo.jp MUGEN folks know of your awesome New Ridley:

More than a good job that you did!  d5f02ecd.gif

This time I use MUGEN1.1 to test your New Ridley (ver. 18.06.2014) and it is very awesome! 

I made a video showing how awesome your New Ridley is, and tried to let the nicovideo.jp MUGEN folks know of your awesome New Ridley:

More than a good job that you did!  d5f02ecd.gif

Thanks for the video, kinda expected this battle to be shorter, but since its an 1vs2 battle, its longer...and it looks like i forgot to change the value back to 1 and he was voiceless in your video...and i forgot to add how to remove/add his voice in readme.

To do that, go to the bottom of the "System.cns" file and then you will see VarSet state. Then replace the value with either 1 (if you want Ridley to speak) or 0 (if you don`t want a speaking Ridley).

Just tested the update, and there's still a smoke trail at the top left corner of the screen whenever Ridley uses his drag move. (that's not what it's called, but I'm gonna call it that)  Plus, removing the voice only affects his normal mode, as his Chaos mode still has his voice, along with his Continue animation for both modes, although those are just minor nitpicks.  Speaking of Chaos mode, his EX-Hyper just seems strange for Ridley.  (It's not the fact that it's an instant kill that bothers me, but rather how it just feels out of place for someone like Ridley.)  One other thing that bothered me was that his power charge only charged the power bar at the bottom, not the power bar for the character itself.

Other than that, the character's still great, even though the Chaos mode makes him as overpowered as Elque.

Also, what do you use to create the sprites for Ridley?  The animation looks too smooth for it to be made with Brawlbox, plus there's little to no colorloss whatsoever.

Just tested the update, and there's still a smoke trail at the top left corner of the screen whenever Ridley uses his drag move. (that's not what it's called, but I'm gonna call it that)  Plus, removing the voice only affects his normal mode, as his Chaos mode still has his voice, along with his Continue animation for both modes, although those are just minor nitpicks.  Speaking of Chaos mode, his EX-Hyper just seems strange for Ridley.  (It's not the fact that it's an instant kill that bothers me, but rather how it just feels out of place for someone like Ridley.)  One other thing that bothered me was that his power charge only charged the power bar at the bottom, not the power bar for the character itself.

Other than that, the character's still great, even though the Chaos mode makes him as overpowered as Elque.

Also, what do you use to create the sprites for Ridley?  The animation looks too smooth for it to be made with Brawlbox, plus there's little to no colorloss whatsoever.

I don`t have that smoke trail. Maybe it is because i use version 1.1. There is no spoke trail explods used for this attack (Dolorosa). I forgot that i added voice to his Continue state...

Chaos mode is a separate character actually, so, its not Ridley. It even has separate win quotes. Voice can`t be removed fron this one. It just an extra.

It IS BrawlBox, i just made animations smoother with it and used every frame. Colorloss is still there, but it is reduced. I used FF3 for that and now i can make sprites with nearly no colorloss. Colorloss wasn`t BrawlBox`s fault and neither low animation frames count was.

Sorry for the late feedback, but here it is:

-Continously use of  Ventus Ire is an infinite

bNRlYqC.png

-His "Sweep" (Crouch HK) is an infinite when far (fullscreen far)

URUBcZr.png

-There's this small dust trail right by Ridley's portrait during Dolorosa

Y5cTdao.png

(Though for some odd reason, this does not happen in 1.1)

-Semi-misaligned hitspark on jump mk

P8BhrEu.png

-Some of the hitboxes on his tail seem rather too big (like this one here)

jowf8me.png

-His normal attacks can still do chip damage

-At Mid/close distance, spamming EX Flagro is an infinite

k1HxGS5.png

-So, what's the point of Ridley having 6 jumps if he has "Flight mode" already?

-Both Dolorosa (HP ver) and EX Dolorosa do the same amount of damage

-So why make regular Eruptio a knockdown-like move, even though it's clearly a flamethrower? Why not make it have the same effect as EX Eruptio.

-The wind effect on EX Ventus Ire is unblockable

-Quo Vadis, air Via Dolorosa, and Lux Magna are unblockable

-Spamming air dash leave him in the air for a lot longer, btw

-Idk if intentional, but I can't cancel his forward dash to his back dash, nor can I do back dash -> forward dash

-His fireball (Or Flagro) does 2 hits, even though it's just one fireball

qjOExVI.png

For his Chaos mode:

-His uhh "Electro Flagro" Pulls his opponents in when hit. Intentional?

-Uhh, for his "EX dark Eruptio", what am I getting hit by exactly?

PvZYPsF.png

-Flaming Ventus Ire is an infinite as well (Only that in some cases, the combo resets for odd reasons)

-Probably Effect mis-alignment on air Via Dolorosa

ueOsIqa.png

Bonus question: What was that voice you used when Chaos Ridley performs "Flaming Ventus Ire" in the air?

I tested him out in 1.1 as well, and it seems like he also has the same problems there as well. As of now, this is all I have about this Ridley.

Sorry for the late feedback, but here it is:

Feedback

I tested him out in 1.1 as well, and it seems like he also has the same problems there as well. As of now, this is all I have about this Ridley.

-Agree

-Agree (slow down the animation after he extends his tail?)

-It seems that version 1.0 misaligns the effect that must appear close to Ridley, but i don`t know why

-Because of the way Divine/Infinite`s hitsparks work, its hard to properly align it

-All of the anim elems last for 1 frame only, so, such attacks would be useless since he would need to be nearly pixel-perfect with those attacks

-All of the characters i have, including KFM himself, do that and it supposed to happen...at least i think so

-It requires power/energy that will be depleted after using this attack few times, so, its not an infinite...right?

-Agree at least for ground versions

-HP Dolorosa is slower while EX Dolorosa is as fast as LP Dolorosa while dealing same damage as HP Dolorosa

-Agree, but in Other M it could knock Samus down too for some odd reasons...i think so...

-That was the reason for adding it

-Via Dolorosa MAX IS unblockable because i forgot to add guardflag while Lux Magna (which is kinda hard to use because its hard to fill up his power meter) leaves Ridley vulnerable to any attacks and since he won`t flinch, opponent can damage him enough to KO him, Quo Radis is easy do dodge and punish (just jump) and doesn`t gives him super armor...but i still kinda agree for Via Dolorosa MAX and Quo Radis (normal one)

-Why SPAM it if you can just hold the button?

-You can cancel it with an attack or jump. It will and on its own when it reaches certain anim elem

-First hit is the projectile itself, 2nd hit is the explosion

Chaos:

-Yes

-It supposed to be his beam, but looks like i messed up its changeanim code and it is instead his flame

-Agree

-No, explosion appears where his tail hits the ground, not on the opponent. Use it when you are far enough from opponent and you will see

Bonus question answer: it is the same voice, it is not my fault. His voice is just inconsistent. "Embrace the stillness of eternity" is the only line that comes from a different character (Exdeath instead of Chaos).

Most of the problems are not coding-wise at least...that is better than what was before. I guess it is result of me trying to balance him in the same way as Feral Chaos was (fast and powerful attacks, but easily punished if they failed to hit and just a large hitbox) and not noticing something obvious. Is he at least good?

And all of Chaos mode Ridley`s special attacks have exactly same names as normal Ridley`s...

So, which Cloud does he have an intro against? Oh, Samus and Sephiroth, too.

Any Cloud and any Sephiroth and any Samus except for endoedgar`s.

Update 21.06.2014:
-Few attacks can no longer be infinites
-Fixed EX Eruptio
-Reduced fireball damage
-Now it is possible to guard against Via Dolorosa Max
-Enemy now can guard against crouching HK
-Few other things i forgot
-Updated readme

let me tell you the mentality that you have is false people should not even have the OPTION to spam something thats the coders fault.

There is always at least one attack that can be spammed, including Hadoken (at least at close range). It depends on whenever player wants to spam it or not. Tell me how to avoid it and then i will do something about it unless it will make that attack completly useless.