which Fighter Factory?

xstarter

Question

16 answers to this question

im not sure how to ask this properly but how do I start to make a exe char instead of 1.0

in fighter factory 3 from the beginning.

An .exe character, do you mean megaman? Sorry I'm a bit confused here.

Alright let me explain it this way,there's winmugen then there's mugen1.0 and 1.0 chars cant work in winmugen.I

need to no how to start making winmugen version chars so it doesn't come out as 1.0char and not work in winmugen.

Alright let me explain it this way,there's winmugen then there's mugen1.0 and 1.0 chars cant work in winmugen.I

need to no how to start making winmugen version chars so it doesn't come out as 1.0char and not work in winmugen.

Ah okay well you see the problem with that can be many different things. The AI, Code, or the Commands but I wouldn't try to make a 1.0 character and convert it back to winmugen because they always end up being badly bugged.

Nono, you can quite easily make WinMUGEN characters in FF3. You've just got to avoid using 1.0 tags like AILevel and localcoord, as well as making sure you use sffv1 and not sffv2 (it's easier to make v1 by the way).

I personally use Fighter Factory Ultimate 2.5 (not sure which build of it, but most likely the best/newest one) for character editing. I only use FF3 for minor wiki-based things and looking at characters that use sffv2.

Ok so with fighter factory 2.5 ill make a win version char no matter what I do right? But to understand ff3

more,you said avoid 1.0tags, does that mean not to save the sprites and everything as 1.0 because if so

what am I supposed to save it as because there's only three options? And how am I sure if im using sffv1 and

not sffv2 I no there sprites but I don't understand the v1 and v2 difference since im learning right now ?

If you want to save in FF3 for WinMUGEN compatibility, you'll want to choose the first option (M.U.G.E.N Beta). The other two will save the sprites as sffv2, which is incompatible with WinMUGEN.

If you do want to use Fighter Factory Ultimate, then here's the exact version I use:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uft8kffmv2dywj8/ffu25.exe

if you want to make a winmugen character.

when you built the SFF save the SFF as "M.U.G.E.N. Beta" that is winmugen SFF1.

by doing that Fighter Factory will switch over to a code base related to just winmugen (so things like ailevel, and victoryquote will not work)

after that in your character's def file set there mugen version to blank

mugenversion =