[Updates] Inma 1.04c (06-22-14) and Princess Fine 1.57 (07-06-14)

Zzyzzyxx

mugen010_zps157bc236.png
Bugfixes and changes:

Princess Fine 1.57

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2dcteovqoe8o63a/fine_z_1_57.zip

* When she activated aerial Heroine Mode, Fine could attack before the power-up features started having effect, making Heroine Mode end before it even started

* The code that detects if the enemy can use the ground recover moves (thus disabling her hitdefs in this situation) is much more reliable

* Removed Screenbound codes from the states involving Wall Slam (opponent being hit by Maboroshi no Ano Waza, or Guard Cancel or thrown after Gemini Strike). In zoomed stages, the opponent simply starts falling if he doesn't reach the corner of the stage after a certain ammount of time

* Jumping B and Jumping C now have aerial hittime of 14 instead of 12, enabling a few extra combos

* Some of her attacks received small adjustments in velocities, to make them fit better into the new juggle limiter system without losing their previous efficience

Inma 1.04

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mirivb7yj101c88/inma_z_1_04c.zip

* Jumping LK has a slightly different sprite. It hits lower than Jumping HK and its crossup properties were improved

* All sprites are positioned 1 pixel below, when compared to the other versions

* Crouching HP, Standing HK and Breast Attack now have smaller recovery time if they don't make contact with the opponent

* Aerial Strong Tatsu is much better now. The vertical arc is much smaller, does 3 hits and only the 3rd hit knocks down a standing/crouching opponent. It's also much better to juggle opponents than weak aerial tatsu due to the bigger damage.

* Fixed a critical bug where cancelling her breast attack into a D-CAN didn't remove the ability of performing another D-CAN

* D-CAN could be performed multiple times against opponent's guard. I made my best to limit this as much as possible.

In this version not only she has to be in an idle state before performing the technique again but even if you don't use any attack after a D-CAN you still must wait at least half second (30 frames) before having the chance of performing another special move in conditions to use a D-CAN again

* Fixed a bug where her superpauses ended 3 frames too early, making her supermoves hit 3 frames later than intended

* Hittime of weak tatsu (ground version) is 1 frame smaller, removing the possibility of comboing a Standing LP after it.

* Her (charge B, F + HK) used to send slightly an airborne opponent upwards between each hit. In the source game this doesn't happen, so I fixed it.

* If you hold back and forward at the same time during © B, F + HK (impossible on a joypad/arcade stick, trivial on a keyboard), she travels backwards instead of staying fixed at the same position like before.

* Her breast attack received several tweaks:

- Now cancelling a basic attack into the breast tackle removes the guard crush properties of the latter.

- In the other hand, now she can D-CAN and super cancel that move freely on block, unlike before

- Fixed a major bug where performing a dash exactly 1 frame after the end of a whiffed breast tackle was interpreted as a D-CAN, removing 1 hyper gauge of her without her making contact with the opponent at all

- Ground hittime was decreased from 36 to 28. Future plans forced me to do this. Guard crush duration wasn't changed, though

* The code that detects if a falling opponent is below the floor level doesn't take 1 tick to have effect anymore, making it more reliable.

* New 9000-2. Hope you guys like it:

mugen004_zps3e743713.png

* Other minor fixes.

That's it for now. There were so many changes in codes made during these last days that I'm actually unsure if I fixed everything that should be done. Feedback is appreciated.

From the previous thread:

I'm also not fond of the lack of a voice (...)

The only voices of her in Inma no Ken are stock sexual moanings. It's for the better, I'm afraid.

(...)along with your choice for SFX. They sound just as generic as the hitsounds and all that come standard with MUGEN.

Unfortuntely this is all source-accurate. Indeed I sacrifice visuals and sounds if the situation requires, and I felt that this was the case.

Other than that, her system and mechanics are spot on. You can pull off some great combos and all with proper timing and skill.

Thanks a lot. There are more plans for her involving combo ability that I can't do now because of the lack of time for coding. Even though I can perform 60+ hit combos her combo ability doesn't satisfy me. I know that she can do better than this.

What's the word from you though on Tifa?

I'm afraid I didn't understand your question.

Thanks a lot for taking your time for testing and commenting about her.

I'll test these updates out when I get a chance. Thanks for the share. As for the Tifa remark... I'm not sure I understand what I was trying to say myself lol. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember. 

All of you guys who have the 1.04 version, please redownload her:

New download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/15dnuo61f7km5ht/inma_z_1_04.zip

I fixed a bug involving cancelling whiffed basics into special moves. It also removed the guard crush properties of the breast attack and this was an overlook of mine. The same bug affected the attack power of all her other special moves.

All of you guys who have the 1.04 version, please redownload her:

New download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/15dnuo61f7km5ht/inma_z_1_04.zip

I fixed a bug involving cancelling whiffed basics into special moves. It also removed the guard crush properties of the breast attack and this was an overlook of mine. The same bug affected the attack power of all her other special moves.

Oh, I didn't noticed that. Thanks for the update of the character.

I have a few things to say about Inma. Nothing really to say about Fine.

-I hadn't really noticed until I did some arcade runs with her. Though all her specials require meter...? Why? I mean, I can understand energy attacks requiring power meter, but physical attacks? I've played AoF and early DBZ games, along with Choujin's DBZ chars that energy attacks require meter, but not their physical specials. I don't like this.

-Why does she have two AAs(anti-airs)? SRK and that rising heel attack or w/e. Feels superfluous to me. I don't see any advantage of one from the other. Aside from the heel attack is a bit easier to SC from, because the strong version hits 3 times. Two of said hits happen before she goes into the air, so that's why it makes it easier. Not that I have any problem with SRK SCs, just saying. Maybe she had both of these from her source game, and you just decide to keep both. Even so, I don't really see why keep both from a fighting game perspective. Her source game doesn't hold much clout in that regard, since you have ported her into a fighting game engine.

-Throw could use a bit more edge width applied. Or just some in general. Not sure if it has any or not. When performed in the corner, she kinda crosses up with p2.

-Maybe the breast attack accounts for this... But I think she could do with a command normal. Maybe something like Yuri's butt attack. She does have the anim for it(her throw). I'm sure Yuri's is an overhead, it's nice to have a mixup normal if it can be applied within reason. If the breast attack is treated as an overhead, than disregard.

Fine isn't really my type of playstyle, but I didn't find any bugs or anything. For how she is, she's feels solid. Fanservice and all aside, Inma remains a solid char. Very nice work and updates. 

(...) all her specials require meter...?

Yes. It's mentioned in the Movelist.txt in her folder.

Why?

She had this mechanic in her game. I had fun with it and decided to adapt it for Mugen.

I mean, I can understand energy attacks requiring power meter, but physical attacks? I've played AoF and early DBZ games, along with Choujin's DBZ chars that energy attacks require meter, but not their physical specials. I don't like this.

Well, her gameplay is definitely a little different but I hope that it doesn't single-handedly make her difficult to play. I made my best to make that mechanic anything but a hindrance.

Why does she have two AAs(anti-airs)? SRK and that rising heel attack or w/e. Feels superfluous to me.

I can't justify it but I definitely can explain it.

Maybe she had both of these from her source game, and you just decide to keep both.

Basically this.

Even so, I don't really see why keep both from a fighting game perspective.

From a fighting game perspective this is inconceivable. However, her abnormally large set of special moves (13 of them) in her game seemed to be one of her most funny features, and I played around with the idea of a character with lots of special moves, something that I never would do normally.

Both anti-airs ended up being included in the process. Indeed it's a design flaw, but it's also a sign that her moveset was actually played for laughs.

During the entire process I never treated her like a fighting-game character, but like a beat-'em-up character with adaptations for a fighting game engine. The moveset was treated less seriously than it should.

Throw could use a bit more edge width applied. Or just some in general. Not sure if it has any or not. When performed in the corner, she kinda crosses up with p2.

Indeed it looks terrible, thanks for pointing out. It's fixed now.

Maybe the breast attack accounts for this... But I think she could do with a command normal. Maybe something like Yuri's butt attack. She does have the anim for it(her throw). I'm sure Yuri's is an overhead, it's nice to have a mixup normal if it can be applied within reason. If the breast attack is treated as an overhead, than disregard.

I planned to add the butt-attack as an overhead. But her source game doesn't have throws and her Mugen version desperately needed one. I ended up sacrifing an useful feature in favor of a crucial one.

I never intended to use the breast attack as an overhead but the former indeed has the potential to replace the latter, since overheads can't be blocked low. The breast attack can't be blocked at all.

After reading your post I thought about this feature and I noticed that the breast attack gives a little frame advantage if it causes guard crush. It wasn't enough to make it useful mid-match. I decided to extend the guard crush time from 53 to 60. The advantage from a guard crush now is 14 frames.

Because an overhead should cause damage. A guard crush should give room to exploit the frame advantage. She couldn't do any of these ones without wasting a meter. Now she can do both.

Fine isn't really my type of playstyle, but I didn't find any bugs or anything. For how she is, she's feels solid.

No problem. I know that her niche doesn't cater to 99.99% of the Mugen players. I made her having the other 0.01% in mind, in the end.

You probably feel disappointed that she plays in such a different way, and I believe that you regret more than a few things you said in the past about her now that you saw my actual intentions about her. Since she was a beat-'em-up character converted to a fighting game engine this explains more than a few of the choices I made.

Thanks for your comments. It's rare for me to receive comments from players that actually treat my chars seriously like you did, so I appreciate every one of your opinions.

Just a question she is compatible with Slime or Kuromaru?

No and I don't intend to do it. Sorry.

New download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zckacj2iebd384r/inma_z_1_04.zip

* It addresses the throw bug pointed by DivineWolf

* Guard Cancel (LP+HP while blocking an attack) has a hittime of 26, giving her 0 frame advantage

* I also solved a problem created by the previous patch in which a D-CAN from a breast attack didn't remove her power meter. Please re-download her.

You probably feel disappointed that she plays in such a different way, and I believe that you regret more than a few things you said in the past about her now that you saw my actual intentions about her. Since she was a beat-'em-up character converted to a fighting game engine this explains more than a few of the choices I made.

Thanks for your comments. It's rare for me to receive comments from players that actually treat my chars seriously like you did, so I appreciate every one of your opinions.

What? No not at all. I'm not disappointed. Also regrets? Nah, it's probably been awhile since you been to MFG, though if you had been around, you'd know I don't have any regrets. I like her. My only real problem is the special physical attacks requiring meter. Though, it is what it is. Sorry about not noticing that in her ReadMe. I looked over her moveset and all, though overlooked that part. I also overlooked the functionality of her breast attack. I should have known though, given it's bad startup time. Anyway, no problem.

>>>> Just a question she is compatible with Slime or Kuromaru?

>> No and I don't intend to do it. Sorry.

Good decision that you just made.  I have already gotten fed up with all those "MUGEN Ryona [a female name] part #" YouTube videos...... d79df121.gif

Sorry if I just offended MUGEN Hentai lovers..........it is probably just me, my MUGEN taste........

Update for Inma (06-22-2014):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mirivb7yj101c88/inma_z_1_04c.zip

* When she performed a chain of rapid-fire weak punches, the 3rd hit wasn't cancellable into specials. This bug was exclusive to the latest version of her and now it's fixed.

* The codes that detect whether a basic move made contact or whiffed before being cancelled into specials/supers received improvements.

* Crouching HP now deals the correct cornerpush value. The previous one was too low when compared to the pushback she caused mid-screen.

Again, sorry for the excess of updates. Recently I simply couldn't test a char properly with the few time I had in hands (even my own chars. And I still don't have free time for this, actually). In the other hand, I think that Inma is finally free of noticeable bugs now.

• 2 months later...

Kanade Yo works fine on my end, regardless of the target I use. I'm afraid that such glitch might happen against only a few specific characters. If this is the case it's their fault, not hers.

I can try to fix the bug it you provide me more details about how to perform it.

Simul Mode. Not surprised. I don't know who she's hitting or how the glitch occured. Technically speaking, I assume that it's a helper that is respawned by the opponent immediately after is destroyed (or has poorly coded Hitoverride sctrls) and because of this she can't perform the rest of the hits.

I assume that it's a bug in the code involving how the opponent spawns helpers. Without knowing how the bug was triggered I can't do anything about this.

Not to mention that everybody knows how Simul Mode is a glitchfest. Mugen doesn't have the tools required to make the character know which one of two simultaneuos opponents he's hitting. This is the reason of all Simul Mode bugs.

Please give me the link to the chars she's fighting against and I'll see what I can do. If and only if it's her fault. I'm probably gonna have to update the code for Kanade Yo, anyway.

I tried to reproduce the bug in every possible way without success. But I'm gonna update her anyway in the future, bringing new codes involving Kanade Yo. Since I don't have available time to deal with Mugen code at the moment I have no way to tell when the update is gonna be published. But you can be sure I'm gonna definitely take care of this.

Simul Mode. Not surprised. I don't know who she's hitting or how the glitch occured. Technically speaking, I assume that it's a helper that is respawned by the opponent immediately after is destroyed (or has poorly coded Hitoverride sctrls) and because of this she can't perform the rest of the hits.

I assume that it's a bug in the code involving how the opponent spawns helpers. Without knowing how the bug was triggered I can't do anything about this.

Not to mention that everybody knows how Simul Mode is a glitchfest. Mugen doesn't have the tools required to make the character know which one of two simultaneuos opponents he's hitting. This is the reason of all Simul Mode bugs.

Please give me the link to the chars she's fighting against and I'll see what I can do. If and only if it's her fault. I'm probably gonna have to update the code for Kanade Yo, anyway.

The latest you release,sorry forget! anyway thank you!

I tried to reproduce the bug in every possible way without success. But I'm gonna update her anyway in the future, bringing new codes involving Kanade Yo. Since I don't have available time to deal with Mugen code at the moment I have no way to tell when the update is gonna be published. But you can be sure I'm gonna definitely take care of this.

Never give up :charging: if Princess Fine is 1.5.7 , so maybe also 1.5.8 too!

Mod edit: Use the edit button next time instead of double posting.