Mugen sudden close down

tehdevil

Question

22 answers to this question

I know I'm a mod but regardless of that it should indeed be moved to MUGEN HELP rather than MUGEN DISCUSSION. I would move it if this were in my range of abilities but I cannot so...

That is indeed a odd error you're getting devil, I might have a solution but first I'd like to know a few things :

- which screenpack are you using?

- Were you able to play Arcade Mode before with that screenpack? 

- Can you post a screencap of what Arcade Mode options you have set in your select.def?

I know I'm not a mod, but shouldn't this be in the "Mugen Help" section instead?

I make this into a discussion about anyone experiencing Mugen sudden close down, not for help, just discussing about this issue :awesome

I know I'm a mod but regardless of that it should indeed be moved to MUGEN HELP rather than MUGEN DISCUSSION. I would move it if this were in my range of abilities but I cannot so...

That is indeed a odd error you're getting devil, I might have a solution but first I'd like to know a few things :

- which screenpack are you using?

- Were you able to play Arcade Mode before with that screenpack? 

- Can you post a screencap of what Arcade Mode options you have set in your select.def?

- Normal Elecbyte's Screenpack, Mugen 1.1

- I can play Arcade Mode, I fought against 30 characters, mostly in Team of Four characters

- currentselectdef.png

The other time I encountered this problem is Ikaruga's characters, his Geese Howard. I want to report this error to the creator but he is Japanese :confuse:

Okay, so seeing you have fought 30 characters before, do you know if the shutdown of your M.U.G.E.N occurs before fighting certain characters? When does it close, right before the 16th match (before the battle starts) or does it crash at the VS screen or after you won the 15th match?

Have you set orders for your characters? I see you basically set it so that you'll fight 30 characters of order 1 so I'm wondering, have you set any orders at all?

Nope, I did not set any order to any characters except for those undefeated ones, I set them to order=0

I can't remember where it suddenly stop, I did not count it  :confuse:  IIRC, the last time I played, it was going to load the next character to fight in the team, I can't remember who is it. Right now, I am still trying to play through and see if that sudden shut down occurred again.

For certain character like what Ryoucchi have said, performing certain move of the character will also cause Mugen to sudden shut down. For my case, it is Kamekaze's MVC2's Ryu where after I have fought with 30 stages in Arcade Mode, I went to training mode, picked his Ryu. When I perform his normal Ryu to Evil Ryu mode and does his Messatsu Gou Hadouken, Mugen shut down. I reported the problem to Kamekaze before in MFG Forum, but he had no idea how does this problem occur. Some Mugen characters can be weird dpn7.png

Mugen is not the best at managing its own memory usage.  Regardless of what you do, if you play for a long enough time and have memory intense characters in your roster (such as Borewood's high res offerings), Mugen will eventually fall on its face.  You can try changing the PlayerCache setting in mugen.cfg.  I use 0 and that seems to prolong it, but I can't really say anything for sure other than it works.  I guess if you have a crap load of RAM, you can try 30, but I don't recommend it.

If you have enough RAM, then it's not that situation. It could be either a character  that fails to load or a stage that's badly coded.

i was thinking the same. i had this problem sudden close down of mugen

i changed the ram ,it worked. sometime there heavy chars and bad coding also causes this problem.

NotAGoodName is also right you should check the cache. after a long time playing mugen fells apart.

for this i replace files in data except select.def when mugen starts to crashes. it helps. atleast helps me

i found a way to fix it, that problem only happen on win8 and later. win7 didn't have this problem. try to run with win7 compatibilty and run as admin also tick disable display scaling if it didn't fix the issue. please report back if it doesn't solve the problem

i found a way to fix it, that problem only happen on win8 and later. win7 didn't have this problem. try to run with win7 compatibilty and run as admin also tick disable display scaling if it didn't fix the issue. please report back if it doesn't solve the problem

On 12/17/2015 at 5:22 PM, tehdevil said:

Hi, sorry to revive this topic, I figured out that it is Ikaruga's kof characters that cause the sudden crash problem. It was where everytime after I get to fight him, Mugen will close down by itself after two or three fight.

i have the same problem, but i cant even enter at any fight

On 6/10/2017 at 7:53 PM, yaminogun said:

i tried all of the solution, none worked

On 4/24/2019 at 1:33 PM, yaminogun said:

join this thread and provide the dev ur characters that cause problem. he can fixed it. i just lazy to provide the chars. good luck https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/general/thread/7da50f09/

Bruh what is dev? Or where i can find it? (im a newbie at almost all it means mugen)

btw

https://prnt.sc/nh3njn

https://prnt.sc/nh3nqs