Custom OMK Virgilia updated with a light patch 2014-07-12

Werewood

Custom OMK Virgilia
Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

MUGEN Characters 2000 Series: Custom OMK Virgilia
(edited from Boomer's Battler) by Borewood
Custom OMK Virgilia is from Ougon Musou Kyoku (PC)

Custom_OMK_Virgarra_horse.png?psid=1
His horse.............and.............her horse..................

*for MUGEN 1.0/1.1 only*

To play as Custom OMK Virgilia:
Custom_OMK_Virgarra/Custom_OMK_Virgilia.def

To play against Custom OMK Garra:
Custom_OMK_Virgarra/Custom_OMK_Garra.def

(xxx.def - localcoord = 640,480)
(mugen.cfg - [Config] - GameWidth = 640 & GameHeight = 480)

The meaning of "Custom OMK Garra":

please read:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&resid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!591&app=Word

update_notes_2014-07-12:
- disabled most visuals-only Helper state controllers in hope of reducing lagging in MUGEN1.0
  * the Magic Item Show 「マジックアイテムショー」 ― D,DF,F,D,DF,F,z lvl2 super move still makes MUGEN1.0 lag though.....

Please download the Custom_OMK_Virgarra_light_patch_2014-07-12.zip update file from my OneDrive here:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!584

[EDIT]:  oh the ESP Ra. De. boss bonus game is not playable much when MUGEN timer is set to 99 default, without an AssertSpecial timerfreeze flag....

a quick fix:

put these lines of MUGEN code in somewhere in Custom_OMK_Virgarra\Custom_OMK_Garra\Custom_OMK_Garra-2.cns

[state -2, AssertSpecial] ;Darkflare's reminder
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = timerfreeze
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 1

or

download the Custom_OMK_Garra-2_fixed_2014-05-26.zip from my OneDrive same folder and replace the current Custom_OMK_Garra-2.cns:

https://onedrive.liv...F02B0BBD12E!584

Video Preview
if you don't have nicovideo account:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm23639003
if you have nicovideo account: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23639003

Downloadhttps://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!584

Virgilia wants to thank you for your interest in her, by performing a short (just too short...) Miku Miku Dance for your viewing pleasure:

* MMD Virgilia YT video credit:  Reiimuu

shiro is alll butthurt

So I tested her out on my brother's PC (since I have a feeling my laptop won't handle her), since I heard she lags in 1.0, even with Open GL on.

Even if your readme on how she lags help, it doesn't help the fact that all of her attacks took around 1 frame per 2 seconds (Normals in standing, crouching, and air mind you) to come out. Her specials even lag the hell out as well, for around additional seconds or so. And don't get me started on her super (Her QCF, z super, which takes quite a while for the thing to be done). 

I'm aware that she lags in 1.0, but I did this in my brother's PC (his can run games from steam pretty well, even Battlefield 4 and Chivalry, along with the other up-to-date games). Websta's Black Battler doesn't lag as much, so what's the problem here?

On another note, she does run smoothly in 1.1, but that's still not saying much (Except for the fact that I did a pretty high damaging corner combo by using hcf x, qcf x, hcf x, then repeat hcf x; which is around 60% damage).

Edit: I just remembered: Why is there a "demo vid" inside Virgilia/Garras' file anyway? Why not upload that to YT or something?

UKrB4uB.png

zoomed out because won't fit my screen.

Her player sprites have a severe lack of cropping. Which might be causing additional lag.

Oh when I was adding sprites to the SFF file (using FF3), I remember I clicked on the "crop" option.......was that my FF3 crop function not working?

@Bjay:

As you are an OMK player, please let me know what I shall do to improve this Virgilia thanks!

@Tenryuu:

>> all of her attacks took around 1 frame per 2 seconds (Normals in standing, crouching, and air mind you) to come out.

My PC MUGEN1.0 also has that "1-2 seconds delay come-out" issue.  All because of those Helper state controllers that are used during all her moves for both actual attack and VFXs.  Without those big and small Helper VFXs she will be faster, but I hesitated to disable her Helper VFXs........without those VFXs she will look too plain

>> Websta's Black Battler doesn't lag as much, so what's the problem here?

His B.Battler doesn't use as many Helper state controllers as my Virgilia does.  But when his B.Battler is doing the D,DF,F x+y move, it apparently lags for some time because there are quite a few Helper state controllers doing some maths. calculation for angle drawing AT THE SAME TIME, so this is the main reason of lagging -- MUGEN1.0 can't handle many Helper state controllers that happen at the same time, especially some maths. calculation is going on in the Helpers.  Then why using that many Helper state controllers?  It is because OMK itself is a Helper-heavy game and in order to merely reproduce source game stuff like auto-aiming projectiles and zoom-in/zoom-out rotating colorful VFXs in MUGEN, many Helper state controllers have to be used.

Another reason is, my SFF file is usually very big.  Like, my Custom_OMK_Virgarra.sff is 93.7MB large.  It has 4864 sprites in it (yeah, like what Daniel pointed out, some of the sprites I added are not cropped well, my bad).  And B.Battler's Kuroki_1.0.sff is just 22.1MB large and it has only 1494 sprites in it, provided that his sprites are cropped well.  I bet you don't want to compare with my Custom_SSFIV_Oni.sff (166MB & 6528 sprites).

Even my Custom_SSFIV_Oni.sff is much heavier than my Custom_OMK_Virgarra.sff, my Oni doesn't lag in MUGEN1.0, it is because my Oni has very small amount of Helper state controllers!  So, most of the MUGEN1.0 lagging comes from many Helper state controllers at the same time.....ALL ABOUT HELPERS!!!........I might do a light version of Custom_OMK_Virgarra in which most Helper state controllers are to be removed, to see..............

>> Except for the fact that I did a pretty high damaging corner combo by using hcf x, qcf x, hcf x, then repeat hcf x; which is around 60% damage

Well, hcf x is not an endless combo, P2 can block/guard/evade/counter/recover after the 2nd hit.  By the way, Virgilia is nearly the most broken character in OMK.........

>> Why is there a "demo vid" inside Virgilia/Garras' file anyway? Why not upload that to YT or something?

It is because for someone who did the download of the character, then use it without the Internet (similar complaint happened to me in the past)............and I stop using YouTube to upload videos since my MUGEN return.  Now I use NicoVideo.

[EDIT]:  please don't use Touhou examples to explain.............Touhou in MUGEN is out of my might and capability............5c745924.gif

Besides the blatantly obvious lag problems, you should really code a time freeze code for the boss mini-game you have here.

Oh how could I miss that AssertSpecial timerfreeze flag!?  (I put Time = 999 in mugen.cfg in the first place.....th_104_.gif......)

Thank you for your tip!  I will put it in in my update........by the way is she lagging too in your MUGEN1.1?

[EDIT]:  oh the ESP Ra. De. boss bonus game is not playable much when MUGEN timer is set to 99 default, without an AssertSpecial timerfreeze flag....

a quick fix:

put these lines of MUGEN code in somewhere in Custom_OMK_Virgarra\Custom_OMK_Garra\Custom_OMK_Garra-2.cns

[state -2, AssertSpecial] ;Darkflare's reminder

type = AssertSpecial

trigger1 = 1

flag = timerfreeze

ignorehitpause = 1

persistent = 1

or

download the Custom_OMK_Garra-2_fixed_2014-05-26.zip from my OneDrive same folder and replace the current Custom_OMK_Garra-2.cns:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!584

please don't use Touhou examples to explain.............Touhou in MUGEN is out of my might and capability............5c745924.gif

Where in the world did I or anyone use a Touhou example? I don't see it (Unless you're referring to Darkflare's post, but even i don't see it right there).

Also, this is not on character, but please refrain from using any more ellipses. It doesn't make a point across, it's just getting really annoying (Especially with the long ones).

Where in the world did I or anyone use a Touhou example? I don't see it (Unless you're referring to Darkflare's post, but even i don't see it right there).

Also, this is not on character, but please refrain from using any more ellipses. It doesn't make a point across, it's just getting really annoying (Especially with the long ones).

I put that "Touhou example" just to let people know that if they use Touhou MUGEN way to alpha-counter me then I probably won't accept that because I have no idea about how Touhou MUGEN works.  Nothing wrong in all people's reply posts.

What are ellipses you mentioned?  Some sprites in similar shape in the SFF? 

I don't remember there are some long ones used in the AIR........... 077.gif

I put that "Touhou example" just to let people know that if they use Touhou MUGEN way to alpha-counter me then I probably won't accept that because I have no idea about how Touhou MUGEN works.  Nothing wrong in all people's reply posts.

What are ellipses you mentioned?  Some sprites in similar shape in the SFF? 

I don't remember there are some long ones used in the AIR........... 077.gif

Touhou.. Mugen.. Huh. You are aware that Touhou actually has a fighting game (in fact 4) of its own, right?

Also, ellipses is not a sprite thing for MUGEN, but actually a "sentence structure". What I used just now (and what you used as well) is like this: "..." (or if you want a wording, "dot dot dot").

It's mostly depicted as a period of silence in a sentence. It's either if you're feeling sad, have some kind of thought (connecting some words together to form a sentence), or when you're expressing some kind of shock from a sentence that's unbearably stupid.

I would give out an example, but I think you got the idea already.

• 1 month later...

yeah she lags big time  maybe you could make a "Light" version of her without all the SFX and other stuff form the actual game. just a plain version with just the SFX for the supers and explodes.

Oh I forget about the "light" version of her.......thanks for your reminder :)

Wow somebody cared to care my MUGEN stuff by making an A.I. patch!?  I am so touched~ baa60776.gif

And I admire that A.I. patch maker that he/she/it could go through my highly messed-up MUGEN code and SFF/AIR files.  woa-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

Some progress about the to-be-light version:  making............work-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

update_notes_2014-07-12:
- disabled most visuals-only Helper state controllers in hope of reducing lagging in MUGEN1.0
  * the Magic Item Show 「マジックアイテムショー」 ― D,DF,F,D,DF,F,z lvl2 super move still makes MUGEN1.0 lag though.....

Please download the Custom_OMK_Virgarra_light_patch_2014-07-12.zip update file from my OneDrive here:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!584

• 4 weeks later...

well. even with the light patch some of her specials just lag horribly. Had to turn off the AI because it was trying to do all the specials and that causes the game to slow down Miami Vice style. NOT good when you are a guy who likes 2-on-2 team battles like myself. To Be honest, Boomers Characters were always laggy. It could be because how he's been putting the sprites in. My brother Noob could explain it better than I could. I think it has something to do with the filtering. I have some OMK characters that don't lag at all. like Erica (my personal favorite), that maid and kid with the sword on his hand. Maybe you could check them out and see how they solved the lag problem.