April Batis Kula

Betalille

I did released this Kula in an April Fool's Game, I said it was the real Batis Kula.
Of course, it is not !

So, I decided to released her, better than the version I released in April for a Limited Time.

8o37qMz.png

Credits goes to Arkady for Invisible Woman's Voice, Warecus, Acey, Ark_ and Zvitor for Scarlet Witch's Effects.

What's in it ? :

- Standing, Crouching, Jumping (Forward or Backward)
- Basic attacks (Strand, Crouch & Jump)
- Teleport
- Taunt
- 1 Intro
- 3 Winposes
- Voice
- "Possible Palettes" (if anyone wants to create new palettes for her, she only have one)
- 4 Super Moves
- 2 Special Moves
- 1 Throw (Forward + Y [near the enemy])
- Combos

Oh

this oh meant a deep depression

It's safe to say she has the same quirks as most other clones, they don't need to be pointed out, you know them by heart, but She is a magic user yes?

Why not grab the magic book sprites from RedEarth's Tessa character? A quick intro of her reading from it will make that point clear, how she's able to do what she dose.

Also, Witches are known for having a 'familiar' or assistant, Black cats and such. Grab the cat sprites from KoF's Adel, and put it in an intro, or have it appear in a win pose.

Simplify her name to just 'April Batis', she's a N.E.S.T.S Anti-K clone, you don't have to call her Kula.

Change the hair, the color is fine, but she needs style. I'd go with Hotaru Futaba's, use the same pallet trick I showed you to add them. She'll stand out for this reason, and if there is one thing that every clone needs, it's something that sets them apart. There are only 228 sprites, it would take an afternoon, tops.

brat10.gif

Now that's a bratty little thing, that clearly wants to do you harm.....If you do the above, I'll make a Portrait for her AND help with the intros/win poses.

Deal?

Sky, I called her April Batis Kula because it's a april fools version of a Kula called Batis Kula.

The reason of his creation was ... uh... April Fools. Fake hopes. Yeah, that's not really cool but... uh.

Let me give you the video of the real one :

The intro's Kula is the real sprite of the real stance of Batis Kula, that's why I used it. To create the sensation that you really play Batis Kula, but no, it's a fake one.

Of course, I created her because the creator of Batis Kula says that his stuff is created only for him, that he won't share it and that it is bad quality.

I used the fact that a lot of people wants her.

To respect a little bit his creation, I used real colors from the Batis Kula stance that the original creator gave me.

I did it as a magic user but I don't really know what she uses.

I'll think about what you've said but it was just done for an April Fools.

By the way, I'm gonna work on Atomic Saki, so if you want to know what happens to her and her coding, tell me.

---

Mind if I give it to both this Kula and your Kula Diana? (I feel like there are stuff that needs to be addressed)

Go ahead. Tell me. ;)

I'll think about what you've said but it was just done for an April Fools.

Some of the moves in that video are clearly overblown, however, some would make great level3 supers. A lot of the FX can be made from scratch too. You've a chance you make something original here.

My offer stands

Sorry for the (sort of) late reply. Had to re-check Batis Kula just in case I missed something. Anyway, here's my feedback:

-For the intro, there's no effect of "Real" Batis Kula being kicked out.

-In fact, she even gets kicked out before "Fake" Batis Kula comes in.

9gthA9A.png

-Air weak punch is the same as air weak kick. In fact, Air Strong punch is the same as air strong kick, so does air Z and air C.

-Why is her standing Weak kick a punch?

-Z is not really much of an effective "pushback".

-An intentional design to do multiple normals in the air?

-Her attacks don't connect after a 1st hit.. at all (even on guard). Only thing that counts as a combo is Y -> X

-Crouching B's hitbox is a bit too big.

1odXBYg.png

-So does Standing Y's hitbox.

S6PGEg0.png

-Crouching Z and C both have a "Pushback" hitsound, even though they're just regular normals.

-Weird crossup going on with air Z/C

6gTELlO.png

(It hits, btw)

-Throws are not implemented, for now

-D, D, B is an unblockable

-D, D, X+Y (or at least that's how I did it) doesn't hit all the way through

EsMiQOf.png

-Chip damage for D, D, X+Y needs to be reduced.

eo7KNNx.png

Pretty decent, but just needs a bit of work.

(I'll provide another feedback for your KulaDiana later on, since I still need to check her too)

Great job on the Feedback Tenryuu.

From what I'm seeing all these issues are minor, 2-3 hours or so.

@Beta

Hows this sound, let me sweeten the pot. In addition to making a Portrait, intros, win poses, I'll also make those missing normals from scratch. You'll have a solid character with an original flare all her own.

Take the deal Beta

• 2 months later...

cIAOkRY.png

2~3 months later, I know, but I lost everything that was on my computer and I had to download everything back and also, vacations and lessons .....

Alright, I tried to fix what Arcuied said. Changed what had to be changed and adding more stuffs. 2 superattacks and one throw (Forward + Y) added.

@Sky79 I'm sorry but I really don't have the time to change the sprites for the moment but I'll try to add what you've said when I'll have the time.*

I already added the book in the intro but.... errr... It's not really nice.

Link is the same as the first one.

• 7 months later...

J72qNg2.png

Update !

- Fixed Combos
- Added Combos for Standing+Crouching
- 2 new special attacks (Spitting Magic [D,F, a or b] and Calling Magic Lightning [D,B, x or y]) + Combos

6kJDuZR.png
Fp09hkV.png

Link is in the first message ! ;)