[弾断打駄々DANシリーズ/Burning Blaze Red]Sanshiro I.

[Preview]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJK1ZIXdQik&feature=youtu.be
20140505182219-d40231b9.png
[Download]
Sanshiro I.: http://www.mediafire.com/download/etdadu8j6asc21b/Sanshrio.rar
Stage: [Comment]
This is my first(successful) character i have coded successfully with the assistance from Ryon's tutorials and some other help from Daniel9999999999999.
Q & As
WHATS HE FROM?
Answer: Hes from a old doujin game series  弾断打駄々DANシリーズ. His sprites come from his guest appearance in another doujin game known as Burning Blaze Red.
WHATS HE PLAY LIKE?
Answer: General 6 button gameplay. A far better improvement from the source game due to the source playing terrible slow and stiff(Gameplay footage:

).
WILL MORE COME FROM THIS GAME?
Answer: Probably no due to the lack and lazy spriting done by the creators of the game.
IS THE STAGE FROM THE SOURCE GAME?
Answer: No, because i couldnt rip it and besides it was pretty much just a single image(BBR Version).
Credits:

A big thanks to Ryon for his tutorials for without them i wouldn't have been able to accomplish this.

Ryoucchi for all the love(no, its not like that you fool!) and support motivating me to accomplish making a character.
Daniel99999999 for the help on coding the the dive kick since i couldnt figure out how to do it myself.
Team Vocanic Blaze for the sprites produced(even though they did some pretty shit job on making some).
DarkMario, Swordsman-Kai,Mr.KOtik/ScourgeSplitter, Roman55 & TheAnswer for some part time testing and small hands at feedback.
Elecbyte for the production of mugen.
You for taking your time to download this :3

Stage Credits:

Credits to Caddie for the floor sprites used.

Alex for the Tables and pianos used.
RandomRebelSoldier for the water used.
Enscripture for the city in the Background.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated for both the stage and the character.
Additonal notes:

-Palettes cannot be made for him currently due to me taking the sprites and just putting them in since i didnt compile them onto a sprite sheet then compile them into mugen from that. Possible to be changed as time progresses.

I remember you telling me he was at a estimated mere 10% of completion when I asked you about him and that was like maximum 2 weeks ago I believe.

Now today you have deemed him ready for release and what a surprising release it is. I'm eager to download him  but I find it to be best to wait for a few updates before doing so.

Still great work Toaster. The video showed me what he can do and it looks pretty solid!

If you'd have to gauge his completion percentage now, how much would it be?

Well lets see.

-The BG position (Water, city, sky} could be lowered that way water look is about to sink the place where the chars are standing and give it Y Delta.
-Raise the sunflares position how is over the piano looks awkward.
-Chars shadow too dark imo the light source (sun) isnt that strong.
-Work more on your deltas and give it a deep feel.
-Water animation is way too fast imo
-Floor sprite does not match the rest of the stage coloring try to make it a bit more darker or just edut it via layers PS or GIMP.
-Building could(Should) have reflection on the water.

Still need work imo
but thx for the sharing.

Update: Minor fixes
-Everything noted by Expand Dong of MFG as been fixed(excluding the stiff combos since they feel fine with me and a mojirty of people thought so well)
-Infinitive with Light Kick has been fixed
-Light Kick is now also faster.
-Sanshiro no longer looks taller when turning.  
-Better stance clsns.

-The BG position (Water, city, sky} could be lowered that way water look is about to sink the place where the chars are standing and give it Y Delta.

-Raise the sunflares position how is over the piano looks awkward.

-Chars shadow too dark imo the light source (sun) isnt that strong.

-Work more on your deltas and give it a deep feel.

-Water animation is way too fast imo

-Floor sprite does not match the rest of the stage coloring try to make it a bit more darker or just edut it via layers PS or GIMP.

-Building could(Should) have reflection on the water.

- They've been lowered now. As well as y delta, i personally think it's awkward with higher y delta but whatever.

- I think it's nice being that way. It looks more awkward when raised.

- Reduced the shadow intensity.

- It's delta is deep enough already. I dunno but it's .7 and deep enough for my preference.

- Slowed it down.

- Darkened. I made the dark part on the floor matched with the dark part of the furnitures now.

- Added reflection, though it's hard to notice it. I don't want to make the reflection block the entirety of the water sprites.

This is how the stage looks so far. Uploading later.

MRpHsPU.png

Swing Holic got me curious, I like those arranges.

Instead of a reflection, a subtle shadow gradient would work better, since the water is too turbulent. same for the floor, instead of darkening.

Also the characters casting shadows but the lack of them from the furniture, seems odd, especially since the source of light is right in front. Some subtle shadows would make the stuff blend better.

I'd go easier on the hues, as for now the stage is too monochromatic, I know is a sunset, but still.

I'd say the stage could have benefited with parallax, but I guess that's asking too much as the furniture must be edited to match the change of perspective.

As for the character, after some minutes:

-crouching attacks don't connect when p2 is on stand state.

-a,b, down down b, is an infinite

-is intentional to be able to spam all the helpers(strikers & projectiles) one after another even when the same helper is still in game?, speaking of it, the strikers are supposed to follow p2 even when jumping?, also the projectiles do too much damage on block.

-throw is 15 ticks, has range and it's unblockable, can grab you in air and right after getting up.

so you have a better idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIxKZIu4_Q

-he also disappears 1 frame when turning

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll get on these. About the turn issue, i assume its probably because fighter factory fucked up the copy i put out. Its been a very occasional thing thats been happening with me where it generally would have unreasonable issues for no reason but anyways thanks once again for the feedback.

Swing Holic got me curious, I like those arranges.

Instead of a reflection, a subtle shadow gradient would work better, since the water is too turbulent. same for the floor, instead of darkening.

Also the characters casting shadows but the lack of them from the furniture, seems odd, especially since the source of light is right in front. Some subtle shadows would make the stuff blend better.

I'd go easier on the hues, as for now the stage is too monochromatic, I know is a sunset, but still.

I'd say the stage could have benefited with parallax, but I guess that's asking too much as the furniture must be edited to match the change of perspective.

Now that you mention it, i feel the floor is too dark atm. But still, it feels to monotone with the previous color scheme. I added shadows to the furnitures now. The monochromatic feel is somewhat hard to avoid >.<

Thanks for the feedback.

Update:

-Fixed the issues of problems spotted out by Margatroid.

-Grab reduced to 8 ticks instead of 15 and can no longer be preformed in the air.

-Crouching attacks now connect.

-Projectiles are no longer spamable.

-Replaced Nezu in the 1st assist with Blaze adding for more combos and completely eliminating the infinitive(I believe i have done so, might need more verification).

-Increased power added on all attacks.

-Increased movement animation(I know it probably looks more awkward then originally now but i felt he was too slow).

Guess it's my turn to give Sanshiro a some feedback, since I feel like they need some addressing:

-So.. why use pink (both blue and red) hitboxes, rather than the regular red ones?

-Speaking of hitboxes, this doesn't feel right:

oUsRdu2.png

Looks a little too big.

-"Block-sparks" mis-alignment after a couple of button presses:

ZkVfD5m.png

vBpQA24.png

-Speaking of Blocking, D, D, C is an unblockable by default. It is blockable, but it has to be "setted-up" for that to happen. Intentional?

-Also speaking of blocking:

S8RWPpZ.png

This is Chip Damage from his Lvl. 3 Super, btw.

-Just like the "Block-spark", Hitspark mis-alignments after a few button presses:

http://i.imgur.com/aUHHiUU.png

http://i.imgur.com/aR1FIdy.png

-Air guard has the same sprite as a standing guard.

J2L4NsC.png

-Hitbox disappears after I hit Sanshiro in the air with a regular normal:

SBfs8Jo.png

Don't know if intentional or not, but it  doesn't feel right to me.

-What's the point of giving him a double jump if there's no animation for it.. nor if he even has anything that looks like a double jump? Why not a single jump instead?

-Both Z and C chain in itself.. multiple times (up to the point where I feel like it's a potential infinite).

-Even though both striker moves (D, D, B and D, D, C) cost a meter, they feel like an infinite if you keep on spamming them (did it in training mode).

That's all from me.

I forgot to mention that normal hits cause damage on block and the lv 3 super, normals shouldn't do any damage & lv 3 super damage on block is half the lifebar, that's way too much, should be around 10% or so, of the damage it would make if it hits successfully.

the infinites problem comes from the stun times.

after checking again he still has many:

-dash y is infinite alone

-dash b is infinite alone

-c is infinite with enough timing

-z is infinite with enough timing

akuma has 3000 of life there btw.

for the grab I meant that Sanshrio was able to grab p2 while p2 was in mid air, grabs shouldn't do that

air grabs are ok if p1 is jumping as well.

also throw attempts are generally just 1 tick, and can't hit the opponent right after getting up, this is so that opponents getting up can't be locked into another grab, you made it blockable, but I think just not being able to perform it while p2 is down/getting up would work better, like KFM.