Coding My Own Jump

dchan250

Question

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and new to coding my own characters. That said, I need help coding my own jump, since every time my character (Flappy Bird that is lol) jumps, there's always a puff of dust (or smoke idk) when he lands. Since it is pre-installed to the MUGEN engine, I want to code a jump so that it doesn't appear. Is there any way to do this? I'm also sorry I didn't post a picture on this topic to help. 

3 answers to this question

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and new to coding my own characters. That said, I need help coding my own jump, since every time my character (Flappy Bird that is lol) jumps, there's always a puff of dust (or smoke idk) when he lands. Since it is pre-installed to the MUGEN engine, I want to code a jump so that it doesn't appear. Is there any way to do this? I'm also sorry I didn't post a picture on this topic to help. 

I found a half-assed way to make that landing dust being disabled (tried and tested with your Flappy Bird):

In your Flappy Bird's common1.cns:

- copy its Jump Land [statedef 52] state

- paste to create a dummy [statedef 53] state

- then in its Statedef 52] state, near the end of the state:

[state 52, 5]

type = ChangeState

trigger1 = 1 ;AnimTime = 0

value = 53

ctrl = 0 ;1

- the idea is to skip its [statedef 52] state so the landing dust has no chance to happen

- it works for most other MUGEN characters including your Flappy Bird

or, simply just change to this, without making a [statedef 52] state duplicate:

- [state 52, 5]

type = ChangeState

trigger1 = 1 ;AnimTime = 0

value = 0

ctrl = 1

- the same state skipping idea

- it works for your Flappy Bird only

Both ways you might need to take extra care of your default/custom landing sound, if there is any.

I am sure there are some more non-half-assed ways but these are the simplest ones I could come up with............