BSB Ridley (ZM) (currently in early beta state, last updated 10.05.14)

IM NOT ABANDONING ANY OF MY 3 PROJECTS BY STARTING THIS ONE AND OF COURSE I WILL WORK ON OTHER PROJECTS AFTER RELEASING BETA VERSION OF THIS ONE. EVERYONE SAYING HE IS TOO BIG WILL BE PROMPTLY SHOT.
Where was i? Or, right. So, i finally got model of Other M Ridley and decided to start working on him!..but i kinda lack ideas of his moveset other than classic stuff he had, so, i need your ideas.
To prove that im working on him:
mugen___ridley_wip_palettes_by_bagansmasmugen___ridley_idle_animation__2_by_baga
And to prove that Meta Ridley isn`t abandoned either (not final version of palettes of course):
mugen___meta_ridley_palettes_by_bagansma
Right now, i stopped at his basic attacks. Also, he is bigger than samus this time!..kinda...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, i forgot to post updates. I just thought that no one cares about it, but that is a good thing someone does...right?

Update 1:

mugen___ridley_progress_1_by_bagansmashb

Can you see me? Maybe i`m HERE, maybe i`m HERE, who knows?

-Now he can turn invisible until he will run out of stamina (it won`t deplete if he isn`t attacking and isn`t attacked);

-All of basic movement states is done.

Update 2:

mugen___ridley_progress_2_by_bagansmashb

TOASTY!

-Added 2 counter attacks - ground counter and aerial counter (works as a throw if opponent is close);

-Finished win, lose, time over, taunt, intro and block animations and states;

-Replaced Camo meter sprites.

Update 3:

mugen___ridley_progress_3_by_bagansmashb

Unforgiving Cold palette will make sure you will regret about not beating him fast enough. It doesn`t forgives even a single mistake.

-Now "Rage" meter (i will change name for it if i will get something better than "bloodlust" for it) that allows him to use hyper similar to "Regnum Dei" that Feral Chaos uses;

-Added "Malevolent Spirits" palettes and few extra palettes. Palettes 7-11 will allow him to regenerate that metter, so, they act as time trial challenge for you since AI will use "Deus Iratus" as fast as possible, which will become OHKO since AI will perform it flawlessly;

-Finished light punch.

I have the BSB Ridley!  It is amazing!  :3

He appeared in my #2400 14th Gauntlet Mugen Set as a wild card.

And this one will be even better. At least i hope so.

Did he failed or suceeded? If former, then was it epic fail or something unexpected?!

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C90UywcDngA
Everything other than that hyper at the end can be used by any version of this characters. This hyper called "Virtus Inanis" (translate it by yourself if you want from Latin) and can be used only after this meter/gauge in the corner of the screen is fully filled. Then, this One-Hit KO attack can be used to end match by returning everyone on the arena except for "Ridley" himself back to the Void. It can be used only when using black palette, which turns on his "Chaos Incarnate" mode, which gives him extra attacks (will be fully completed when full version will be released, for now only this hyper is exclusive to this mode) and properties/attributes like regenerating meter/gauge i mentioned. Everything shown in the video isn`t THE ONLY things i`ve done for now, its just part of them. And his voice is sometimes inconsistent even through it uses voice from the same guy and i forgot to remove "I will crush you!" from normal Ridley.
Thanks to Evil_Lis/EvilLis for that purple Void effect.

Perhaps you could try add elements from the "Other M" and the ability to fly.

If the AI have that ability then it would be good if Ridley didin't flew too high.

It is already done and he can fly without any limits other than that he can`t block. It allows him to use any aerial attack and replaces his normal fireballs with homing fireballs. Other M elements will be added too, including multiple tail stabs as a aerial hyper.

AI won`t need it, so, it won`t use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVUuBpfueU
This is his "Deus Iratus" ("Wrathful God") ex-hyper. If performed succesfully, he will do that. If not, then he will do a lot less slashes and end with his throw. And succesfully performed version of this ex-hyper becomes One-Hit Kill attack since its impossible to survive getting stabbed into face AFTER GETTING SOMEONE`S ARM THROUGH STOMACH/ABDOMEN/whatever. It won`t deplete your rage meter if it fails to connect, but otherwise, if you have good reaction time, it is a good way to end 1vs1/2vs1 match.

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread since Ridley is not one of my favourite characters by any stretch of the imagination, however that showcase of his "Wrathful God" Ex-Hyper was pretty impressive, especially that last part in which you see it sorta from the victim's PoV before the lights go out I was very surprised to see, and got me hooked to follow his progress from now on.

How did you do that Wrathful God PoV Finisher if I may inquire? 

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread since Ridley is not one of my favourite characters by any stretch of the imagination, however that showcase of his "Wrathful God" Ex-Hyper was pretty impressive, especially that last part in which you see it sorta from the victim's PoV before the lights go out I was very surprised to see, and got me hooked to follow his progress from now on.

How did you do that Wrathful God PoV Finisher if I may inquire? 

I filled his "rage" meter by taunting and attacking, then D,F,D,F,C+Z. Then, when he started to roar, i pressed Z+U, then A+F, then C+D and enjoyed perfect version of this ex-hyper. If you meant coding-wise, then i just used explods (one for 2nd hyper background, one for Ridley and one for white noise), all of them had sprite priority set to 9990+. I can fully explain how it works if you want to know.

If you meant coding-wise, then i just used explods (one for 2nd hyper background, one for Ridley and one for white noise), all of them had sprite priority set to 9990+. I can fully explain how it works if you want to know.

Yes I indeed meant coding wise more than command wise. Oh and please elaborate more on the coding behind it, I'm very fond of something like you did with that hyper as I remember seeing something similair in MikuMMD whenever she performed a super move and I always thought it looked very cool as it actually is an effect that makes me excited for pulling off a super move.

Yes I indeed meant coding wise more than command wise. Oh and please elaborate more on the coding behind it, I'm very fond of something like you did with that hyper as I remember seeing something similair in MikuMMD whenever she performed a super move and I always thought it looked very cool as it actually is an effect that makes me excited for pulling off a super move.

First part is a typical throw attempt state, but with hyper move things thrown into the state. Then, when he touches enemy, said enemy goes into state that consists of nothing other than changeanim with value set to 5300 and just things that belong to a p2 state in throws, Ridley goes into next state and triggers yet another super pause to allow player to remember commands (i will decrease time for it since its already easy enough to do), he just roars like when using taunt. But there is something different other than super pause and hyper fx being used - he creates a helper before super pause is triggered. Since i had an issue with his helper (commands window/box) which involved being unable to see certain parts and few other things, i made it trigger assertspecial state that makes it invisible. Whenever right pair of buttons is pressed (root,command = "z" && root,command = "holdup"), it changes animation to another one, which spawns those flames (first one is triggered when one of 3 animations i used is currently used by this helper, 2nd one - only when in 2nd and 3rd animation, 3rd one - when last animation is used) as explods. When it changes animation to 3rd one i chosed, it triggers parentvarset, which sets special var code to 1, which triggers different changestate in Ridley`s roaring state. When this helper spawns, it automaticly sets said var code to 0 to avoid certain bugs. If player fails to imput those commands, it will remain set to 0, triggerall = var(59) = 0 will be used as a part of the trigger and Ridley will go into imperfect version of that hyper. If everything is done right, then it goes into perfect version of it by using triggerall = var(59) = 1. Then here goes "beating s**t out of target" state. Both of them use HitAdds and PlaySnds is used at the right frames (animelem) with another set of PlaySnds that plays swing sounds right before hit sounds are played. Imperfect version of the state (it is separate) then goes into Ridley`s punch throw state with TargetState being set to said throw`s p2 state. Perfect version does nearly same thing, but instead of already existing throw, it goes into next hyper state which consists of what i already said and few other things. Before impaling opponent first time, target is set to dizzy state that was previously used. After getting impaled, he/she/it goes into another p2state with sprpriority set to 998 while Ridley`s own state was set to 999 and an explod with size being set to 500 being spawned to replecate BGPalFx`s effects without having to remove hyper background. Also, after impaling target, both Ridley and said target is recolored to pure black color for reasons i won`t name, then he goes into another animation that triggers his own assertspecial with invisible flag. Then those few explods i mentioned in previous posts is spawned with ridicolously high sprite priority and an TargetLifeAdd with value set to -9000000000 and kill set to 1 is triggered when Ridley is at the certain part of the animation. I may have missed few details and just explained in a weird way, but at least i tried.