Mugen Real Person Tournament

Dumanios

I was bored late at night, so I thought "why not make a Mugen tournament based around real people?" So I did.

IUf3yUd.png

The start of the tournament itself. I made a list and then randomized it with this.

Anyway, here's the two elimination rounds.

I must say I've really been liking how this tournament has been going so far and all the matches were interesting to watch (safe for the 1st round matches perhaps because of small fries going against big fishes).

Thought what was up with that Mouri vs Oda  fight anyway? Both of them won at least one round by doing an infinite which seemed pretty easy to do (especially with Oda's infinite I was thinking when it would end) and infinites are generally frowned upon, am I right? So by extension I'd like to know if every single Sengoku Basara character has one or more easy to do infinites? Their A.I. also seems quite predictable seeing they always do the same very noticeable combo's.

Finally, in that one semi-final round you posted, why did the combatants have to win 3 times in total to win? Did you change that just to extend that single match or will you put i n the rule of fighters having to obtain 3 victories in order to win from the semi-finals onwards? Making that a rule of a sudden, while understandable, seems inconsistent seeing in all the other rounds only 2 victories had to be brought home.

wait why did you put date masamune in this tourny?

you do know his ai is broke as hell right?

lol i guess you haven't beat his ass yet...

while others like me able to beat him with an ease 

You obviously haven't seen Mouri or Oda

^This

Now for some replies...

Neo_Fire_Sonic: If you think Masamune is ridiculous, wait till you see Mouri, Oda, Hideyoshi, and Honda.

Win: Rei's Sengoku Basara characters have some crazy infinite spamming. I thought it was hilarious, but I can see where people would get frustrated fighting them. As for the three round fights, that's just something I did to make the Semi-finals and finals longer. I probably should've mentioned it then.

Hyoudou: I have defeated Date Masamune. I haven't fought Rei's characters myself, but I suspect they'd be very frustrating.

expect for the worst of that

and yea  i manage to dealt with rei's characters SBX characters too (Except for Keiji) is a hell to deal with specially oda

and yea it gonna be more hell if you put the ai patch for date , yukimura and kojuro (barely won using teh maid Kohaku)

(as if i know kenshin has a ai patch too)

Welp, that final semi-final match was imo more immersing and exciting to watch than the first one. It's also the first battle featuring C. Sanders in which he actually uses LV1 Supers and his other LV3 Super since in all his previous battles he always and only used his LV3 Oswald Ultimate Move Rip Off. It's worth mentioning too that this was the first fight in which he missed said Rip Off move entirely considering that he always hit the target in his previous matches with it.

Shame that CM Punk lost, I kinda liked him a bit more than Sanders and I had such high hopes for him in this face-off seeing he dominated the Colonel so easily in the first round. Oh well, life (and the tournament) goes on...

(Well, that was slightly disappointing)

I find that to be an understatement. To me it was very disappointing. You had your finalists, you had a good final battle stage along with the according music and what do we get? A very one sided match in which Mouri wins twice due to incredibly cheap infinite spamming and once due to Instant Basara K.O.

I'd have much preferred it if Sanders would have won because he does not rely on infinite spamming or instant K.O.'s. But again, keeping your most  recent status update in mind, I should have known already who had won without even seeing this video.

Let's close the book on this tournament and move on peacefully, having learned to never include Mouri ever again into any kind of tournament whatsoever.