computer games and anger management

Ex✭Cᴀʜᴍ

what have you done while being angry to your computer because you repeatedly fail in a game?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you ever got so annoyed by some computer game that you start to yell at a computer or something else like that?  If you are stuck in a game and fail to fight some bad guy or get through some places do you prefer to think and try it out by yourself or you just find some walkthrough for help to get pass the difficult place quicker? 

Well, it happens to me while playing Lost Levels in Super Mario Bros. Crossover a lot, but im trying to beat this game by myself.

2nd game that had this kind of stuff going on was Super Metroid...i`ll just say Marridia. Just Marridia...I used FAQ guide to complete that part of the game.

3rd game was SSBB, but because of the Meta Ridley trophy that fell of everytime! And i were playing same level 10 times or even more. But its not as frustrating as Lost Levels.

I can honestly say I never looked at GameFaqs or any other kind of helpful website with cheats/codes or walkthroughs (not that I remember). If I repeatedly fail at a game, I yell at my computer screen for sure but I never got so mad that I would be as stupid as to throw my pc out of the window nor throw my keyboard or mouse away. Most of the time my way of dealing with difficult game caused frustration is yelling at my screen and occasionally throwing with things like pillows or punching them. Or I go and take a drink/take a break and re-attempt later when I'm calmed down.

I seldom get mad when I play video games.  It is because in most video games I play I usually set the difficulty level to the lowest.

I voted "Look at GameFAQs" mainly because most video games I play on my PC are the emulated ones.

My favorite video game types:

- action (i.e. Double Dragon & Golden Axe & Final Fight)

- shooting (i.e. R-Type & Gradius & Salamander)

- RPG (i.e. Lufia & Shin Megami Tensei & Dragon Quest)

- fighting (i.e. SFII/III/IV & Golden Axe The Duel & DBZ Super Butouden 1/2/3)

It's not on there, howsabout controllers?

Crushed a controller in my hands.  KOF MI 2.  Yes, crushed it in anger.  I have very strong hands.

The mission where you hardly have any life and fighting Alba Miera where he has life regin and only combos will kill him.

Fuck Alba Miera...

I tend to look up how to get past what I'm stuck on, if not take a decent break from it. I've pretty much moved past getting frustrated to the point of yelling at or throwing the game at this point.

I used to throw hissy fits all the time, throwing shit, cursing, hitting shit, the works ya know?

But I've since then learned how to cool off and keep my composure. It's good to give yourself breaks and pace yourself. Getting mad at video games isn't worth plastering your walls.

My friend all those years ago out of anger when Ninja Garden on the nes was new , got mad at this one part near the end of the last stage where he kept getting killed on a jump with a bird every time. When outside and started to shoot birds in his back yard in the trees with a BB gun.

His mother got home from work and saw all the dead birds in the back yard and told him "What the fuck is wrong with you?"