Behavior (as of late)

Ryon

The people who have been in arguments lately, WHY do you argue with each other?

Can't you ignore the person who you dislike?

Let me focus on this specific part. Arguments are, whether one is aware of it or not, seen as putting one's own pride on the line. They don't want to give their pride up, so they continue. Backing out is only seen as cowardly behavior, something to be mocked. It is not something that can be done easily.

Besides, the other side is clearly wrong and there's no better feeling in the world than proving the opposing side to be exactly that: wrong. It's human nature and it will never change. How dare those people just continue to be wrong when you have the light of knowledge that you must shine upon them? Make them regret being so idiotic and wrong.

tl;dr it won't stop because humanity is pretty much conflict-based no matter what.

no we gotta use mugen for it. it IS a mugen forum after all.

:fffuuu:

no crap ............... please tell me u were joking with me .. obviously i dont think Ry is going to be fitting the Bill for people on here with Beef to Fly out to a central location & duke it out .............at least i dont think so * looks at Ry.... maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?????* 

I've seem many people with that attitude in other forum boards and specially while discussing fighting games.

I believe that we need a rule like that to avoid people being discouraged from posting.

I find pointless when somebody who hates a certain fandom attempt to drive away the fans of that fandom.

Hating the fandom is something, but hating the fans of that fandom as well is pointless and specially if intolerance is involved.

Insulting fans and wanting to drive them away is not free speech, but only hate.

Those recent heated-up HOT topics.............are so tempting to me........I really wanted to join the argument because it is exactly the subject I have been involved back in 2010-2011 at MI/MFG.

This time I think I did/am doing a good job; I take my pill and have the right control of myself because I am able to "dis-join" the argument successfully.

>> I really miss when MFFA was peaceful....

Not only you, boss....

Borrowed from some city web site and edited for all MFFA members here:

"We are a group of MUGEN fans that make things happen. We graciously welcome all as we believe every MFFA member is a special gift that adds to the beauty and breadth of our online MUGEN community. Visitors, mods, friends, and those looking for a safe, welcoming, peaceful place to care to share, become part of our "Winning MUGEN Spirit". Make MFFA....the online MUGEN Community of Choice!"

>> Not that I have a problem with them (assholes)....most of the time.

People starting the drama(s) are not the culprits; the ones who encourage and protect the growth of the drama(s) are the true culprits, IMHO.

>> it won't stop because humanity is pretty much conflict-based no matter what.

Then try our best to minimize those conflicts as much as possible here in MFFA.

>> Insulting fans and wanting to drive them away is not free speech, but only hate.

And the "you better stop MUGEN'ing now!" order which is given by those who think they are M.Bison the dictator or the like.

-Just learn to agree to disagree and keep it moving. it isn't that serious. respect each other. how some folks come off online towards each other im sure they wouldnt do that in person. They would have something disagreeable to say but i bet it wouldn't be as rude and as obnoxious as folks do posting at these forums. If you dont like something: "eh i dont like the way that looks, could be better" ...boom thats it! The creator can't (well, shouldn't) get mad at that. its your opinion. Did it have to be expressed? No not really. BUT its good to know theres people that don't like what you did and people that do. It gives a creator something to think about. The question may come from the creator "hmm why you don't like it?"....Then thats when you dig in: "well i dont like it because of this and i.m.o it should be that way because etc etc". At that level of mind meets mind no one should be getting pissed at each other. Its just an opinion and at that level of communication its mature. The opinion could be helpful maybe or maybe not but its still on the creator if he/she wants to listen. Don't get all salty and on the rag because they didn't listen to you. Thats their problem at the end of the day if they didn't want to listen to spot on helpful feedback. Its still their creation. You can always ignore their thread if you're not interested also folks^^

As for feedback:

-If the author/creator said he/she is aiming for accuracy from a certain game then thats when you dig in showing facts and pics of what to guide them along to achieve the goal of creating the character the same exact way. Its a win win situation and they will more than likely listen to all of your source based suggestions. If you're a huge fan of the game and you know your stuff about it, then by all means help the creator. thats the feedback they need then in that situation. But remember there's still going to be people that hate the source material that the creator is aiming for because they are not fans of it at all and may still call it shit and a lame ass idea (etc) even if the mugen character in question is coded well and looks decent......I've seen that too many times already in the community. Yeah at MFG i've seen it all over the years.

-If the author/creator said he/she is just making a custom character then expect the unexpected. And start asking questions. "what features will it have?". "Are you looking for any ideas?". Source accuracy should be out of your head once you've read "custom character". Dont get pissed because the character isnt exactly like the source. He/she just said this is a custom character. Your main objective is to just point out any bug crashers and inconsistencies messing up gameplay entirely. For example: The creator coded a special move to chain into a certain super but it doesn't connect at all or isn't smooth or easy enough execute. Report it! Those major things count. if you don't like the FX ok cool yeah mention it but don't spend 5 pages on it crying about it. Again its not your creation. Its on the creator to think about it and change it. Its their idea. Be patient, more folks may say "hmm yeah i don't like the FX choice so much either, could be better, try this maybe"...thats how you give feedback. If the Creator still doesn't listen then hey thats on them. You cant control that UNLESS he/she is personally making it for you!

-Ive been there myself giving suggestions to creators or giving constructive feedback on a big bugs found in characters and some listen and fix it and some don't. If they dont i dont get mad. I leave the subject be. Its not my character headache. If its just one small thing i'll fix it myself for myself. If its too major and its just way too annoying to me that much and hard to fix then i'll just delete the character entirely. No problem to me. Theres too many other cool mugen characters out there to download and have fun with.

Lastly, Arguments will still happen though because some folks may feel the other has totally insulted their intelligence on what's good or bad. whether they're right or wrong. Its human nature. Just keep it in control at MFFA because it will turn bad fast and no one really wants to be banned from a cool site over nonsense. Especially if you like being here

See, So im sure we can all agree almost all arguments in this or any website... but were sticking to THIS website.

is pointless.

I HATE moderating people, and Banning. I refuse to ban someone unless things just get really bad.

I want it to be peaceful again.

Can everybody try their best to keep this place peaceful again?

no we gotta use mugen for it. it IS a mugen forum after all.

:areyoukidding:

no crap ............... please tell me u were joking with me .. obviously i dont think Ry is going to be fitting the Bill for people on here with Beef to Fly out to a central location & duke it out .............at least i dont think so * looks at Ry.... maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?????*

Doooo iiiiit! :troll:

Kidding. Cuz somebody's gonna take that seriously.

See, So im sure we can all agree almost all arguments in this or any website... but were sticking to THIS website.

is pointless.

I HATE moderating people, and Banning. I refuse to ban someone unless things just get really bad.

I want it to be peaceful again.

Can everybody try their best to keep this place peaceful again?

No problem. But tbo we probably got a better chance of Cici returning and taking a moderator position than us...getting along. Although I'll try not to be...a "nuisance".

:yaoming:

>> it won't stop because humanity is pretty much conflict-based no matter what.

Then try our best to minimize those conflicts as much as possible here in MFFA.

I've already stated why that's a very difficult task, no matter who we refer to.

you think more conflict will start in this thread?

ok well..

I give all moderators the right to stop any argument from happening.

for instance if Dark Flare goes at it with Thrillo (for example)

before things get past 3 posts to each other, i'd come in and say.

"Cut the shit guys"

and thats it. no more arguing from the 2. if they do i'll remove there posts.

Even so, how would it be handled if they were to.. well, argue outside of the thread? Like a chatroom for instance?

I mean, it's not like you're trying to stop an argument from happening. Cause whereever you go, there will always be an argument.

I know, I know. Lessen it (by any means how) is probably the solution. But what if.. they're still arguing on somewhere where we're not aware of, and has been so obscure from our very eyes that we can't see it till it's too late?

Did I just went Vsauce on this response?

Idk, it just feels like ever since that thing with Thrillo (even with that lame insult he put on Xan), and that vid Dan showed a day (or two?) after, we're just trying to at least keep the place peaceful. Idk, it just sounds like we're trying to not have that happen again.

It's obvious, I know.

Not to mention there's some arguments with DF and Zombie at times. (Along with DF arguing at both Ax and Volzilla).

Even though Ax and Volzilla are just questionable to begin with.. Don't know if I should say the same for Zombie cause of his actions lately, but he's a mod/admin in this very board, so I'll leave him out.