Koopa Castle Stage - Released

AxSeeker

Okey tried the stage.

-Sky sufers from colorloss plus doesnt fit with the stage style imo.

-Floor, barrier, and many other things has a wrong Y-delta notice when you jump how the other character sink on the floor?

Correct delta would be 1,1 for the barriers and floor.

Delta for everything on the background as the pillars,rocks and lava could be 0.7,0.7 to 0.6,0.6

Delta for the sky could be 0.5,0,5 this would give the stage some deep feeling.

-Cage tiling is bad you can see of the cage cut on this part.

AOTTXWp.png

--Boundleft and boundright are not the same.

-you gona need to lower your boundhigh if you fix the deltas cuz the cage dont reach to the top of the stage.

-lot of useless lines and spaces on the DEF plus your clouds are parallaxed for?

-The Pillars color clash with the floor and the Pillars on the far background colors clash more the spikes on the gray pillars look really bad plus doesnt match with the shade tones of the pillar.

Liked the BGM and the idea isnt bad buut need works mianly on the colors.

-

Thanks fellas. I actually started out doing stages a long time ago. I do a lot of research and resource gathering for this kind of stuff. I must have watched like 4 different mario castle playthroughs and collected about 50 images from 300 mugen stages to put this together.

I hope it was worth it.

That is Awesome AxSeeker!! :awesome  We needed a good Bowser(Koopa) stage.

Is this all part of your full game project by any chance? :goodmood:

Yes it is! I am planning on doing DK pirate ship, Star Fox - Star Base, Metroid Escape Cavern, A stage for Link called "Lost Forest" (mix between lost woods versions), a bomberman ice stage cliff (64 based) w/ water?, and a Bust a Move Space BG ball physics theme.

As well as boss stages and polygon team stage.

@

Genesis,

Yes I agree! I was not happy with it at all. I must have changed it like 10 times. What colors would you suggest to change them as and I'll make the change and leave an .sff download to. Please help. If you can do this for me, I'll use the feedback in exchange and put in those updates.

zpLdZm0.png

How's this?

Seems a bit too colorful for my taste but if that's the style you going for then it's okay i guess. I personally prefer a monotone stone scheme for castle-type stages.

77Oxb9H.png

Oh also the cage is still tiled in wrong way.