Your MUGEN characters gender preference?

Werewood

Your MUGEN characters gender preference?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well first of all, the manly man image hasn't been appearing as much recently being replaced with the bishounen look.

I generally gravitate toward gameplay styles that I'm more familiar with regardless of whether the character(s) with said style(s) are male or female. Every once in a while I'll try something else, but otherwise isn't affected by character gender.

That said, if I absolutely had to choose, I think I would go more toward female characters simply because...you see guys being cool and awesome all the time, I find it to be more interesting to see a badass female than a male. Sure, you got your cute girls, but you also got your awesome girls as well and they can kick ass just as well.

And let's face it, it's just more impressive seeing a chick fight than a guy.

and wood, you might want to re-word your poll choices better. Characters that are male and female are freaking creepy.

Well first of all, the manly man image hasn't been appearing as much recently being replaced with the bishounen look.

I generally gravitate toward gameplay styles that I'm more familiar with regardless of whether the character(s) with said style(s) are male or female. Every once in a while I'll try something else, but otherwise isn't affected by character gender.

That said, if I absolutely had to choose, I think I would go more toward female characters simply because...you see guys being cool and awesome all the time, I find it to be more interesting to see a badass female than a male. Sure, you got your cute girls, but you also got your awesome girls as well and they can kick ass just as well.

And let's face it, it's just more impressive seeing a chick fight than a guy.

and wood, you might want to re-word your poll choices better. Characters that are male and female are freaking creepy.

Alright I just changed the 3rd choice to "I prefer MUGEN characters with any genders".

>> ...more interesting to see a badass female than a male....

I agree.  Especially the female character is a sub-boss/boss, such as The Rumble Fish 2 Beatrice and Arcana Heart 3 Scharlachrot and Super Street Fighter IV Juri Han and The King of Fighters 2000 Kula.

And, how about these FTG gender setting differences?

- males tend to have moves with more animation start-up & active frames, as well as longer recovery frames, while females tend to have fewer (i.e. the same close standing punch)

- males fighters tend to deal more damage than females do (i.e. the same crouching trip kick)

- males fighters tend to make P2 pause longer when P2 is hit/guarding

- males fighters tend to have life value more than females'

- males fighters tend to build their power meter faster

- females fighters tend to move more agile than males

- females fighters tend to have more multiple-hit moves than males do

- females fighters tend to have more defense value as their attack value is lower

- females fighters' get-hit collision boxes tend to be small than those of males, making females a smaller attack target

So, in terms of game play, there are still some technical differences for the players' preferences.  Just my small opinion.......

There shouldn't be gameplay differences based upon their gender. It's purely based upon how they play. The genders in fighting games are purely aesthetic and seeing people treat it as otherwise is honestly kind of terrible.

There shouldn't be gameplay differences based upon their gender. It's purely based upon how they play. The genders in fighting games are purely aesthetic and seeing people treat it as otherwise is honestly kind of terrible.

In other words, if Ryu is being moves-swapped and property/parameter values with those of Chun-Li (and the other way round), both are just the same to you?

Precisely. The genders are just there as a part of the character's design, not as a deciding factor for how they play.

I see.  So everybody can be a perfect stick-man/stick-woman/stick-animal/stick-robot fighter.  Capom/SNK/Sammy/Sega/Atlus should do a full-stick-figure FTG.  I want to try theirs.....

@Diffbok Is that so..

Anyway, just to get this on topic; It's just mostly on who's gameplay styles I'm morely into. Male or female, it's how their style of gameplay interest me.

For example: For the Shoto types I use: Ryu, Ken, Yuka (Variable Geo), Marisa (Kohaku's Marisa btw), Red Arcueid (She's like an Akuma.. of some sorts), etc.

If I use chars who are more combo based however: Jago (KI), Toru (CA), Yomi (Trap based, yet surprisingly has a lot of combo abilities into her), Orchid, etc.

Something like that. No matter if the core gameplay is rather the same as well, as long as a char of either gender is has a gameplay archetype that I like/interest me, I'll play as him/her.

^

lol

well in my case mostly i used is female char  but i often use male char

but i choose i prefer both genders 

why?

they are fun to used and as long their gameplay is good (and balance too also)

Precisely. The genders are just there as a part of the character's design, not as a deciding factor for how they play.

This is patently untrue. The SF2 directors intentionally gave Chun-Li lower health because she was a woman, the narrative only recently changed ot the fact she was a fast character anyway.

This is patently untrue. The SF2 directors intentionally gave Chun-Li lower health because she was a woman, the narrative only recently changed ot the fact she was a fast character anyway.

I worded that wrong. What I meant was that it shouldn't be a deciding factor.

I don't really have a preferred gender. I play with more females than I do males, but my mains are males.

For me it doesn't matter that much as long as they play well, have good movesets, and are fast, I will probably play as them. I have always made speed my preference.

I am curious about what FTG or MUGEN characters your sister uses.......... efb50fe2.gif

She played with me FTG in the past, we have played Vitual Fighters 2, Street Fighters and Samurai Spirits 2 and 4 She used Sarah, Chun-Li and Nakoruru. There was one time when I play Samurai Spirits 4 with my youngest sister, I used Nakoruru. When my sister came into my room to watch us playing, she says "Wow someone is using Nakoruru huh? Who huh? Is he a gay or what huh?" I was pissed after she said that.

Some girls likes robots

Some boys likes princesses

Nothing wrong with using a female character on ftg lol

That whole thing reminded me of why I never played as girls anymore: My brother....................

She played with me FTG in the past, we have played Vitual Fighters 2, Street Fighters and Samurai Spirits 2 and 4 She used Sarah, Chun-Li and Nakoruru. There was one time when I play Samurai Spirits 4 with my youngest sister, I used Nakoruru. When my sister came into my room to watch us playing, she says "Wow someone is using Nakoruru huh? Who huh? Is he a gay or what huh?" I was pissed after she said that.

The truth is that she doesn't want you to use the same characters she uses in fear that you would be better as them than her.