Donkey Kong - RELEASED

AxSeeker

Dk- Released

DfEMd9Q.gif
http://i.imgur.com/DfEMd9Q.gif

Download

http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t3026-donkey-kong-released

I didn't feel like coding the specials but they're there so anyone out there be my guest  lol I would like for Dk to get a balloon fly mode down the line where he can drop TNT barrels though that's all I would like. He's rich in monkey sounds and only flings coconuts at you. Try him out with a DK stage by Blizzard Buffalo on his website or here in our downloads!

Enjoy!  ;)

This looks interesting though unfortunately I can not properly test it atm. Judging by the sprites alone, I could say that visually speaking this already is the "best DK" out there for M.U.G.E.N. currently.

I do however have some, although personal , issues with him based on that .gif animation you posted as a preview :

- The hair on his right arm, "tail" and on the back of his right leg should be smoother and not sticking out like it does now

- The hair on his left leg, more precisely on his kneecap, should be smoother too. Now it looks just like a lump of hair is attached to it

- His chest should be colored all the way to his "balls", now you have colored only the part where otherwise his non existent nipples would be correctly. To visualize it more, this is what I mean :

1024_donkey_kong_country_returns-prev.pn

- Speaking of monkey balls, he does not have anything that looks like it in any of his games, in that stance I can clearly see it and imho it should be removed and made more smooth.

- The shading on his left foot looks weird compared to his other foot. Maybe you can consider giving both feet the same color?

- I would personally not let DK have his mouth open all the time, either let him open and close his mouth at regular intervals or keep his mouth closed.

I didn't feel like coding the specials but they're there so anyone out there be my guest lol

That statement kind of worries me since last time I checked you're not supposed to make a complete (since you did not say DK is a beta or alpha, I assume you see him as finished) character, only to have a vital part of the gameplay like specials unfinished because "you did not feel like it", therefore basically telling others to finish your work. I'm sure you have your reasons but still this statement speaks of a bad attitude to me.

i love the sprites and the ideas...but the positioning is off on most attacks, sounds arent accurate(i hear diddy cries)...he needs to be scaled down jus a lil bit. but im gonna fix this for the weekend.

Hey Royce, I appreciate what you are doing but actually is it not Ax's job to do that?

EDIT : I just opened the character file and, albeit this may be nitpicking, should you not say you're the author instead of "Nintendo"? I also think you should have renamed the files to DonkeyKong.sff/DK.sff for his .sff file and all his other files too instead of the current MarvelTemplate.sff, MarvelTemplate.air, MarvelTemplate.snd MarvelTemplate.cmd file names.

Not really.

Basicallly he is only releasing the sprites for anybody that wants to make a Hires Donkey Kong.

While it's good he made those sprites in the first place, does that give him an exemption of fixing any issues the sprites (like the ones I mentioned)  and the character (like Royce said) have as of now?

ill fix it this weekend. because it should be done. i hope this doesnt go to mfg because it will be flammed for its incompleteness. which is sad because it is good!. this will actually be my first edit of a char! ill clean up the coding,AI,required sprite positioning, sounds & rename the files within the character. Don't worry guys...this will be alot better. And thank u Ax for even taking DK this far in mugen. :)

That statement kind of worries me since last time I checked you're not supposed to make a complete (since you did not say DK is a beta or alpha, I assume you see him as finished) character, only to have a vital part of the gameplay like specials unfinished because "you did not feel like it", therefore basically telling others to finish your work. I'm sure you have your reasons but still this statement speaks of a bad attitude to me.

This...I agree! It does bother me too. This is no doubt the best look of Donkey Kong in mugen however when this character has some unfinished things in it...gosh, for people like me who is not a coder, really hope any creator out there could finished it.

ill fix it this weekend. because it should be done. i hope this doesnt go to mfg because it will be flammed for its incompleteness. which is sad because it is good!. this will actually be my first edit of a char! ill clean up the coding,AI,required sprite positioning, sounds & rename the files within the character. Don't worry guys...this will be alot better. And thank u Ax for even taking DK this far in mugen. :)

Oh great Royce!

Was giving my hopes up but

Seeing you're about to handle this, i'm getting excited!

i love the sprites and the ideas...but the positioning is off on most attacks, sounds arent accurate(i hear diddy cries)...he needs to be scaled down jus a lil bit. but im gonna fix this for the weekend. this is definetely the best DK in mugen. this has EXTREME potential!

You do that, and release a Groovy edit.

Thanks friend! I appreciate this. I don't know how to code all that well and I really couldn't continue anymore with whatever because I just lost interest yesturday.

Also, Let MFG say whatever (there's an upside to it) , as long as it keeps bumping the thread and sending more memebers over I don't care what they say. :=D:

@Thrillo,

I know, right! Why the hell does it take XX years to do a 2D DK character for mugen?!

@winmugen11,

I authored it as Nintendo because I personally feel that no creator is deserving of credit unless he completely makes up the character himself.

@everybody else,

Thanks guys, I've been struggling to find a good design & base for DK for a year now and I finally got lucky. This wip took me about 3-4 days to start and finish XD

I might do a Mario next with aperson98 or 89, something like that? He's a great coder I hear!