Knuckle Fighter?

Gaulbetti

Some game engine similar to Mugen, but the characters are WAYYYY wackier. There seem to be a lot of live action characters. Mainly, the characters use .bmp files as sprites, and the sprites are all separated. Also, the stages are like that, too. There seem to be 2 different versions, KFA and KFX. The screenpacks are a lot........ more detailed. And the characters select screen has scrolling in it, too. And there's a awesome zoom effect after a KO. Also, the characters names can be written in different languages, making characters A LOT harder to identify. Unfortunately, the main community for it is Japenese, making it hard to use, and find things for it. Oh, yeah and some Mario videos:

To download it, go here: http://oggg.dip.jp/index.php?c=6-30

Okay. I figured out how to put characters in it. (You point the game engine into the place where the characters are, and there in.) What mainly separates this from Mugen is:

-No debug keys. (Well, in Arcade mode...)

-There's a point system. (Let's say you wanted to make a accurate SF3 TS screenpack. It even has a combo meter that tells you how many points you get.)

-Stage music gets faster near a K.O.(Like in SF2.)

-Every character goes into time over pose when they run out of health, but are still standing.

-You can't choose stages.(Each character has their own.)

-No K.O. voices.(There's different voices for each type of hit.)

-Has a YOU LOSE text.(YOU WIN and YOU LOSE texts are different. There's even a perfect round text.)

-Stages can alternate songs in between rounds.

-There's only 4 buttons instead of 6.

-Pause menu (Start button) can bring up character movesets. (There in Japenese, though, I think...)

-You can't block in mid air or air recover.

-All characters have a block stun meter.

-Some characters have themes.

-The music can be affected with a synthizizer.

-At the end of Arcade mode, there's pictures of the final match ending hit, and your characters's portrait.

That's about it, from what I've seen...

• 2 weeks later...

found a video with links and info on the game that could be useful. If anyone can get it to translate properly we could be in good shape :D (go to youtube to watch it so you can see the links and the description describing them)

• 1 year later...

I have been looking for a way to rip sprites and sounds from KF-X (+) stuff for long...............if anybody knows how then please let me know

th_0shh.gif

thanks a bunch in advance.........

I'll never tell you >: c

I would love to know, too. There were a few characters I would love to see converted.............

Considering I rip a bunch of them and make them myself its a pretty easy process it just depends on what your dealing with honestly.

:areyoukidding:

The main site is where?

The main site died years ago so your not gonna be able to go to it. Im pretty sure web-archive dosent have it so you'll have to stick to the KFX News site since that has the best material for people getting into it.

Anyways in terms of my personal opinion the engine is pretty fun for the most part. Very limited and not as powerful as the mugen engine but still has its good times. I personally prefer a lot of the characters you can find in KFX considering i happen to enjoy digitized sprites heavily ad the methods they tend to use vary very differently from author to author. The creativity is certainly very good from most of the time the engine has been up since 1997 compared to how the creativity in the western world of mugen where people are being repetitive and not crafting their own gameplay or really making characters that havent been made but ,anyways yeah i guess thats my 2 cents on the matter. PM if ya want more information or something i guess.

I should've updated my comment about that. I've seen them, and they're awesome. That Ogg.jp site has been dead for years? According to my computer, I was on that site 6 months ago. If you're talking about Super Carrot's site, on the other hand...

Also, Toaster? Have you seen those Marios in the 1st video and both in the 2nd videos? I had the weird one on the right on my last computer, he was made by a creator named B-Mario, but I lost him in a crash. I know that Haggar Mario is a swap of Luigi, but he has some more attacks, like the turnip and Mario Golf attack, which I can't seem to do with the Luigi, which I have. I've been dying for MARIO_FC for a while now, though...

I was referring to Super Carrots site. Yeah, ive seen the other 2 marios before but i cant recall where but i'll see bout' what i can do for you. As for the Haggar Mario it exists for mugen as well so i suggest you also look for that one too since that one does way more then what it originally did in kfx. Anyways, by any chance would you happen to have a couple of these ones im searching for?

1. Neoakuma by  - https://twitter.com/key_yan0424/status/619166775951777793?autoplay=true

2. Test - http://kfxbja.web.fc2.com/pict/TOPSS.PNG

3. Dude on the right - http://kfxbja.web.fc2.com/kfx/pict/charaSS/patriziaSS.png

I don't know about the first two, but I could've sworn I've seen that last guy on a site with many other live action characters. I'm going to go search through my history for that site. Sorry I couldn't help more...  Neoakuma looks cool, though.

I even found that B-Mario's page: https://web.archive.org/web/20090221053533/http://bmario.at.infoseek.co.jp/kfx/mario.html

He's offline, though...

That's going to take me a few days to try all of them, but I'm not complaining. Thanks a whole lot for that. BTW, I have a weird problem with my KFA. Nobody gets knocked over anymore, and some attacks do MASSIVE damage that didn't before. It's like everyone has permanent super armor. Winposes and loseposes don't even trigger anymore. Do you have any idea what's going on with it? It just started this problem, too...

I have to say, I also prefer a lot of the characters on KFX as opposed to MUGEN. For example, the Shimakaze I have in it is a lot better and a lot less brutal than most of the other Shimakazes available for MUGEN. She also plays really good and has a very interesting moveset. Also, there are a few characters that I have in it that were actually converted to MUGEN, albeit they were given more moves or were given a complete overhaul(and, in some cases, different voices that don't really fit). It's a shame that most of the sites for it seem to be dead, though.

I have to say, I also prefer a lot of the characters on KFX as opposed to MUGEN. For example, the Shimakaze I have in it is a lot better and a lot less brutal than most of the other Shimakazes available for MUGEN. She also plays really good and has a very interesting moveset. Also, there are a few characters that I have in it that were actually converted to MUGEN, albeit they were given more moves or were given a complete overhaul(and, in some cases, different voices that don't really fit). It's a shame that most of the sites for it seem to be dead, though.

I dunno what you mean by most Shimakazes for mugen since it only has like what 3? Which for the most part they arent coded great they're okay. In KFX i imagine your talking about that oe by the fellow who makes those PC-98 characters and stuff right?