Super Armor for only certain moves?

BowserKoopa

Question

I've been searching for tutorials on super armor for only certain moves, but all I could find are tutorials on how to put super armor for all states (like a boss type character.)

So basically, the question is, how can I add super armor to only certain moves of a character?

Example: In Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, some of Sentinel's normal moves have super armor, but if you hit him while he is just standing there, he is hit normally, with NO super armor at all. If you hit him while he does those normal moves, he will not flinch due to super armor.

9 answers to this question

The way I did it in that Yukari was outdated, heres a more refined version:

You'll want 3 states: A beginning state, the actual state, and the armor gethit state.

Beginning State: basically you define the animation and anything you want to happen before the armor takes effect, such as powergains in the statedef. For the most part, this will be an empty state aside from a single controller that immediately puts you into...

Actual state: Basically code this as you would any other attacking state. The only difference here is you dont define anything in the statedef aside from movehitpersist =1. Here is where you put the hitoverride for your armor gethit state. Additionally, you must use animelemtime triggers instead of time triggers or else you'll get improper false positives in your state controllers that use them whenever you come back from the armor state.

Armor Gethit: should be rather self-explanitory. Make sure to have it send your character to their regular gethit state if theyre no longer alive. This state should include a copy of the hitoverride from the Actual State, as well as a changestate back to the Actual State once the hitshaketime is over. As is the case with the actual state, make sure movehitpersist is set to 1 and dont define any animations in the statedef. Also make sure to simulate the animation freeze using the changeanim controller by setting it to the current animation element for the duration of the state.

Philosophy on that ass. But that's besides the point. Besides, nobodys hijacking the thread when the subject is the same. All who read it will still get the information and a thread is about the readerS not just the poster. SO anyway, I'd love to add super armor to infinite broly or hulk, like 3 hits and they react. So what to do?