What about a MFFA promotion proposal?

Werewood

Hmmmmmmmm.........this is roughly what is in my thinking, about a MFFA promotion (possible or not?)

Like, for now, only a MFFA Facebook is used for some social network purpose.

I am thinking whether there can be some more things we can do to promote MFFA to a greater extent or not.

For example, add a Linkedin?

And, we all know YouTube is very powerful so can we have a MFFA YouTube channel (I am not sure whether the YouTube Channel GamingFreeForAll has anything to do with MFFA or not).

More, nicovideo.jp.  nicovideo is like the Japanese YouTube.  A MFFA nicovideo channel can be used to showcase all MFFA's announced cool MUGEN releases.  I once posted some SXVector's OMK release videos at nicovideo and some Japanese MUGEN fans could know of his MUGEN works. 

There can be a "splash video" -- using some screen capture software to capture a flow of using the MFFA web site, like a navigation to each forum, showing some member list, showing a moment in the chat room, using the web site search engine to search something, showing MFFA Facebook....etc....just to give new "customers" an introductory look of MFFA.

Then I guess we can post some videos showing off like, Mugen Free For All Battle V4 (1.0) screenpack with all announced cool MUGEN releases from MFFA stages/lifebars/characters, at both YouTube MFFA channel and nicovideo MFFA channel to let more people know about MFFA and try to attract more new comers.

Also, is IP.Board having some public newsletter subscription plugin?  If so then both new comers and existing members can get the most updated MFFA information.  Or even some RSS functionality?

Oh just a very little minor opinion:
For the current MFFA top banner,

0UkFs1l.png

I can see there are many cool MUGEN characters behind the banner title.  Is it a good idea to post more MFFA members' MUGEN characters?  All I mean is, trying to "MFFA'ize" things......something like localizing things (i.e. Tuna Town)........ ?_?

All of the above ideas of mine is very rough, and highly doubtfully do-able, and of course it may involve a lot of human works.   Don't know, just a small proposal here..........

1-i would actually like to see Ryon do a new banner and yeah with MFFA chars XD

2-About the MFFA Facebook page is hard to see any update cuz the ones incharge  of it (Ryon and Legato) are mostly too busy with theri real lifes, i wanted to help on that part cuz iam at FB like 70% of my free time and days off but never got a reply back by Ryon.

3-Gaming Free For All Channel is run by Alpyne_D if i remember well is more about the members from here playing online matches at mame or w/e other online games like on Tourneys thats why isnt called Mugen Free For All in the 1st place lol thos a channel doesnt sound bad

4-That Nico Nico MFFA chanel idea sounds nice,

You have nice ideas there,

Promoting MFFA is a great idea, actually. We could use some more members and with Infantry gone, Guild has an unhealthy monopoly over Mugen. I'm sure I've mentioned that before but whatever.

In my humble opinion, what brings people into Mugen are videos of their favorite characters dicking it out; doesn't matter if the actual characters are garbage, they'll find that out later.

Also, speaking of the Guild, bigger userbase aside, they have more people constantly releasing new, regular content over there whereas this is 'just' a warehouse- we should be using that in our favor. Potential new users might come in here looking for private monstrosities, KoF edits mainly. Releasing otherwise impossible to find creations is sure to boost our popularity.

There's also an untapped potential in nukes I believe. Fans AND creators alike have no place to discuss them except for YouTube, which is garbage now thanks to Google+.

I don't know man, just my two cents.

Promoting MFFA is a great idea, actually. We could use some more members and with Infantry gone, Guild has an unhealthy monopoly over Mugen. I'm sure I've mentioned that before but whatever.

In my humble opinion, what brings people into Mugen are videos of their favorite characters dicking it out; doesn't matter if the actual characters are garbage, they'll find that out later.

Also, speaking of the Guild, bigger userbase aside, they have more people constantly releasing new, regular content over there whereas this is 'just' a warehouse- we should be using that in our favor. Potential new users might come in here looking for private monstrosities, KoF edits mainly. Releasing otherwise impossible to find creations is sure to boost our popularity.

There's also an untapped potential in nukes I believe. Fans AND creators alike have no place to discuss them except for YouTube, which is garbage now thanks to Google+.

I don't know man, just my two cents.

I am a MFG/MI/IMT refugee, so I understand what you mean sir toast.

However, about your statement, "they (MFG) have more people constantly releasing new, regular content over there", I have something to say.

It is not deniable that there are many high-reputational MUGEN Pro's and MUGEN dudes at MFG and most of them can make and release top-notch MUGEN contents.

Yet, some of them seem to look down on people who have less MUGEN skills.  And, too many small circles have been formed to support one another, for example, some mods/admins are in favor of certain MUGEN Pro's and let those MUGEN Pro's do whatever they like (i.e. e-bullying, e-haunting, e-insulting,..etc.).  Just like a bad breakfast, everyday you log in you just see all those blind bashings and attacks against you.  It doesn't matter whether you do release regularly or occasionally, you will later or sooner get banned by defending yourself or white-knighting other victims.  Oh by they way, MFG MUGEN Pro's and MUGEN dudes hate regular new MUGEN releases by any individual very much!  They insist that every MUGEN release must be done and released within no less than a year and even more.  I mean, they don't appreciate fast while playable MUGEN releases.  Thus, your statement seems a bit....wrong to me.

>> Releasing otherwise impossible to find creations is sure to boost our popularity.

Wholly Molly this is exactly what I am doing in MFFA.  I hope my half-assed but unique MUGEN stuff can be of any help on boosting MFFA's popularity.  Even in my latest MUGEN release I tried to promote MFFA's Sharing-is-Caring theme and its peaceful atmosphere and nicer environment.

Therefore, I think before we plan on a working MFFA promotion proposal, we have to keep MFFA peaceful at our best.  It will be a great tragedy to see if ever MFFA being turned into the next MFG/MI/IMT.

When I said 'regular' I meant... regular. You know, non-cheap characters. There's an awful lot of people out there who don't care for those, no, they prefer the SF, KoF and Touhou edits I mentioned before. Focusing our efforts into that, putting stuff like Legend Gold Metal Orochi in the banner might help.

Anyway, Guild is so hostile (and hereby easily trolled) because the mods not only allow it, they encourage that behavior. It's little to do with all the 'pros', although I do admit they play a role in their cynical culture. You did raise an important point, though. All the newbies that get scared off their club, they have nowhere to go. Why not here? Why not link Guild members to MFFA when something new is released instead of the other way around?

When I said 'regular' I meant... regular. You know, non-cheap characters. There's an awful lot of people out there who don't care for those, no, they prefer the SF, KoF and Touhou edits I mentioned before. Focusing our efforts into that, putting stuff like Legend Gold Metal Orochi in the banner might help.

Anyway, Guild is so hostile (and hereby easily trolled) because the mods not only allow it, they encourage that behavior. It's little to do with all the 'pros', although I do admit they play a role in their cynical culture. You did raise an important point, though. All the newbies that get scared off their club, they have nowhere to go. Why not here? Why not link Guild members to MFFA when something new is released instead of the other way around?

I am not saying we use some MFFA promotion to steal MFG members.  I mean, we can use other means/media/medium to let more new MUGEN users all over world, know about MFFA and hope it might attract them to join MFFA.  That was why I suggested something like a Linkedin and a newsletter and even a RSS additions.  The MUGEN user base I really to steal is, not any MFG members, but the Japanese MUGEN group.  All the Japanese MUGEN fans know of is MFG, if they use nicovideo as much as the Western people use YouTube, then there is a chance for us to promote MFFA at nicovideo, in hope of at least introducing MFFA to the Japanese MUGEN group

As you might have noticed, Japanese MUGEN group is just second to the Western group.  My race, the Chinese MUGEN group, is going downhill fast day by day.....................some days it might become the Korean MUGEN group, which has already been gone for long.