About the issue with Uran's page on M.U.G.E.N wiki

Toshio Tenma

As you guys known, I have made Uran based in the original Tetsuwan Atom series. However, somebody did a wiki entry about her with information based in the dub and ignpring that Uran was not created to support Astro Boy. I tried to correct it many times, but the article was always edited no mather how many explanations I gave. It don't matter how Astro Boy is popular, it doen't justify false information about Tezuka's work since Astro Boy mostly have his author ideas removed. Now the article is locked with false information as if Uran have clips from the american dub and it's a insult saying that my work based in Astro Boy when Uran mainly have sprites based in the scenes which doesn't exist in the dubbed series. It doesn't matter if they want to focus in gameplay info, it doesn't justify false information and I wish that entry to be deleted. I would do it myself and add more details about the creation instead of a lazy copy&paste from Wikipedia wkipedia which is a unreliable source of information.

Well they was always unreliable when it comes to being informant but I'm sure there's a few people like you out there trust me wasn't the first time you ran into a wiki with false info right? Can't say anything since I know nothing of Astro Boy/Uran

So I read the article and I'm not seeing how it supports Astro Boy (something you consider a GREAT EVIL it seems). If anything what you should have done is mention that she's from Tetsuwan Atom and then mention that it was dubbed into Astro Boy. You didn't have to add "It's not fateful" because who the hell cares?

Certanly not anybody who goes to that site if you ask me.

Unless the so called "English dub" happens to be Bible Black or House of the Dead 2 tier quality, there should be no reason why it shouldn't be tolerable.

GOLD-MUN

THIS IS THE FINEL BABBLE

says the guy who has Rotom everywhere.

Nononono~! It's ロトム, get it right :=D:

And to think I prefer Typhlosion and Garchomp more :P

Everyone's missing the point (well, not everyone, but yeah). Why put Japanese information on an English language wiki? The first part of Uran's article has naught to do with Toshio's character, as it is with every other article. The only part of the article relating to Toshio's work is the Gameplay section filled with its playstyle, stats, moveset, palettes, etc., and the download link.

Toshio is complaining about that first section that has nothing to do with his character at all, but rather Uran outside MUGEN. Whether you like it or not, Tetsuwan Atom was released as Astro Boy outside of Japan, and the MUGEN Database is not Japanese. We can't go changing everything to suit one person's desires.

But as a author of the character i think you should be able to freakin write whatever you freakin want

Not entirely. If we let people write whatever they want, then there'd be no article consistency (and a lot of bias and opinions, funny enough). A lot of the time, creators that come onto the wiki to post up their characters create something like:

"Hello everyone! I've just released my newest character, x!!! I really hope you all enjoy it :D

You can download it here: genericfilestorage.com

Happy mugening!!!"

And that's just the ones that can grammar. I won't drone on much further, but before you make your snide remakes about how the MUGEN Database is full of 10 year olds and how it "sucks, lol", I'd like to let you know that it's piss-easy to sign up to Wikia and create an article, so of course the 'Database is going to get your Mugenfans and your Josh Gearys. It's actually a really nice community once you get to know it...

...and we all hate you guys too >:P

Not entirely. If we let people write whatever they want, then there'd be no article consistency (and a lot of bias and opinions, funny enough). A lot of the time, creators that come onto the wiki to post up their characters create something like:

"Hello everyone! I've just released my newest character, x!!! I really hope you all enjoy it :D

You can download it here: genericfilestorage.com

Happy mugening!!!"

And that's just the ones that can grammar. I won't drone on much further, but before you make your snide remakes about how the MUGEN Database is full of 10 year olds and how it "sucks, lol", I'd like to let you know that it's piss-easy to sign up to Wikia and create an article, so of course the 'Database is going to get your Mugenfans and your Josh Gearys. It's actually a really nice community once you get to know it...

Which is why I made it a personal policy of mine that whenever I'm writing or editing an article over there, that it be written from a 3rd person neutral perspective. Basically, if the article is written in such a way that it doesn't look like an article that would have been written on wikipedia, odds are it shouldn't continue to exist as is. High standards, I know, but setting the bar higher tends to yield more productive quality control.

And yes, this applies to the Nigga and Nazi Party articles on the Josh Geary wiki as well :=D: