[Gen6] Pokemon XYORAS - Battle Video Thread

DarkWolf13

7KEW-WWWW-WWW4-TQAZ

The first battle I played in that I'm actually kind of proud of. Not because I won, but because I won against a team with Mega Garchomp on it. Also, I got to show off my Shiny, who didn't do much except finish off a non-shiny version of itself.

O_O you beat a mega-Garchomp. No way!!

I see you have gotten stronger MugoUrth. :awesome 

That team you have might be able to out-beat my Eevee Evos they struggle against Garchomps. :goodmood:

That guy was using Dig on Mega Garchomp and Rock Wrecker on his Rhyperior. I'm honestly not surprised at all that he lost. The only variants of Dig that are actually useful in battles are Bounce and Phantom Force, and even then they're never seen outside of VERY specific Pokemon, namely Gyarados, Trevenant, and Mega Banette.

The only variants of Dig that are actually useful in battles are Bounce and Phantom Force, and even then they're never seen outside of VERY specific Pokemon, namely Gyarados, Trevenant, and Mega Banette.

Phantom Force can also see some use on SubSeeding Gourgeist. I dunno how effective it is, but it's an idea.

I did a really fun session of battles with one of my friends a little while ago. I think she can sum this particular battle up rather well:

HOLY CRAP THOSE SPPONS ARE AWESOME OMG LOOK AT THE SPOONS XDDDDD

2PWW-WWWW-WWW4-UCYX

Arcanine normally does better against her Blaziken, but he proved really awesome in the other battles. He's a keeper.

@MugoUrth

If you haven't got a Prankster Pokémon, Speed is key to dishing out status moves that cripple Pokémon or buff your own, as well as getting out Sneaky Pebbles, Dragon's Teeth and Poisonous Dragon's Teeth. Also, Speed is key if either Pokémon could KO each other in one hit.

As a general rule, Speed is accompanied by Attack/Sp. Attack, because being able to attack first is futile when you can't deal any damage.

@MugoUrth

If you haven't got a Prankster Pokémon, Speed is key to dishing out status moves that cripple Pokémon or buff your own, as well as getting out Sneaky Pebbles, Dragon's Teeth and Poisonous Dragon's Teeth. Also, Speed is key if either Pokémon could KO each other in one hit.

As a general rule, Speed is accompanied by Attack/Sp. Attack, because being able to attack first is futile when you can't deal any damage.

Yeah, but so is speed if you can't deal damage. All that speed is pointless if you can't deal or take damage. I'd rather have a Pokemon who can take hits and send crippling counters against an opponent than one who merely attacks first.

Yeah, but so is speed if you can't deal damage. All that speed is pointless if you can't deal or take damage.

Hence I said it's accompanied by Attack/Sp. Attack investment :U

General summary:

Sturdy bastards = HP, Defense, Sp. Defense investment

Glass cannons = Attack, Sp. Attack, Speed investment

Of course, Trick Room...

:3

General summary:

Another thing: If you're using a tank of some sort, maybe consider some defensive investment along with the attack stat of choice. Whether you boost the defensive stat that is lacking or your highest one is up to you.

I've been doing that a few times because I have a Pangoro with maximum Sp Def and increase her bulk with Bulk Up and give Leftovers. She's one of my flawless victors against Evelyn at the Maison, the other victor was my Delphox. Then I have a Careful Tyrantrum with some Sp Def benefits but I'm giving him the Assault Vest anyway. I have others but I must wait for Bank. 

Hence I said it's accompanied by Attack/Sp. Attack investment :U

General summary:

Of course, Trick Room...

:3

Thats pretty much how you some up the difference between Espeon and Umbreon

one is Sturdy : Umbreon

one is Attacker : Espeon (mainly SP.Attack)

Though I admit Matt that 'Trick Room' strategy you do for slower pokemon is trip-out. LOL! :=D:

A2PG-WWWW-WWW4-VFHL

GRWG-WWWW-WWW4-VTKT

I've been seeing more shinies ever since I started using that shiny. One fight uses a Shiny Absol/MegaAbsol, the other has a Shiny Hawlucha.

2QPW-WWWW-WWW4-VTL6

Okay, this fight I actually lost. I just wanted to show I'm not a jaded bastard who only faves fights they win. Plus it was a good fight. Rhyperior is supposedly low-tiered, but I generally don't have an easy time fighting him. Still, I do feel like I am getting better. It used to be I'd be lucky to win a single fight, but now I win one at least a third of the time.

Double post because Double Team.

Briefly fought some person who rage quit after I KO'd his Starmie. I'm not sure what he was doing, using Ice Beam on my Frost Rotom. Perhaps he thought I had a Grass-type that I was going to switch Rotom out to...though he would've known I didn't if he looked at my team before the match.

He started off with Scizor, I started with Metagross. Scizor used U-turn and switched to Gliscor. I used Earthquake, but Flying-types and all that. Toxic orb activated and he proceeded to use Earthquake. I used Meteor Mash. Switched out to Rotom and he used Earthquake. It used Toxic, Blizzard missed. He switched to Starmie, Blizzard hit. Starmie used Ice Beam, I used Blizzard thinking he was going to switch back to Gliscor, thinking I was going to use Thunderbolt or something. Ice Beam again, I used Thunderbolt. Starmie fainted, other trainer disconnected.

Was he trying to go for a 6-0 sweep or something? Didn't offer to battle me again, even though he was still online and battling other people :/

Double post because Double Team.

LOL! XD

Briefly fought some person who rage quit after I KO'd his Starmie. I'm not sure what he was doing, using Ice Beam on my Frost Rotom. Perhaps he thought I had a Grass-type that I was going to switch Rotom out to...though he would've known I didn't if he looked at my team before the match.

He started off with Scizor, I started with Metagross. Scizor used U-turn and switched to Gliscor. I used Earthquake, but Flying-types and all that. Toxic orb activated and he proceeded to use Earthquake. I used Meteor Mash. Switched out to Rotom and he used Earthquake. It used Toxic, Blizzard missed. He switched to Starmie, Blizzard hit. Starmie used Ice Beam, I used Blizzard thinking he was going to switch back to Gliscor, thinking I was going to use Thunderbolt or something. Ice Beam again, I used Thunderbolt. Starmie fainted, other trainer disconnected.

Was he trying to go for a 6-0 sweep or something? Didn't offer to battle me again, even though he was still online and battling other people :/

Well you not the only person that makes other trainers forfeit online. Alot of times I use my Eevee Evo's and my in-game(retired) team against trainers using legndary pokemon in they team. Many times i get the best of them in battle and then they want to disconnect or throw the match because they can't believe they are getting defeated by regular standerd pokemon.

But all i'm doing is using strategy and just because you have a Legendary Pokemon dosn't mean it has no weaknesses. =P

That's true about battles. Just because you got a legendary doesn't mean you're unbeatable. On another note, I remember doing an online battle once in Black2 and some guy from Japan rage quit because I easily defeated his Garchomp and Metagross. The reason why I don't like online battles at random is because I keep facing the same Pokemon over and over and over. Metagross/Garchomp/Gliscor/Rotom have gotten TOO common in random battles so that's why I don't even bother. 

That's true about battles. Just because you got a legendary doesn't mean you're unbeatable. On another note, I remember doing an online battle once in Black2 and some guy from Japan rage quit because I easily defeated his Garchomp and Metagross. The reason why I don't like online battles at random is because I keep facing the same Pokemon over and over and over. Metagross/Garchomp/Gliscor/Rotom have gotten TOO common in random battles so that's why I don't even bother. 

I'd do online battles, but no. Too much shit flying everywhere and I can't even keep a steady team.

Yeah I feel yall on that one but I keep battling online to learn more and get better at strategies. Just now I recently battled this guy:

Vs trainer X

VS2W-WWW-WWW5-W7LG

His Greninja used substitute when I had Umbreon using Confuse Ray and it didn't effect him. which makes me realize the move 'substitute' is actrully can be a barrier against sudden status problems moves. :goodmood:

I Had another double battle with "The Mighty" RicePigeon again. LOL! :=D: :

Vs. Rice:

7WEW-WWWW-WWW5-W7LN

It went down to the wire that time with both our last pokemons. I thought I had you on the Last bout but your Skamory did a crticle-hit on Umbreon and i thought he would survive that blow when i had Sylveon used reflect to bump his Defence up but I should have let Umbreon used Dark pulse to take a chance to flinch it.

but over-all it was an Awesome battle. :awesome