Your Top Five (5) Anime?

Werewood

Its more than 5 animes that are my favs so ill take it more so the oldies (back in the VHS days) the top 5.

1) DBZ (the days of the VHS subtitles & japanese)

2) Fist of the north star

3) Berserk

4) Jojos Bizarre adventure

5) Ninja Scroll (wind ninja chronicles)

KARAS would be up in there but i chose to have the old school names first

I really have to watched that School of The Dead anime. Need to see whether it more bloody/gruesome or more ecchi :=D:

Sham you like high-school horror and gore?  Have you tried playing the Obscure survival-horror video game?

6bNbvvp.jpg

tobdioa.jpg

@Legendary DeMoNk@I:

>> 1) DBZ (the days of the VHS subtitles & japanese)

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  More DBZ please~~~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anime

DBZ - My first Anime and manga to collect and obsess over

Naruto - fuck the haters, I love this shit since my wife introduced me too it

High School of the dead - I love the zombie genre and this is like if Robert Kirkman was a manga writer

Full Metal alchemist - brotherhood - Just a great story

Inuyasha - Tetsiaga was a awesome sword.

1.) Shingeki no Kyojin

- Does this need explanation?

2.) Akame ga Kiru

- This is just amazing. The story is great and it's really gory. So violent!

3.) Naruto Shipuuden

- This is basically ingrained in my brain from the younger years. Too much nostalgia to leave it out of the list.

4.) Fairy Tail

- A new favorite of mine. I started with the manga, but the Anime's not to bad either.

5.) Inuyasha

- I remember staying up late, waiting for Adult Swim to come so I could catch the new Inuyasha episode. Some more nostalgia, but also contains timeless characters.

I've watched others like Dangan Ronpa, but they don't really make the list.

My Top 5

1. Great Teacher Onizuka

I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. So many funny jokes. Onizuka's facial expressions are legendary. This anime is amazing, as it offers not only a hilarious story with interesting characters, but it also takes on some serious problems and handles them beautifully. Amazing anime. 

2. Steins;Gate

The plot is well written; the characters are unique and amazing; great character development; honestly, it's a very solid anime. The plot starts out slow and somewhat interesting but it goes insane half way through. The story is about time traveling, but don't worry, you will probably be able to understand most of it. I don't recall noticing any plot holes, which is rare in the time travel based story, so that was great too. The characters are probably what made this anime shine more than anything. 

3. Cowboy Bebop

I'll be honest in saying that some parts were boring, but the overall it was something really different. It probably made its own genre. The characters are ones that you can never forget. That ending was perfect. ;~;

4. Neon Genesis Evangelion

I had to watch it twice and ask Quickfist for help to understand it completely, but it was worth it. The story isn't what you expect it to be. It's no mecha anime, I'll tell you that for sure lol. I wish that it were better around the second half as the production company went bankrupt and unfortunately that affected the quality of the anime's story somewhat. The original ending was a terrible piece of shit which shouldn't exist, but the movie End of Evangelion gave it possibly one of the best endings I've ever seen. 

5. Mushishi

I actually started with the manga and eventually got to the anime. This series is unique; I've never seen anything like it before. Anyone who's into anime/manga should at least watch this once, I doubt that you will regret it. 

Honorable mentions: Psycho Pass, FLCL, Shiki, Darker Than Black, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Zankyou no Terror, and Mononoke. 

1: Cowboy bebop (bang) (good music)

2: Fooly cooly (short, wacky and sweet. cult fave, good music)

3: Angel Beats (action, mystery, and revelations, also good music)

4: Puella Magica Madoka (not your little sisters mahou shoujo series)

5: Digimon (season 1 and 1.5 only!)

Honorable mentions: the Gundam franchise. (they are all good but suffer the same problem as DBZ. would not watch again.

Q: no dbz?

A: my list consists of anime i feel are so great i'd sit down and watch them again from start to finish. Dbz and sailor moon were my first two anime, but i'd not watch them again. They were not bad.. but Sailor moon shows it age and i saw most DBZ sagas three times over when it ran on cartoon network, so point deductions all around!

Q: Sub or dubbed

A: Dubbed. I cant stand having to read and try to watch, but hey i watched puella madoca subbed so it's not a deal breaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen too many changes, but my top 5 stands as this so far:

1) Cowboy Bebop:

This one is going to be hard to topple, although Outlaw Star comes close. What else can be said other than great dubbing, addictive soundtrack, and casual-friendly?

2) FLCL:

Excel Saga came pretty close to taking its place, but FLCL holds a special place in my heart. This title and Cowboy Bebop both made more interested in the medium back in 2011. Got me into listening to The Pillows. Naota may be grating, but he's more bearable to me than Shinji.

3) Ghost in The Shell:Stand Alone Complex:

Before this series, my interest in GiTS only stretched as far as the 1995 film. But after I watched the 1st season, I considered this superior to the movie. Intelligent, but not as talkative as the film. The characters are also greatly improved and the dub is stellar.

4) Chobits:

GiTS:SAC pushed this down because I liked the direction it took on androids. Still, Chobits was a step in the right direction and I found it fairly decent after I finished rewatching it a few months ago. Fanservice comes on strong in the beginning, but compared to today's anime, this is tame. The dub stands fine on its own, but Crispin Freeman is the star of the show as Hideki. Steven Blum also voices a main character here.

5) Welcome to the N.H.K:

This series blasted both obsessive otaku and hikkimori to great effect. While some series have attempted to touch on the darker side of otaku or present a character with similar characteristics (looking you, Shinji), NHK succeeds by being more blatant about and not pulling any punches. Even MMORPG addiction is on the table here. Oh yeah, good dubbing and OST too.

Honorable Mentions:

Golden Boy and Ghost Stories (tied for best gag dub by ADV), BECK, Boogiepop Phantom, Serial Experiments Lain (I think I've already analyzed it enough.), Gunsmith Cats, Monster, and Hellsing Ultimate.

Potential Candidates:

Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho