Self Reputation

Ryon

Don't scrap the -1000 rep thing though. That's hilarious.

Untill you get -1000 rep yourself in which case I don't think it's that hilarious for you then. Then again, if you get it you probably more than deserve it anyway.

no. because every once in a while I do a recount, it will recount all there +1's that are fake and give them a postive number, since the negative number is manually added.

the only way to keep a good count is to remove all the posts.

I will admit I did it once by accident and only because I wasn't paying fucking attention at the time. I've been more careful since then. Thrillo's been doing it on purpose though.

yeah i just spoke to him about it, so i don't think it will keep happening anymore 

• 2 months later...

I think still doing this self rep thing

come to think how it become 311 from -1000 in less than 2 months

hes using another pc from another area to rep himself. is my guess he says its his "friend"

I thought the same(?) people were just repping him up, no matter how stupid the post.

I recounted all of the reputations.

this way the system knows exactly how many has, the issue with it is, if people have - rep that was added on manually, it can't find the count for it and counts what it has.

thus turning -800 to positive 300.

however, I still question your +rep Bakaman.

You do not deserve that rank, and you know it.

I recounted all of the reputations.

this way the system knows exactly how many has, the issue with it is, if people have - rep that was added on manually, it can't find the count for it and counts what it has.

thus turning -800 to positive 300.

Ryon, had you not mentioned something to me about removing the rep system  altogether in order to prevent any current and future abuse of it? Are you still intending to carry out that plan or has it been put on hold for the time being?

Is there at least a way to put in a "lock" in the rep system? Like let's say someone were to abuse it by +1 themselves. Suppose someone tried: If they try to click "+1" on their own post, have something like a mouse-cursor giving an "invalid" symbol, preventing someone to +1 themselves.

Just a random suggestion, but don't know if it'll help.

Ryon, had you not mentioned something to me about removing the rep system  altogether in order to prevent any current and future abuse of it? Are you still intending to carry out that plan or has it been put on hold for the time being?

I think removing it would be the better idea since nobody actually cares about it. It's just there because. The users who actually care about the so called "Reputation" are idiots since reputation is what people think of you. It's not some profile area which displays numbers which doesn't even matter.

That's just my opinion though.

Is there at least a way to put in a "lock" in the rep system? Like let's say someone were to abuse it by +1 themselves. Suppose someone tried: If they try to click "+1" on their own post, have something like a mouse-cursor giving an "invalid" symbol, preventing someone to +1 themselves.

Just a random suggestion, but don't know if it'll help.

If he could do that, he would have.