Self Reputation

Ryon

It has come to my attention that some users have +1 themselves. This is not technically in the rules but I will make it an official announcement now. PLEASE DO NOT +1 YOURSELF TO INCREASE YOUR KARMA/REPUTATION. If I find you are doing this, I will reduce your Reputation to -100, and if you have been doing it alot, -1000. If you find someone who has been +1ing there posts, please post up their names here.

ScourgeSplitter : 22 out of 39 reputation points he has are given to him by himself.

Mr. Sir : 15 out of 44 reputation points he has are given to him by himself.

StoneKeep : 2 out of 3 reputation points he has are given to him by himself . This may not be so grave, but it's better to take action (just a reminder of some sorts) early before more self-repping occurs.

Gamer251 : 4 out of 16 reputation points he has are given to him by himself. Again, not so grave, but it's better to take action (just a reminder of some sorts) early before more self-repping occurs.

peterpunkass : 11 out of 16 reputation points he has are given to him by himself.

Alice Fateburn : 11 out of 88 reputation points he has are given to him by himself.

Also, I saw that with some posts which show reputation has been given, if you click on it to see who has given it, it says "no reputation has been given for this post". What does this mean? Can you give reputation anonymously?

Unfortunately there is no way to block it one way with out completely disabling it. also part of me wants to completely remove all signatures from the forum as well, but that's another story.

+1 for everyone... :awesome

Pffff :idontknowwhatthisone:

Unfortunately there is no way to block it one way with out completely disabling it. also part of me wants to completely remove all signatures from the forum as well, but that's another story.

I would remove sigs tbh....

also part of me wants to completely remove all signatures from the forum as well, but that's another story.

Now why would you want to do that, if I may inform? I believe a great deal of people won't like that since a signature makes a user more unique. Heck, by looking at a signature you often already know to who it belongs even before you've read that member's name.

Feel free to either tell it or not. And if you want to let out why, either here (even if it's off-topic) or in some sort of announcement (via a new thread) will suffice, I think.

Also, Kashif has given 5 out of 6 rep points he has to himself.

Now why would you want to do that, if I may inform? I believe a great deal of people won't like that since a signature makes a user more unique. Heck, by looking at a signature you often already know to who it belongs even before you've read that member's name.

Feel free to either tell it or not. And if you want to let out why, either here (even if it's off-topic) or in some sort of announcement (via a new thread) will suffice, I think.

Also, Kashif has given 5 out of 6 rep points he has to himself.

If I had to guess, it's probably because people for whatever reason feel the need to have signatures that are literally desktop wallpapers and it's really annoying to look through multiple posts when there's a person with a Godzilla-sized signature. 

Isn't that why there are size restrictions in the first place?

yes but alot of people forget to read the rules. the forum itself is hard coded with the words "use any size signature" in the rules that I wrote for the entire site. I say 600x200.

Honestly, I would be a bit more liberal about signatures, leave specific dimensions out of it. It'll be kind of redundant to hit everybody who has 100 extra pixels on either width or length. It's obvious when someone has a signature too large.

Also signatures are a good way for people to advertise their stuff without there being a lot of different threads cluttering the forum pertaining to someone's mugen webpage and the possibility of people;s topics being pushed back off the first few pages and fading into obscurity.