POSSESED POKEMON TRAINER UPDATE!

DJ HANNIBALROYCE

POSSESSED POKEMON TRAINER

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFJU5th9OOc

This is a new character I'm working on. What do you guys think?

All custom sprites done by me...and i'll be doing the voice-acting as well!

Really excited about this!

Standing sprite is done. Now, I'm working on walking animation as we speak!

Pretty cool concept! especially since it originates from Honedge's pokedex entry, "The sash is known to suck out the life energy of anyone around whose arm it wraps.", although the eyes on the trainer are a bit iffy for me I dunno, not digging the honedge eyes, maybe make them dull?... and a question if you don't mind, since he's a dual wielder,  will he (oritnowlol) have fast attacks?

i agree on the trainer's eyes.....its too pixelated....i took the black around the edges off and made them blue to blend more...as far as HONEDGE's eyes...its actually dark like that. his attacks will be medium speed, but the real fast ones is the "Fury cutter" move. im actually spriting that now!

I recently read your status update in which you said you'd take a break from Heartless Ken for Pokemon had given thee a great idea.

I was thinking to myself : "Oh my, what could Royce possibly mean with that?". Next thing I know I see a topic called Possesed Pokemon Trainer and the rest is history =P

It's an interesting idea, don't be mistaken, but I really wonder how you're gonna pull this one off. How exactly did you even get this idea? Purely from that one Pokedex entry?

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

ok so the animation is off his arms look dislocated also if you want a smooth blowing effect on the sash add more frames to it and loop it back.

also i believe you said 8 attacks to go with the pokemon theme scrap that. give him as many as you need to make a full a char more moves is better than less imo. I have some ideas for attacks if you want some help btw. but first fix that stance motion

rock smash anyone? XD

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Perhaps you can add some sort of effect to the Rock Smash attack, as in when the Honedges come down and hit the ground, make shattered rocks flying away? Or when they hit the opponent with the downwards slash, some sort of bone-breaking sound, which illustrates the fact it really is a rock & bone breaking smash?

Just a suggestion, so don't let your artistic creativity be influenced all too much by this ;)

I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see the rest of his attacks! and PLEASE do not put effects on your sprites, leave them as seperate things.

im gonna leave them separate....the reason for slash effect being within the frame is to give the illusion of swords being swiped up, then down since 2 frames of pkmn trainer could only be done.

Perhaps you can add some sort of effect to the Rock Smash attack, as in when the Honedges come down and hit the ground, make shattered rocks flying away? Or when they hit the opponent with the downwards slash, some sort of bone-breaking sound, which illustrates the fact it really is a rock & bone breaking smash?

Just a suggestion, so don't let your artistic creativity be influenced all too much by this ;)

thats exactly what i was doing but i cant add effects on top of GIFs.