Skunk (SFA3's A-ISM Styled) from Skunk Fu

DarbyHearts

A little something I've been working on from some time ago. It's a long story (that I saved for the readme). So, come on down and grab him if you're interested. You clicked the page, so you must be, I s'pose.

UPDATED: Spin now combo-able and White Stripe is a successful launcher.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xoqij09ythmtc1/skunkUPDATE2.zip

Pic's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

*EDIT*

I should also probably mention: He doesn't have an AI. That may be rectified in the future once I figure out how that's done.

Oh, wow. I loved that cartoon. But why SFA3 style? I have no problem with it, but why?

Yeah, random choice, isn't it? Well, I... really didn't have an original system in mind. That, and I wanted to do a little more than just a straight port from the source game. SO, "why not make him fit in with the majority of my roster,?" I thought.

UPDATE POST: Added the proper version of Skunk with the divekick as seen in the Gen screenshot. So, do download the most recent version if you already got 'im. AI's still not there yet. :(

EDIT (God, I'm pretty bad about remembering semi-important stuff ^_^u): Divekick's not mentioned in the move list. It's QCB+K in the air. Can't be done when jumping backwards.

While I know nothing about Skunk-Fu, I'm normally interested in cartoon characters not made by Wlan and his friends. I guess I could try it out.

Edit: Actually, the character is quite decent. And also really fricken adorable! :3

Posted Image

Thanks a bunch, dude! And he totally is! That's, like, the main reason I wanted to make 'im in the first place.

DLing!

I also watched the cartoon back then. A few eps. Hope for a Rabbit char.

I actually do want to make Rabbit, but I'm probably finna wait until I make up an original system. And if the new system does happen, I'd have to rig Skunk to it, too, which shouldn't be that big a deal. :)

I will say one thing, I'd like to see a little more comboing abilities in the character. Also, a forward and back dash would be cool to see. :)

Yeah, combos are pretty limited in SFA3 afaik, but all of what you said might come when the framework for a different system's down. I did want to up the pace a bit with him, which is also why I initially wanted to go the 3S route. I also don't wanna go as far as chain-combo normals because I didn't want the specials to become obsolete and I wasn't big on chains in the first place, save for the likes of Vampire Savior. I know, I may be a little too vanilla. I'll think of something, though.

Well, most characters who have combos can use their special moves in a combo, whether beginning or even starting with them. Like a move could eventually combo into his spinning tail, and his upper tail slash could send an opponent into the air where Skunk can use his upper-cut attack.

Still, to be safe, I'd wait for more suggestions. I'm not the biggest expert on MUGEN coding.

Well, most characters who have combos can use their special moves in a combo, whether beginning or even starting with them. Like a move could eventually combo into his spinning tail, and his upper tail slash could send an opponent into the air where Skunk can use his upper-cut attack.

Still, to be safe, I'd wait for more suggestions. I'm not the biggest expert on MUGEN coding.

Well, at one point, White Stripe was a launcher, but I didn't wanna have two at once, since I thought the headbutt did pretty well. I could bring it back to that. As for the spin, it would combo, but I think I made the startup too slow, so that's on me. I might get around to fixing that one.

Mkay, the spin's been fixed.

Dude, the sprites are smooth. Did you made them from scratch, or come from a certain game?

A good lot were ripped from a flash game, but I frankensprited a bunch of them, like backwards walking, several normals and the intros, designated mouth parts for lip-synced quotes, and replicated necessary parts from episode screenshots like missing mouth poses and some extra goodies like the crossed legs and the crossed arms. Also, I forgot to anti-alias the closed mouth smiles and scowls, so they may appear a bit jagged, but fuck it, even I can hardly tell when he's in motion.