Venom MvC 2 by Kong - updated - 1.2

GSV84

Venom MvC 2 - by Kong

updated by GSV84

kgbi6vpp.gif

A small but nice graphical update for the best Venom available for Mugen.

EDIT: Updated again to 1.2 (resized Hyper Attack BG)

New Portrait:

fzxp9uok.png

New Icon:

peawqm7k.png

Some new Palettes (like the black and the dark-blue palette), other palettes modified/updated:

eekqb48n.png

New Hyper Attack Portrait:

pfcx575z.png

New Hyper Attack Background:

xz7t8r7u.gif

Download: Mediafire   (1.2)

Thanks to Kong for the original Venom!

Edited by GSV84

This is nice, but your missing something important..

the download link?

Fixed!

I hit the "Post New Topic" button instead the "Preview Post" button. Sorry for that.

It's been a while since I've played with one of Kong's characters, but knowing the one's I've played, I highly doubt this. His characters are usually very broken.

I downloaded every version of Venom i could find, the one from Infinity Mugen Team was the best. Nice animations, taunt, 3 Hypers, decent AI (but that's just my opinion). I just didn't liked the Portraits and Palettes.

XCB's? I don't know this version and can't find it here, here or here. Could you please give me the link?

Understandable, it's pretty old:http://randomselect.piiym.net/hosted/characters/elivenom.zip

Also even though it's Kong's Venom, nice job on the visual updates. +1rep.

Edit:For some reason the char doesn't load on either Winmugen or Mugen 1.0 for me.

Understandable, it's pretty old:http://randomselect.piiym.net/hosted/characters/elivenom.zip

Also even though it's Kong's Venom, nice job on the visual updates. +1rep.

Thank you very much. I'm still not shure what "XCB" means, because I already know this version as made by Big Eli King. And yes, I still think the one from Infinity Mugen Team is better. I don't like the AI and the voice of the commentator from Big Eli King's version, it also just have 2 Hypers. It is just my personal opinion, please don't blame me for this.

If you don't like Kongs Version, it's ok. I just want to share my update, for the case someone also like Kong's version, or like to try this Venom.

Thank you very much. I'm still not shure what "XCB" means, because I already know this version as made by Big Eli King.

And yes, I still think the one from Infinity Mugen Team is better. I don't like the AI and the voice of the commentator from Big Eli King's version, it also just have 2 Hypers. It is just my personal opinion, please don't blame me for this.

If you don't like Kongs Version, it's ok. I just want to share my update, for the case someone also like Kong's version, or like to try this Venom.

XCB is just another one of Big Eli King's aliases . Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you sharing your work with everyone.

Anyhow I'm getting this when I try to load him up:

Posted Image

Thanks for the feedback. I double checked the .def file in the Download, no erros in the palette section, "Can't open new Venom 5.act" should not happen. The name for palette No. 5 is "EDIT new Venom 5.act"  and not "new Venom 5.act". Did you unintentionally changed somethin in the .def file?

Thanks for the feedback. I double checked the .def file in the Download, no erros in the palette section, "Can't open new Venom 5.act" should not happen. The name for palette No. 5 is "EDIT new Venom 5.act"  and not "new Venom 5.act". Did you unintentionally changed somethin in the .def file?

I messed around with the pal filenames and paths in the char def file in the mugen 1.0 to make sure there was no issue with the filename, but that wasn't the problem.

Edit: Redownloaded the file and it gave me no errors, guess something went wrong when i originally downloaded the char.

wow,someone actually likes Kongs Venom.

Well,i guess there are all kinds of people.

So...uhh..Just a graphical update?You didnt fix that god awful gameplay?

Venom MvC 2 - by Kong  updated by GSV84

I'm sorry, but I am not a coder. In the last 5 years I only creating sprites (for example: I made almost half of the custom Lifebars available for the Alpha Storm Screenpack by Glassbox in the Mugen Infantry Forum). But never had the passion to learn how to program a character.

Venom MvC 2 - by Kong  updated by GSV84

Posted Image

my reaction  :areyoukidding:  you got to be kidding me!

seriously lemme guess of this damn ai  reason right?! if that :tableflip:

just a visual still crappy gameplay (meh its easy to edit those for beginners even me can do that) it just a minimal edit so nothing special on this one

well i just said my opinion here :awesome

my reaction  :areyoukidding:  you got to be kidding me!

seriously lemme guess of this damn ai  reason right?! if that :tableflip:

just a visual still crappy gameplay (meh its easy to edit those for beginners even me can do that) it just a minimal edit so nothing special on this one

well i just said my opinion here :awesome

Really man? He's already explained why he feels it's the best one in Mugen currently. I don't see why you had to put him down for work he decided to share with everyone.