Reimu Hakurei (Pseudo-Rumble Fish styled) - Public beta

Zzyzzyxx

Seeing that

* I didn't make noticeable improvements after I published the private beta in MFG

* I paused my work on her in favor of a new project

* her gameplay was excellent since the last beta

, I felt that I didn't have any reason for keeping my current version as private.

Hence here it is, my 4th character. A project of a pseudo-The-Rumble-Fish Reimu.

Posted Image

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wt0ut5ti9p9lkuy/reimu_z_beta.zip

A video of her gameplay, made by my friend Muirtower:

Her gameplay is inspired from The Rumble Fish series of fighting games, a game I knew you never played and you should be ashamed of it and fix this mistake as soon as possible. The game is this good.

Still, she doesn't feel 100% like a The Rumble Fish character because I made her gameplay much more loose less stiff than the source game, to give her appeal to more casual gamers, and to the ones who don't know The Rumble Fish.

She is 40% complete, missing some supermoves, mechanics and special effects but she has all the required tools to defeat medium and hard AIs.

Have fun. Comments are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

I in the near future will try to mugenize Greed and Beatrice from The Rumble Fish 2 (one of my MUGEN1.0 experiments)

Good luck with it.

so I would like to ask you for permission to let me use yours as a base please?

Go ahead.

There's a thing that I always forget to mention in the readme of my chars.

I tend to make dragon-punch-like moves not only performable by Posted Image + attack, but by Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image + attack, SFIV-styled as well. It's much more useful than it sounds.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump. With lots of news.

After I finished Inma I decided to go back to this project.

I added many improvements in codes since the last version.

New download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qpuxnf13m92b5g1/reimu_z_beta_07012015.rar

* Critical bugfix: Not from my codes, but from Mugen 1.1 itself.

Mugen 1.1 has a bug in that the "getpower" line in hitdefs doesn't work at all for helpers (the line "givepower" line works fine, surprisingly). Hence I added the "Poweradd" sctrl to her projectiles to make them give her power as intended.

* I'm modifying her movement speeds. Air dash is slower and feels more floaty, but it's still fundamental to her offensive game.

* Basic attacks had properties tweaked. They cause less blockstun and hitstun, but, at the same time, they feel much more solid than before.

* Fixed many bugs involving behavior of projectiles. The work on them is far from finished, though.

* Crouching LP and Crouching LK can be rapid-fire'd now.

* Decreased the size of many of her hurtboxes. This is because I added to ALL attacks the ability of hitting a downed opponent.

* I adjusted the code that involves hitting a downed opponent, so that her attacks behave more like The Rumble Fish series. In short, you can't combo a downed opponent anymore like in previous versions. Now you can only add one single to hit to her combos.

* Added Impact Blow technique from The Rumble Fish 2. Hit the dodge button (in Mugen, Z button) immediately when Ascension Kick hits an opponent, and it will disable the opponent's ability to use air recovery moves, making you free to hit him with your best combos safely.

* Timing for chain combos is more strict now. The previous timing windows were so large that she felt extremely loose, which is the exact opposite of TRF gameplay.

* Commands for performing QCFQCF + button moves and buffer time for specials and supers are also more strict now. Again, they were too loose.

The work is far from finished, but I really hope that she feels more Rumble-Fish-y now.

She still needs:

- a Defensive Art
- a Critical Art
- aerial Jolt Attack
- a Boost Dive. I really have no idea of which moves I should use for these 3 techniques. I'm seriously considering working on her AI after I make the tweaks in her damage and getpower values.

Comments about her (damage, mobility, gameplay, accuracy, lack of accuracy etc.) are extremely welcome.