Fighting Game Tips!

LansingWolverine

DEM SIMBOLS! :awesome   Someone teach me how to use Geese's Deadly Rave? Raging storm is no problem for me but i just can learn the damn shit.

Its all in the timing. Try to input the next attack as the previous one connects. Rock's is slightly easier for some reason. His timing is a little more lienant. But imo Rock was designed to be easier alternative to for those who liked Geese's style but couldn't handle his command set.

Its all in the timing. Try to input the next attack as the previous one connects. Rock's is slightly easier for some reason. His timing is a little more lienant. But imo Rock was designed to be easier alternative to for those who liked Geese's style but couldn't handle his command set.

More along the lines of Garou:MotW (Rock's appearing game) and Fatal Fury (Geese's appearence) had different mechanics. So the lieutenancy of the timing is different.

This could be due to Rock's Deadly rave using different buttons (hence easier flow) vs Butt's Rushdown Super, in which you mash on HP like a goddamn maniac (hence you have to press the button extremely fast, or you do maximum damage)

Both are not too hard

B.Janet's 3 super however IS, due to it being a counter. After a Just Defend, press a sequence of buttons just right to cause a very good super. A move only experts could perform

More along the lines of Garou:MotW (Rock's appearing game) and Fatal Fury (Geese's appearence) had different mechanics. So the lieutenancy of the timing is different. This could be due to Rock's Deadly rave using different buttons (hence easier flow) vs Butt's Rushdown Super, in which you mash on HP like a goddamn maniac (hence you have to press the button extremely fast, or you do maximum damage) Both are not too hard B.Janet's 3 super however IS, due to it being a counter. After a Just Defend, press a sequence of buttons just right to cause a very good super. A move only experts could perform

True. Different games mean different mechanics, but when you consider CVS, the same gameplay applies. Rock is easier to use, but geese is noticeably stronger. However you're 100% right about Marco. Kinda reminds me of another favorite of mine, Yamazaki. At least with him you could push multiple buttons. Except on Wild Ambition...

True. Different games mean different mechanics, but when you consider CVS, the same gameplay applies. Rock is easier to use, but geese is noticeably stronger.

Just realized I went on a bit of a rant here, so I'll just spoiler most of it :derpface:

Indeed, but it's possible that they just left that alone so players familar with Geese and Rock alike wouldn't get confused and through too big of a hissy fit. And Geese being a harder hitter than Rock could be explained by two things: Geese is more skilled, but also older, therefore he's slower, he focuses on more concentrated and stronger blows. Rock on the other hand is just doing what's natural so his hits are easier to pull, due to him being more flexible and faster.

You can see the difference because Geese's Deadly Rave uses more of his fists with more traditional movements which ends with one, focused blast skillfully done. Rock's is more free-form and versatile, ending with a heavy blast of energy that actually burns him.

Gameplay wise for the CVS games, all characters are basically redone in Capcom's 6-button layout, but all of them still have their movesets and some mechaniacs from their home games left in, most likely to invite anyone who's played any Capcom or SNK games to play from the get-go. (EX: Hibiki's Speed combo, Kyo's NEST moveset, Kyosuke's layout).

In short...

We can easily say that differences for Geese and Rock are either or a combination of body types, or how they played in their home games

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A classic and modern one:  SF Blanka roll thrust attack.  A light punch/jab can make him suffer.

Fireball spams usually work against most fighters, provided that you use a fireball-using fighter.

@LansingWolverine,

Ken has a roll evade move in SSFIVAE!?  You meant his back throw Hell Wheel right?  And, I have to admit that SSFIVAE Ken's target combo is one of the best.

@Ryon the big boss:

Now I fear you more in real fighting game matches!  Posted Image

@LansingWolverine,

Ken has a roll evade move in SSFIVAE!?  You meant his back throw Hell Wheel right?  And, I have to admit that SSFIVAE Ken's target combo is one of the best.

I don't think he has an roll...I think? Yeah, I mean the Hades Wheel. (Posted Image+Posted ImagePosted Image)(I always call it the Heck Wheel or Hades Wheel to throw people off). And, yeah, Ken's target combo is pretty good. 

I always use Ken in SSFIVAE, but well, characters like him are easy to use but can seriously kick everyone to the curb!... if used right... 

BTW, now I have Street FIghter X Tekken for PS3 and PS Vita! So ask away, because I'm really good at it now! 

First time playing Arcade on Medium, I beat the game with 1 round loss! (no continues)

I feel yah. Its cool to get used to a game first.

I'm glad someone understands me!

Oh, and for anyone wanting to be good as Ken in SSF4, remember this tricky meter less combo!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image+Posted Image(Posted Image for more damage and stun) That deadly combo does about 500 stun!

And if you add a Hades Throw at the end, the combo does 50% for characters of normal health and around 600 stun!

BEWARE KEN PLAYERS!