Fighting Game Tips!

LansingWolverine

Hey everybody! :D Although I'd prefer to show my tips through videos, I like telling people through many ways how to play certain characters in fighting games, mainly Street Fighter, Tekken, and King if Fighters (or any other SNK fighting games), Darkstalkers, etc. So if you have any characters you want to learn to play as with ease, or you have a tip you want to share or anything like that, reply! P.S. If this is in the wrong section, please tell me, and can an admin move it? Thank you.

Geese

Oh, I knew someone would say that! LightFlare knows what he's talking about! Also, an easy way to perform the Raging Storm is HCF, HCB, HCF + 1/2 Punches. Use the Shield or False Technique with Geese. Also, which game did you mean?

Alright, Mewtwo

Nice to talk to ya, Astral! I don't own SSBM, but I know a couple things abut him. He's good with quick combos, I think... The Shadow Ball is your friend! Ryon's combo is a good combo, too. Always keep your opponents close, but not too close! Offense is your goal! I would do the Brass Knuckle Technique with him!

Cody (Super Street Fighter IV)

Ah. Cody. And from SSFIV! Thanks for putting the game of choice down, too! He's a good character in the right Hans! I recommend using him as a character for all kinds of combos! His Rock Throw is a good way to make your opponents give some distance! Criminal Kick and Criminal Upper are awesome moves, too! Use the Shield Technique with him!

@Lance You know I actually used to do that way back in the day. Someone else who I loved to use but his super move was straight ridiculous to pull of. Duck King. His ground super was hard enough, but I literly never pulled of his air super in a real match until mugen. But I gotta say my all time favorite character with a not so friendly command list is Zangief Mastering the dragon punch as good, but mastering he 360° motion was the best! Nothing Satisfies me more than fooling/forcing my enemy to block only to grab them and drive them violently into the ground...head first. When I'm not setting up poke traps, I usually just read roll or jump in and grab. What's your strategy?

@Lance You know I actually used to do that way back in the day. Someone else who I loved to use but his super move was straight ridiculous to pull of. Duck King. His ground super was hard enough, but I literly never pulled of his air super in a real match until mugen. But I gotta say my all time favorite character with a not so friendly command list is Zangief Mastering the dragon punch as good, but mastering he 360° motion was the best! Nothing Satisfies me more than fooling/forcing my enemy to block only to grab them and drive them violently into the ground...head first. When I'm not setting up poke traps, I usually just read roll or jump in and grab. What's your strategy?

*applause* Yeah, Duck King's desperation is hard to do, but I think you can't do my version of how to do the raging storm to preform it. I think it's similar, but whatever. I always forget...

SvC Chaos plz.

Cool. I'm going to have to remember how to use him more efficient in SNK vs Capcom Chaos. I'll edit this later when I remember!

I think you right. But he has that ackward F,UF,U at the end. Its actually kinda like the 360° motion.

I finally had a chance to look it up.

It's um... interesting...

HCF, UF, D, B+C (Light Kick and Strong Punch) while being close to your opponent...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image+ Posted Image+Posted Image

why are all of Geese's cool attacks all 360s

None of his moves are 360s, but are half-circles, heaven knows why. :

Like LightFlare said, it's just half circles and angles, and it's just harder... ish...

Hmmm.......another character I'll need some tips on: Asuka Kazama (Street Fighter X Tekken.)

Asuka, eh? Well, um... She's tricky...

With lots of unique attacks, a rekka-like move, and with a half-circle GA-LORE! moveset. She is considered a tricky character to use.

Her super charge special is performed by Posted Image + Posted Image, so you'll want to remember that, although the actual attack isn't anything spectacular. Her throws are ok, but your opponent can dash once and will be in your face, so it's a dangerous throw, unless you're planning something. Like most characters, if you do a Launcher and Asuka is the one running in, you can chain Posted Image to Posted Image or Posted Image, and Posted Image to Posted Image, or Posted Image. You can also chain other button combos like punches and kicks. (But I recommend doing Posted Image +  Posted Imagebecause it's easier and does more damage than the chain combos mentioned above.) Asuka's launcher isn't really different from anyone else, she steps forward a little, but Lili's is better. Pair-up-wise, she really good with Lili. Although they have lower health, they balance each other out for a good team. For combos though, don't rely on Asuka, she's sort of slow, heck, she's slower than Ryu! She's a good character if you know how to use her, but she's definitely not for beginners. Be careful with her. I'm still not sure which strategy you should use as her. 

I finally had a chance to look it up.

It's um... interesting...

HCF, UF, D, B+C (Light Kick and Strong Punch) while being close to your opponent...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image+ Posted Image+Posted Image

None of his moves are 360s, but are half-circles, heaven knows why. :

Like LightFlare said, it's just half circles and angles, and it's just harder... ish...

SFxT... I need to get Street Fighter x Tekken anyways... I'll update this once I get it. ^_^;

Most characters play like MvC2 and SF4 in SFxT

Cody (Super Street Fighter IV)

I can drop some tips on Cody.

Now while all of Cody Crim Up are good attack both the Mp and Hp versions are un safe on block meaning if you just throw them out you will get punished for it. Lp can also be punished but only by fast normals with good range. Oh almost forgot Ex. Crim Up you can not be thrownso keep that in mind on wake ups.

Zonk Knuckle or Bingo Now I love this move and also hate it because one it's not safe however it goes threw fireballs if timed right and the Ex version if you fadc it can keep the combo going Ex Bingo > fadc dash forward > Forward HK > Ex Crim up or MK Crack kick (if you don't have the meter) there is a rumor that the normal version of bingo can be fadc but that hasn't been proved yet I'll let you know after the location test they are having in a few weeks.

Now Bad rock is a tool you don't want to spam all the time because it has a slow start up however if you mix in the fake bad rock throw you can give people slipping by forcing them to do a move that you can punish.

Next your counter set ups Cody has some of the highest damage and stun out put in the game off a counter hit. a good counter hit set up would be Forward + Mp > crouch lp > wait or go right into crouch hp (also to note if they get hit when they are crouch it puts them in a standing state) . Note if you hit with a counter hit you get an extra frame to put in an command, and Cody can land Ult 2 off any counter hit even from a lp.

Know you're Anti- air attacks Cody Back Mp is one of the best in the game as an AA attack, Crouch Hp works too however if they space there jump right they can go over it.

Last thing I say work on his Plinking it helps make Cody links easier.

I'll post some video I've watched that can help your Cody game in a bit.

I've played Cody on and off since Super came out and I'm back to him again since the update to Ultra was revaled. hope this helps