SCP-096 - "The Shy Guy" WIP

Flowering Knight

Posted Image

After finishing SCP-173, I chose to take a little break in creating characters.  I chose to make a small list of characters to create, and out of all of them, I chose SCP-096.

As you can see, the sprites are put together using Pivot, and I WILL modify them in order to add things such as shading.  Like 173, he'll be another boss character, but much, MUCH more difficult, almost an SNK boss, if not one.  If you've read his page on the official SCP Foundation website, then be prepared, as he's going to be as powerful as he is described. (While being nerfed, of course, if he was 100% source accurate the opponent would die in a second.)

He'll have high defense, will be very fast, and do quite a bit of damage, with hyper armor to top it all off.  In order to make it SOMEWHAT balanced, he won't be able to move for a while after attacking, much like 173.  (Although it won't make a difference concerning his speed.)

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

Currently worked on him a bit more.  As of now, he:

-Has better outline palettes

-Does 250 damage per hit, although he has to "cool down" before moving again

-Has sounds from Containment Breach

-Has 2500 life (It was originally 6000, but was changed for obvious reasons)

I'll probably upload a test video soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's 096 in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3atu-ILis

Obviously missing a couple things, but I'd say he's somewhere around Alpha status.  By the time I've posted this, his life has been nerfed to 2000 make it a bit fair. (Although I can bring it back to 2500 to make it feel more like the real 096)

Feedback welcome.

I suggest when you are testing your WIP, you may want to turn on the MUGEN debug mode, as it allows to see any MUGEN-reported bugs that need your attention.  Like, it can show that the Guy does not have all the required get-hit sprites, which ones to be indicated in the debug messages.

About the "with hyper armor to top it all off", I think you might add some character body blinking effect when the Guy is getting hit.  This is kind of a common practice for characters that has some armor and has no get-hit animation.

Oh by the way, you do your own voice acting for the Guy or else?

I suggest when you are testing your WIP, you may want to turn on the MUGEN debug mode, as it allows to see any MUGEN-reported bugs that need your attention.  Like, it can show that the Guy does not have all the required get-hit sprites, which ones to be indicated in the debug messages.

Sounds like a good idea.

About the "with hyper armor to top it all off", I think you might add some character body blinking effect when the Guy is getting hit.  This is kind of a common practice for characters that has some armor and has no get-hit animation.

I was going to stick with none since I had none for 173, but after thinking about it, it seems like a pretty good idea.

Oh by the way, you do your own voice acting for the Guy or else?

I used the sounds from SCP: Containment Breach.

• 4 weeks later...

This doesn't look bad at all.

Yet I can't shake of the thought that he looks like a shy, naked Slenderman :troll:

Will you be doing other SCP's in the future or is that too early to ask? If you do, I want to see SCP-1356. :=D:

lol he does look like a naked slenderman

Yeah, I'll probably do more.  Been thinking about making 106, but I still haven't finished 096, and I'll probably take a small break when I finish him.

You gotta add the leap on him, he has that in the new scp update where he leaps on you then tears you apart.

He's overpowered as is.  Don't want to make him too cheap, or I'll get an asston of backlash from the guys at MFG (because I know this will appear there)

Also, I released a beta for feedback:

• 2 years later...
On 8/22/2016 at 8:23 AM, Dark Chaos said:

What about a SCP-939?

Why did you bump an old topic like this? You shouldn't bump topics that hasn't been responded to over a month, let alone 3 years.