Project Catch 'Em All

Ryon

Still, pretty fun game. But... I'd like some more help with making characters. Where do the sprites come from, cause I looked in their defs and their sprite-files are empty.

They'd be using sffv2 then. I think only FF3 can view these sprite files properly.

Skarmory is overrated? Since when?

Gotta try this thing out!

Alright, let's see. -Electrode seems really underpowered. It doesn't seem to have anything that can potentially beat the other monsters. Blastoise has power and Protect, Sandslash has some strong attacks and Dig, Quiliva has quick attacks that can cancel out other attacks, but aren't that strong themself, Scyther has some fast attacks and ways to make itself even faster, and... -Skarmory (The ugly overrated metal bird) seems really OVERpowered, as it can just spam Fly over and over. Yeah, there's always a way to counter it like Quick Attack or Protect, but little ways of attacking a Fly-spamming Skarmory. To make matters worse, Skarmory's defense is ridiculously high, and Air Slash can often remove power points. Skarmory is almost impossible to kill, and seriously needs to be nerfed. -I also notice Blastoise' Hydro Pump can sometimes freeze an opponent, keeping them from doing anything. I've only seen this once though. -The continue screens have purple in them. Aren't alligned properly or the screens aren't big enough. Still, pretty fun game. But... I'd like some more help with making characters. Where do the sprites come from, cause I looked in their defs and their sprite-files are empty.

Is this feedback or are you just stating what you saw? All pokemon stats are based on there lv100 Best stats. Mugen does the math, but everything is calculated accurately. All moves do there damage as well, things like hyper beam and hydro pump, do the proper damage, even though its multiple hits, the total is the damage value from pokemon. The purple is because the stages are not coded normally. The lifebars are overlayers. So you never see the floor properly. so when making a stage I ususally have to find something to expand and cover it. the purple is me not covering it.

They'd be using sffv2 then. I think only FF3 can view these sprite files properly. Skarmory is overrated? Since when?   Gotta try this thing out!

Exactly! Give or take I wanna make a Fearow but still.

That was feedback.   So... I need to download FF3 in order to make characters?

Thanks for the feedback. Ryon was asking because I think it seems a bit "angry" reading it. Yes, it's far superior to whatever you were using before as well. The workflow is similar and better. You'll not want to switch back after you get the hang of it. :)

Also, if you need any information on any Pokemon... feel free to contact me. I've been playing the series since the age of 5. That, or refer to Serebii.net the site is VERY useful.

I would be making your squirtle from our template not your character. to much work to use yours. we do use Serebii.net for all info.

Entei, Lugia and Ho-oh better be Bosses in the next update along with Rayquaza

Lugia yes. the others were thinking.

I kind of want to make Meowth for the game. I got my ideas planned out.

Fake Out: A move that works almost instantly and can reduce the opponents power to zero. HOWEVER it can only be used on the first turn.

Faint Attack: A teleporting move where Meowth jumps up, vanishes, comes down on the opponent, then goes back. It's weak but difficult to counter if the user has good timing.

Pay Day: Meowth's only projectile attack. Meowth throws three coins out at the opponent. A good source of damage, but not terribly high in priorities.

Night Slash: Meowth slides back then charges forward with his claws. His strongest attack, but also his easiest to counter.

Basically what I have in mind is a character who uses speed over power. But Fake Out kind of has me wondering. How do I set counters so I can ONLY use Fake Out on the first turn?

But I also want the use of other moves first thing to cancel the ability to use Fake-Out.

Canceling moves into other moves, is not something we plan to do. Infact you rally can not attack again until your pokemon returns to there position from there previous attack.

i looked at the screens and i was so happy you made my favorite pokemon as one of the first characters. i cant wait to play this and whoop all of the other pokemon with sandslash. thanks.

Exactly why I made him. I feel we should give some other pokemon the spotlight. I can't put Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur as the first set. Next characters from me are Beedrill Rhyhorn

I must say this is one of the greatest and most innovative MUGEN full games ever!  Pokemon MUGEN fans are very lucky!

Also, the MUGEN technology applied to this awesome MUGEN full game is so comprehensive that it can be used for a MUGEN school course material!

Canceling moves into other moves, is not something we plan to do. Infact you rally can not attack again until your pokemon returns to there position from there previous attack.

No, I mean unless you use Fake-Out on your first turn, you cannot use it at all. Would it be possible to have his other attacks trigger a variable that makes sure that Fake-Out can only be used on the first turn?

(Okay, I'm kind of trying to be accurate to the games, cause in the game Fake-Out can only be used on a creature's first turn.)

I kind of want to make Meowth for the game. I got my ideas planned out.

Fake Out: A move that works almost instantly and can reduce the opponents power to zero. HOWEVER it can only be used on the first turn.

Faint Attack: A teleporting move where Meowth jumps up, vanishes, comes down on the opponent, then goes back. It's weak but difficult to counter if the user has good timing.

Pay Day: Meowth's only projectile attack. Meowth throws three coins out at the opponent. A good source of damage, but not terribly high in priorities.

Night Slash: Meowth slides back then charges forward with his claws. His strongest attack, but also his easiest to counter.

Basically what I have in mind is a character who uses speed over power. But Fake Out kind of has me wondering. How do I set counters so I can ONLY use Fake Out on the first turn?

Excellent. I'm glad you want to contribute. Everything you want to do is possible. Later today, I'm going to write up some documentation on the system for those like yourself. It will contain a list of variables, their uses, which ones to stay away from, etc.

you would use a variable to check it if its used. 0 means not used >0 means used.

Kind of common sense, man. :P

Canceling moves into other moves, is not something we plan to do. Infact you rally can not attack again until your pokemon returns to there position from there previous attack. Exactly why I made him. I feel we should give some other pokemon the spotlight. I can't put Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur as the first set. Next characters from me are Beedrill Rhyhorn

He didn't say canceling moves. He wants to basically disable Fake Out, after it's used and only allow it to be used on the first turn. I might have to add a tracking variable for you to make this happen, but that's not a big deal. I'll post the new common1.cns after it's done.

I must say this is one of the greatest and most innovative MUGEN full games ever!  Pokemon MUGEN fans are very lucky!

Also, the MUGEN technology applied to this awesome MUGEN full game is so comprehensive that it can be used for a MUGEN school course material!

Thank you. That means a lot to both of us (not that I'm speaking for Ryon, but I'm sure he feels the same way. :P) Awesome. Even better if someone can learn from it. Too bad I'm horrible at teaching, XD.

No, I mean unless you use Fake-Out on your first turn, you cannot use it at all. Would it be possible to have his other attacks trigger a variable that makes sure that Fake-Out can only be used on the first turn?

(Okay, I'm kind of trying to be accurate to the games, cause in the game Fake-Out can only be used on a creature's first turn.)

I understand what you mean. No worries. You'll be able to do what you want. There will be restrictions, but it's mostly staying away from system variables (not sysvar, but variables that I've designated for system use only.)

I've been playing it a bit more, and Sandslash seems pretty overpowered as well. Honestly between him and Skarmory, I don't know who's worse. Sandslash seems to be the only one I can EASILY beat Skarmory with (Ironic given his typing). Blastoise, Quiliva and Scyther can beat Skarmory and Sandslash, but not easily. Electrode... seriously needs to be buffed. Also, Mewtwo is not that unbeatable. He doesn't have the best counter/evasion moves, and his main source of power  is Psychic. Playing as Sandslash, I had very little problem out-countering him.