ALADDIN UPDATED! NEW VIDEO ADDED!

DJ HANNIBALROYCE

ALADDIN UPDATED!

DJ HANNIBALROYCE

Available for Download!

*NOTE* for MUGEN 1.0 (reports of Winmugen crashing)

CLICK HERE

NOTE: This is the UPDATED VERSION! Check MOVESET for details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv53J3OZGKk

New move added!

2 New Hypers!

More Intros!

More Win Quotes!

Previous commands switched for better gameplay!

All system versions included!

Hey guys! I'm proud to introduce to you, my latest creation, Aladdin (SNES version)!!! Aladdin's play-style is all about range & traps. Though he is projectile-heavy, this doesn't mean he can't open a can of whoop-ass head-on! He also has a very special hyper move call #RANDOMHYPERSPECIAL, which randomly chooses Genie's many special abilities. PLEASEEEEEEE read the moveset or you will be lost.

Feedback is appreciated in a respected manner....Enjoy! :) I will be updating this character OD this week so lemme know what ya think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

again, PLEASE READ the moveset before playing Aladdin.

Looks like a funny character I'll give some feedback later when I get the chance I have a small nitpick though why did you use the snes sprites the ones from the genesis are less pixelated and have smoother animation to boot if want Hannibal here is the links to the Aladdin and Abu sheets,

http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/15383/

http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/alladin/sheet/15384/

Now its your character and you are free to give him whatever sprites you want but I highly recommend using the genesis sprites should you ever decide to update him.

i chose the SNES version on purpose because it was the popular version out of the two. as for the pixelation...that adds the SNES feel to me. i know i couldve used the genesis version for smoother graphics but my loyalty rest with nintendo and im updating him in that version only. i hope u enjoy the character wen u download it. its loads of fun. XD.

Ok I just finished playtesting him he is pretty fun to play with however I did notice a few hiccups though

-Apple toss pushes Aladdin back bit too much, also maybe make an EX version at the costs more super bar that can stun like in the Snes game.

-the super/hyper move Aladdin has is a bit too weak on all the attacking versions I say up the damage to maybe the 180-200 range, also some of the hypers have debug errors.

-Aladdin sinks into the ground on some of his moves most notably his crouching attacks.

- needs a second color at least

overall while he needs some work done yet his is a fun worthwhile character to play with I love your sense of humor too. have you ever thought put this in Snes style in a future update?  (jump to 0:06)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN6U27S1Qh8

thats for the feedback guys...the apple thing was very annoying..im gonna fix that....i toned done the hypers because his regular moves were so bad ass, i thought it would be a bit overpowered...but ill hike it up a bit...the crouching roll i totally forgot to edit that one....(dumbass i am XD)....im glad u all enjoy it....as for the palette...i hate that part of creation...but ur right. Im soo happy u guys enjoy! and i do know the sega one had some cool animations and attacks..but i wanna stay true to the CAPCOM SNES aladdin.

thats for the feedback guys...the apple thing was very annoying..im gonna fix that....i toned done the hypers because his regular moves were so bad ass, i thought it would be a bit overpowered...but ill hike it up a bit...the crouching roll i totally forgot to edit that one....(dumbass i am XD)....im glad u all enjoy it....as for the palette...i hate that part of creation...but ur right. Im soo happy u guys enjoy! and i do know the sega one had some cool animations and attacks..but i wanna stay true to the CAPCOM SNES aladdin.

just a suggeston why dont you edit your character once your done with this and make a sega version as well it wouldnt take much time since the character already made or would it?

thats for the feedback guys...the apple thing was very annoying..im gonna fix that.

I think a invisible helper that prevents Aladdin from throwing another apple while its present rather then a lot of pushback would do the trick for the apple toss I know coding a projectile to not be an infinite can be tricky if the overall movetime is short. :=D: 

...i toned done the hypers because his regular moves were so bad ass, i thought it would be a bit overpowered..

I think all hypers could be around 170-180 damage range and it would be okay I think. As they are right now some hypers like barrel drop barely do 100 damage which is kinda weak for a super/hyper move.

aperson98, ur so right...that barrel should be a bit beast. will fix in next update...

and darklight, that is a good suggestion but because the sega was totally different than the snes one...i would have to start over(especially coding-wise) because aladdin has a sword...and the genie wouldnt be an active helper as much & the randomhyper wouldnt fit for it.  I see some people want that SEGA version, tho the SNES one was better IMO. when the update is released i'll take that into consideration.

aperson98, ur so right...that barrel should be a bit beast. will fix in next update...

and darklight, that is a good suggestion but because the sega was totally different than the snes one..

Sounds like a great Idea it never hurts to have the same character in two different flavors.

Given the fact that this Aladdin feels close to his snes counterpart and your your sense of humor  you could I suggest giving a snes version this guy a shot in the far future.

I always felt this game was soo underrated.

• 3 weeks later...