Rainbow Dash Revamped by RockRage8962 and IDGCaptainRussia

RockRage8962

• 1 month later...

I don't usually post here but there are some glaring problems that wern't mentioned before (I usually post on MFG)

• Transparency issues in almost all of the cut scenes
  • Too add to MugoUrth's post. You can do anything before the round starts even launch supers
  • The King of Fighters effects clash with the rest of the character
  • You can chain the KoF roll into it's self to make Rainbow dash invincible
  • A lot of lag with the effects sometimes
  • The Elemental power turns into a invalid action after it's used once
  • The JoJo's like stand within the D,D,D,s (And why would you set the super to the taunt button) super is horridly coded and the stand can't punch while moving
  • Why does the power charge have a full screen red hit box
  • Speaking about the power charge, One of the effects stays in place if you move RD with p2
  • Taunt has no CLSNs whatsoever
  • There is some coding that seems to be ripped from DG's Blossom 
  • IMO RD should use less effects because it looks like those bad KoF edits
  • Why does this thing have a double jump and a super jump and the super jump is too tight to pull off

I don't usually post here but there are some glaring problems that wern't mentioned before (I usually post on MFG)

• Transparency issues in almost all of the cut scenes
  • Too add to MugoUrth's post. You can do anything before the round starts even launch supers
  • The King of Fighters effects clash with the rest of the character
  • You can chain the KoF roll into it's self to make Rainbow dash invincible
  • A lot of lag with the effects sometimes
  • The Elemental power turns into a invalid action after it's used once
  • The JoJo's like stand within the D,D,D,s (And why would you set the super to the taunt button) super is horridly coded and the stand can't punch while moving
  • Why does the power charge have a full screen red hit box
  • Speaking about the power charge, One of the effects stays in place if you move RD with p2
  • Taunt has no CLSNs whatsoever
  • There is some coding that seems to be ripped from DG's Blossom 
  • IMO RD should use less effects because it looks like those bad KoF edits
  • Why does this thing have a double jump and a super jump and the super jump is too tight to pull off

In reply to a few things here and there.

I don't know why CaptainRussia re-enabled that.

First of all The Elemental mode is supposed to become invalid after one use as it not only heals a portion of your health, but it would be unfair if it could be activated more than once.

CaptainRussia assigned the ultimate move (The Jojo like stand which is actually a cloning move) to the taunt button so that it wouldn't clash with the other moves. Also I don't know why it was made to not only be able to attack while standing, but its probably due to the way it was coded.

I don't know why the taunt had its collisions removed.

You are not mistaken about that area of code being partially from DG's Blossom.

The character was created off of another character that used the EoH template (which I regret doing) and that's the reason behind some of the issues.

This character was a bit rushed and these issues are being addressed.

Thanks for the feedback! It really does help me know what to fix and make better!

Well for the taunt super why don't you assign the move to D,DF,F,D,DF,F,a+b (Because any move that is set to the taunt feels like it was set a debug command not as normal one) and also for characters that have less than six buttons, if you press a button that the other character doesn't have it gives a change state error in the debug text.

And also one more problem I noticed, RD's light crouching kick has no hitdef (So the move does nothing)

I think I might keep it assigned to the taunt button as it feels awkward to me otherwise. Also my Rainbow Dash isn't the only one like this, MadOldCrow's characters also have special moves assigned to the taunt button. I might change it though if enough people want it assigned to something else. As for the change state error that was inevitable. as for the crouching light kick I didn't know that and thanks for letting me know!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of your work RockRage! quick question though, Is the cutscene-less version as up to date as the normal one? I'm thinking of switching over to it as the cutscenes slow my pile of trash PC down a bit.

thanks in advance!

Alright, I'll just wait 'till then as this isn't a world ending issue.

Best of luck on this, I'm a big fan of your characters. I'm particularly hyped for your Pinkie Pie!

Have you seen the video my friend posted on her progress yet? If not check out the article here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick announcement. The cutsceneless version is a bit delayed as I have another release planned soon since some issues have been corrected (like some of the debug flood) with just a few left to go (some debug flood still remains and I'm looking into it right now and re-balancing her basic moves so they can chain properly and not cause infinites) as well as some visual changes so expect an update soon. Hopefully it will be a step in the right direction as well, since I do want this character to be a good one. As always feedback is always appreciated!

Why so shocked? I've seen some characters that has 500MB filesize.

like who?

something even bigger than a blazblue char?

Those kinds of creations do exist. Its mainly due to the heavy size of a .sff. It is really common in characters that have High-Res sprites.

Yes, the .sff and .snd of a character are always the heaviest parts of one. It's common for those who use high-res sprites but I've seen some ludicrous Orochi edits who easily exceeded 500 MB in terms of filesize due to many flashy effects.