Rainbow Dash Revamped by RockRage8962 and IDGCaptainRussia

RockRage8962

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?5v760vjctbqhy89

Less cut-scenes version: http://www.mediafire.com/?48o4cqigij995lc   Description: Rainbow Dash Revamped by RockRage8962 and IDGCaptainRussia. This is my and CaptainRussia's take on Rainbow Dash as a mugen character. Let me know what you think of her!

Edit: She has received a few minor updates so a new link has been posted.

Edit 2: A less cut-scenes version has been posted. This version has all, but one cut-scene removed as it was part of her win pose and I felt it should be left in.

Edit 3: Version 2 is out. This update fixes the low punch bug, rebalances a few things here and there, and some visual changes. Cut-scene less version will be posted soon.

I test played this Rainbow Dash!  It's pretty solid!  I just hope she doesn't slow down my fights with her giant filesize.  >_<;   A bit worried when I use her for a 3v3 Gauntlet.  lol...

One question. Is it Rainbow Dash Rainbow Dash, or is it Gijinka Rainbow Dash? Cause from what I see in the video sample, it's the Gijinka version.

• For what purpose does she has red clsn boxes in her idle stance?
  • Debug spam about nonexistant helpers
  • Standing Jab has no pushback and very little hitstun
  • Standing Med Punch has +13 advantage on hit and block
  • Standing Light kick has +10 on hit and is a corner infinite
  • Crouching Jab is +39 adv on hit and block and an easy infinite
  • For a normal attack thats supposed to knock down, Crouching Strong Kick is +13 on block
  • Air combos are way too loose and too easy to perform. X -> Y -> X -> Y -> repeat ad infinium, for example
  • No movelist in a text file?
  • I see you used the EoH template
  • Her F,B,F+ab super is +13 on hit/block and unblockable at point blank in the corner.
  • She can airdash infinitely, even gaining some altitude if youre fast enough
  • The command input leniency for her SGS is too loose at 60 ticks
  • She sinks into the ground before landing from her air dashes
  • I assume her F+y move is supposed to be a throw of some kind. If so, it shouldn't be able to hit opponents that are in hitstun.
  • QCF+b has 3 frames of startup and 1 recovery frame? Thats way too safe, even at -5 on block.
  • I also noticed a lot of her normals also have chip damage, which they shouldn't
  • Her finisher has no sound

• For what purpose does she has red clsn boxes in her idle stance?
  • Debug spam about nonexistant helpers
  • Standing Jab has no pushback and very little hitstun
  • Standing Med Punch has +13 advantage on hit and block
  • Standing Light kick has +10 on hit and is a corner infinite
  • Crouching Jab is +39 adv on hit and block and an easy infinite
  • For a normal attack thats supposed to knock down, Crouching Strong Kick is +13 on block
  • Air combos are way too loose and too easy to perform. X -> Y -> X -> Y -> repeat ad infinium, for example
  • No movelist in a text file?
  • I see you used the EoH template
  • Her F,B,F+ab super is +13 on hit/block and unblockable at point blank in the corner.
  • She can airdash infinitely, even gaining some altitude if youre fast enough
  • The command input leniency for her SGS is too loose at 60 ticks
  • She sinks into the ground before landing from her air dashes
  • I assume her F+y move is supposed to be a throw of some kind. If so, it shouldn't be able to hit opponents that are in hitstun.
  • QCF+b has 3 frames of startup and 1 recovery frame? Thats way too safe, even at -5 on block.
  • I also noticed a lot of her normals also have chip damage, which they shouldn't
  • Her finisher has no sound

In response to this I will say a few things.

To answer your first question, I have no idea as my friend did most of the code work.

To answer your second question, that was my fault and I should have included one.

To respond to most of the damage issues, that was my fault as I used another character that used the EoH template ((pretty badly)which I somewhat regret doing) and I didn't change the values of the damage ratios.

As for the finisher having no sound, my friend removed it and I'm not sure why as when I sent him the character to work on he removed for some reason. The next update will restore this hopefully.

All in all, we both are to blame for certain things. We haven't finished working on her though and she will be updated. I will be releasing an update that fixes some of the afore mentioned issues and let my friend handle the ones he knows how to fix that I don't as I am not 100% familiar with the engine when it comes to character coding.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! It is really appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, but our characters have palettes that are based on some generation one characters. Rainbow Dash for example has a palette based on generation one's Firefly, Twilight Sparkle has one based on g1 Twilight (Yes that was the name of the character from gen one), Pinkie Pie had one that's based gen 1's Surprise, and Rarity has a palette based on gen 1's Sparkler. Applejack and Fluttershy's designs were based on gen 1 ponies and barely changed so they don't really need special palettes. It's not because I have anything against the previous generations, its just that I didn't have intentions to make any previous gen ponies to begin with.

In response to RicePigeon: One thing I forgot to mention is that the forward +y move isn't a throw. It is a move that sends the opponent into the dizzy state where RD can then perform a power costing combo by pressing the a, b, x, and y buttons respectively while pressing the c or z buttons will buck/kick her opponent out of the dizzy state. Just thought I would clarify what that move was.