The Next MFFA Tournament (Official Sign Ups are NOW will close on 25th )

LegatoSkyheart

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted Image

It's been a LONG time since I've done something like this and I think it's time for another round.

However the game has changed.

I do not what so ever know what our latest trend here is.

I have been away from MFFA for such a long time so I don't know who our regulars are or what games people want to play or whatever.

But I do know that we still have our Emulators so there's that.

So Here's the game plan. I plan on doing another MFFA Tournament, if you guys don't know I've been kinda known for hosting such tournys here and the prizes range from something small like 500 Nintendo Points or a $20 Steam game. 

but What I need to know is when people are most active on here, and When you all would like for this to happen and what game you would want to play for the "Prize".

This Tournament will be entirely up to you, MFFA.

So give me suggestions on a Fighting game that would be most suited for you all, or if you guys even want to do this.

This was the last game and last tournament we did.

Also is Killiara or whatever you use for Mame still up?

*UPDATE*

The Tournament is now under way!

You have all had time to speak and it looks like most of you are in agreeance with each other that we should have a New Tournament. (11 Yes vs 1 No)

Seeing that Most of you want a VS. Capcom game I have decided to go with

Posted Image

The Actual Tournament date won't be till early September, but ya'll have plenty of time to hone your skills by then.

We will be using GGPO for this though We could go to other means if necessary.

Hope this is ok for you all.

All you need to sign up is to go to and say "Here".

Killera is still availble, but many servers have died out. If need be, I can supply emulators with the proper client that also have P2P functions. I will also find a good and stable server.

There's GGPO that can be used as well. It can allow spectators to watch as well.

So basically the options are::

MAME/FBA Netplay via Kaillera

• Server needed for group play
  • Simple switch position function for constant gameplay
  • Ability to record gameplay inputs for later viewing
  • Less stable
  • Rooms only available BEFORE game starts
  • Can play almost any game that can be played alone.
  • Home gaming available for Neo-geo games

GGPO

• Stable gameplay
  • No recording function so outside recorder needed
  • Speculation available during gameplay
  • Automatically set to freeplay and 2p fighting

Game optilons

• King of Fighters
  • Street Fighter II Hyper Edition
  • Street Fighter III
  • Last Blade
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Capcom vs Series
  • SVC Chaos
  • Magical Drop
  • Puzzle Fighter
  • Super Gem Fighter

Sakurai doesn't recognize Smash Bros. as a fighter, and he kinda made the game, so take it in which way you want.

also, Smash on a N64 emu could work with Killera. But I would prefer If we stuck with traditional fighters.

Smash is a fighter.

It was used in the first ever Mugen Free For All tournament. Which was appropriate because the winner got a Wii Gift from the Wii Store.

However the rules have changed to fit everyone's needs.

We use Mame and one of the fighters in Mame like what Bruce has mentioned. Shall I update the poll to the game options? It seems people are interested.

Smash is a fighter.

It was used in the first ever Mugen Free For All tournament. Which was appropriate because the winner got a Wii Gift from the Wii Store.

However the rules have changed to fit everyone's needs.

We use Mame and one of the fighters in Mame like what Bruce has mentioned. Shall I update the poll to the game options? It seems people are interested.

Depending on What People Say, im Just Gonna Say  Yes , But Ask Other People If They Want It To Happen!

• 2 weeks later...

throwin' my name in tha hat.

even tho i voted SF, either that or a VS joint would do me fine, tho i'd want MSH to also be a part of that pool.

WARNING: The Council's comin' suckaz, so tha rest of ya should just do yourselves a favor & fall back, Posted Image & watch, since you won't stand a chance against us..... :troll::truestory:

Posted Image