New Version of Street Fighter 4

Yeah, we got a new Street Fighter.....new version of Street Fighter 4! Alright, this new version will include 5 more characters - Poison, Rolento, Elena, Hugo and 1 unknown character that said to be a character that never exist in Street Fighter franchise (presumably an entirely new character, or Capcom existing characters like from Final Fight and Rival Schools, or perhaps a guest character from different franchise), also include 6 more new stages. For me it is good and bad also...the good is, even though that game is already released 5-6 years ago they still give an update for it, making the game fresh. The bad is....oh God, the next gen consoles will be out so why give more version of the same game, just make a new Street Fighter 5 for us! So what did you think guys?

Posted Image

Box art confirmed

Who else called this?

Seriously, just stop. Don't even make a 5. It's not needed anymore

Not only that. someone pointed this out to me: All the new characters are basically being lifted from Street Fighter X Tekken.

I'm personally not buying this Street Fighter either. I'm done supporting Capcom with this crap. I'm done.

Posted Image

Box art confirmed

Who else called this?

Seriously, just stop. Don't even make a 5. It's not needed anymore

Not only that. someone pointed this out to me: All the new characters are basically being lifted from Street Fighter X Tekken.

I'm personally not buying this Street Fighter either. I'm done supporting Capcom with this crap. I'm done.

Yup, that's the point man. We get the characters that is rip from Street Fighter x Tekken. We only got one new character. For me, at least give the characters that fans been asking like Alex, Skullomania, Q and Karin.

Yup, that's the point man. We get the characters that is rip from Street Fighter x Tekken. We only got one new character. For me, at least give the characters that fans been asking like Alex, Skullomania, Q and Karin.

Please, oh PLEASE don't reopen that wound.

She's only shown up in one other title besides the alpha series and that's NamcoXCapcom, a Japan-only title.

It's painful, really.

I'm so going to rub this in my friend's faces. I told them Capcom would do this with SFIV originally, each time was: SFIV: WATCH.... SUPER SFIV: See? Told you fuckers.... SUPER SFIV Arcade Edition: I'm a God damned fortune teller.... Now this. What? People didn't catch on to Capcom's game strategy with SF II or SFIII? Capcom: whore the same shit over and over so we can make a profit being lazy. Now lets see how many years we're going to see the same 3D character graphics reused like they did with the sprites from the Alpha games. OOOOOOOOOO....... "That's just wrong...."

I'm getting it.

Yes the 4 confirmed characters are just the models lifted from SFxT, but they're getting new animations and properties to fit with SFIV along with the balance patches to the game. 

Also, thank god they're getting rid of GFWL and using steam for matchmaking now.

Please, oh PLEASE don't reopen that wound.

She's only shown up in one other title besides the alpha series and that's NamcoXCapcom, a Japan-only title.

It's painful, really.

Well, Karin is one of a characters that fans been asking when Capcom made Street Fighter x Tekken. If you ask me, I'm also not really fond with her. But if they put her, at least we get a characters that is not from Street Fighter x Tekken. Fans also been asking for R.Mika, Twelve, and Kairi, but well...you know nowadays Capcom is not listening to their fans anymore... :redcard:

In my opinion Capcom should just Make one with all the characters from every series including some from the EX series Instead of money spamming on the same game adding few characters at a time. :redcard:

Yea, agree man. I really want to see EX characters return in Street Fighter. Characters like Kairi, Skullomania, D.Dark, Garuda and other really should reborn back since the EX series for me..duhh, their 3D model was horrible.

Yea, agree man. I really want to see EX characters return in Street Fighter. Characters like Kairi, Skullomania, D.Dark, Garuda and other really should reborn back since the EX series for me..duhh, their 3D model was horrible.

You realize that Capcom doesn't own the rights to the EX characters, right?

You realize that Capcom doesn't own the rights to the EX characters, right?

Everyone realize and know that, but who knows? EX characters is still Street Fighter characters. Capcom should make an agreement again with Arika, so they can put EX characters to 'justice'. EX characters are good addition and they need to be back with the new appearance (obviously their 3D model and moves). If Capcom manage to do this, at least I'll be glad for a while since nowadays Capcom really does many shit thing in their franchise.

I don't see why people are complaining about the SFxT models being used, I mean, it's not like sprites, were you can how the sprites clash with the game.

Yes, they are the same models, but they will play so so so differently.

Also, changelist so far:

General

• Capcom is aware of unblockables and attempting to fix them, no details on how yet.

• Goals were to decrease the gap between high and low tier characters in SF4 with balance changes.

Balrog (Boxer)

• Faster charging of his Turn Punch.

• Less Headbutt recovery.

• Farther range on his Ultra 2.

Cammy

• Cannon Stride can be done LOWER to the ground now.

• Damage reduced on Hard attacks.

• Stun reduced on Hard attacks.

• They tried to reduce the "2 combos and you're dead" effect.

Chun-Li

• Health increased to 950.

• EX Fireball knocks down on hit.

• EX Flip Kick breaks armor.

• Increased her damage.

• Down-Toward + Light Kick anti air appears to be back.

Dudley

• Short Swing Blow has throw invincibility.

• He's been given better hit boxes on some of his attacks (e.g. Kidney Blow).

• All Target Combos do more damage.

E. Honda

• Ultra 2 has more range.

• Ultra 1 has a faster start up.

• Jump Toward MP has a smaller hurt box.

Fei Long

• Rekka Ken range nerfed.

Ibuki

• Less vortex for her.

• More defense options.

• Soft knockdown now on Neckbreakers, but EX version is still a hard knockdown.

• EX DP will have more invincibility.

• Spin Kicks have a larger and lowered hit box.

Ken

• Faster walk speed.

• Crouching Hard Kick has a shorter start up.

• Standing Light Punch combos into Crouching Hard Kick now.

• Ultra 1 does more damage when it connections without the full animation playing.

Makoto

• One simple note, she'll be buffed and not nerfed.

• These details aren't official, and more notes will be coming soon about this fighter.

Oni

• Ultra 2 motion change, will be quarter-circle forward + 3x Kick now.

• EX Slash will be safer on block.

• These details aren't official, and more notes will be coming soon about this fighter.

Rose

• EX Soul Spiral has full invincibility now.

• Does more damage now on most of her moves.

T. Hawk

• Faster walk speed.

• Crouching Medium Kick is special cancelable.

• Ultra 2 has been improved.

Vega (Claw)

• Hit stun increased on Crouching Light Punch.

• Faster start up on Ultra 1.

• Faster start up on Ultra 2.

Yang

• Faster walk speed.

• Shorter start up on Standing Light Kick.

• Better Jumping Medium Kick.

I don't see why people are complaining about the SFxT models being used, I mean, it's not like sprites, were you can how the sprites clash with the game.

Yes, they are the same models, but they will play so so so differently.

Also, changelist so far:

Okay, I'll explain. The characters is always come first in a fighting game. Every fighting game that has been announced, people will talk about the characters, who will be appear in the game. After the characters is announced, then people will looks how the characters play, what is his or her moveset. This Ultra version is a 4th version of Street Fighter 4 where they should not do it. They should do a Street Fighter 5 by now. So, when we deal with the same 'item' that need to be upgrade, of course you want something new, so you will feel worth to throw your money and get the upgrade version. Like I said, fighting game is about the characters first. Of course people will want a characters that did not have a chance to appear in a previous title. Ultra version give us 4 characters that has appear in Street Fighter x Tekken. We already seen how this 4 characters looks and plays. Even they change their moveset, this 4 characters is still the characters that we've already seen. Only one new characters we got, only one...is that worth? They should do the upgrade free if we only got this. That is the reason why.

I'll give you another example like Injustice Gods Among Us game. Many fans was really mad and disappointment when Netherrealm put Scorpion in the game. And why is that? Because we've already seen how Scorpion look and play in Mortal Kombat. Regardless they change his outfit, add some new move, he is still Scorpion that we have seen many time. They are many other DC characters that is worth to include in the game rather than Scorpion. So, same like this Ultra Street Fighter 4 game, they are many other classic Street Fighter characters that worth to include rather than the 4 characters that we've already have in Street Fighter x Tekken.

Sorry for a long explanation, I hope this will answer your question.

I don't think that you quite understand that the most important thing about the character is how they actually play, not whether or not they're in a previous game, because if you knew anything, you would know that Street Fighter IV plays completely differently than Street Fighter X Tekken, and Capcom is going to have to make those characters fit within SF4. The thing is with fighting games, is that there is always room for improvements because there is so many variables to account for, you don't even know.  It doesn't matter if they are previously used assets or not, because what's going to matter is how those characters play.

You know, when SNK ripped characters right out of Neo Geo Battle Closseum and put them in King of Fighters XI as bonus characters, it felt pretty nice. I didn't care much for the characters myself since I always stick with my mains, but it felt like a nice gesture on SNK's part. Kinda like a sort of gift.

This on the other hand...Now I'm really glad I never bought any of the Street Fighter IV games. This is either a genius business move, or just outright theft on the consumer :redcard:

• 4 weeks later...

This is how Capcom makes $$$ all the way back to starting from SFII series.  This is something that should have been gotten used to in all these years.

For that unknown character.  I have my wish list:  Angry Asura, any SFEX character, any MVSC Capcom exclusive character, any Battle Arena Toshinden 2 character, any Cadillacs and Dinosaurs character

And some unusual guess:  a pilot in 194x series, the soldier in Senjou no Ookami/Commando, the hero in Tatakai no Banka/Trojan,

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I can throw my 2 cents into this since I have a bit of info about the subject.

First off the reason that Hugo, Rolento, Poison and Elena were added to the new game was because sfxt is dieing the game itself isn't doing while in a competitive play where a good chunk of capcom money was coming from. believe it or not Street Fighter 4 still sells to this day because it makes money for capcom, Sf5 most likely won't happen till 2016-18 because it's gotten to the point where they know that the game is still being played competitively unlike sfxt.

I'm for one love sfxt since the update but pre-update I hated the game.

Sfxt and Ae play alot alike other then the juggle system in each games since you have more juggle point's in sfxt then in Ae.

most people don't know this but Hugo, Rolento, Poison and Elena were fan favorites to make it into the original Street fighter 4 but they didn't at the time.

Hugo can be seen in one of the stages as well and the Africa stage was meant for Elena.

now on the subject of the new character it's going to be someone who is in the SF universal but has not been in a fighting game before that could be a few characters like Dan's father Go Hibiki,  Goutetsu (Sensei of Akuma and Gouken), King Cobra who later became Rufus Posted Image.

Sayaka (Gouken's niece), just to name a few.

Several different Capcom characters who were thought to be prime candidates have already been ruled out. Various Capcom representatives have already stated that fighters like Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's Mike Haggar, Asura from Asura's Wrath and Mega Man will not take up the fifth character slot.

to be honest if you don't play street fighter competitively the updates shouldn't bug you to much.

They should just take the roster from all their versus titles ever made and mash em together. and any other chars that fans ask for that werent already in those games can be dlc. and different modes so people can choose their favorite style of play(for example choosing between 3 vs 3. 2 vs 2. or 1 vs 1) the perfect capcom fightr right there

They should just take the roster from all their versus titles ever made and mash em together.

i wonder how many times i've said this.

Marvel vs snk vs namco vs tatsunoku vs capcom lulz

but if capcom decides to be a genius and make an official mugen, somehow they are going to have "copyright" problems.

• 3 months later...

We may now have a visual on the 5th character with some new offical art for ultra

Posted Image

Word has it the person who isn't recognizable may be Retsu, friend of Gouken from the original Street Fighter.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Retsu

It MAY fit because Retsu has only APPEARED in Street Fighter. He has never in any way fought. So it's a possibility. Other people are arguing that it will be Decapre, a Living Doll whose name literally means December, the month in which the 5th character will be revealed. (Before you ask what Decapre looks like, imagine Cammy in a black suit, a mask and dual wields claws.)

Thoughts?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/nov/28/ultra-street-fighter-4-artwork-shows-first-look-what-could-be-5th-character-possibly-retsu/

We may now have a visual on the 5th character with some new offical art for ultra

Posted Image

Word has it the person who isn't recognizable may be Retsu, friend of Gouken from the original Street Fighter.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Retsu

It MAY fit because Retsu has only APPEARED in Street Fighter. He has never in any way fought. So it's a possibility. Other people are arguing that it will be Decapre, a Living Doll whose name literally means December, the month in which the 5th character will be revealed. (Before you ask what Decapre looks like, imagine Cammy in a black suit, a mask and dual wields claws.)

Thoughts?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/nov/28/ultra-street-fighter-4-artwork-shows-first-look-what-could-be-5th-character-possibly-retsu/

Okay...I don't mind they add Retsu but...if this was true, it is obviously Capcom cheat on us! They said that the 5th character is the character that is never seen or appear in Street Fighter game. Retsu is in Street Fighter 1.

Okay...I don't mind they add Retsu but...if this was true, it is obviously Capcom cheat on us! They said that the 5th character is the character that is never seen or appear in Street Fighter game. Retsu is in Street Fighter 1.

Yea. He was a computer controlled char. But he was a fightable opponent. Which eliminates him from being the 5th char.