Mutant DNA boss - Diba (bug fix 2013-06-14)

Werewood

Mutant DNA boss - Diba

Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

MUGEN Characters 1500 Series: Diba by Borewood
Diba is from Mutant DNA (PC-DOS)

Posted Image

Since Cenobite 53 ripped Diba sprites and told me Diba is a boss, so yeah.................

Video Preview:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21107079

Download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Oh I just found a A.I. bug that crashes MUGEN1.0!

Posted Image

I just fixed it and re-uploaded a Boring_Diba_2013-06-14_AI_bug_fixed.zip, so please re-download Diba........sorry about that........ :bow:

Warning:

- There is no such thing as "source accuracy" in all my MUGEN characters, because I don't have the skill.
- There is only one default palette for all my MUGEN characters, because I am color-blind and don't know how to do palettes.
- There is no other purpose in all my MUGEN characters than filling some MUGEN database empty slots, for the sake of MUGEN hard-core collectors who accept both good-quality and inaccurate/half-assed/plain/boring MUGEN characters which have not yet been converted to MUGEN or that have fewer MUGEN verions.

Disclaimer

- All my new MUGEN characters are for MUGEN 1.0 only.
- All my new MUGEN characters have A.I.
- All my new MUGEN characters are open-sourced.

Another Creator that deserves is own section. Your stuff is awesome.

About ".........own section", all credits and thanks go to Ryon and MFFA!  :heeee:

About "Your stuff is awesome.", only if you could stand my inaccurate MUGEN Diba conversion...........

I got you some feedback from Guild from some guys who really made feedback on Diba:

-quintuple jump??

-Guilty Gear FX??

-superarmor/charging on basics

-none of his original voice clips are in here

-has no moves from the original game

-shouldn't you at least have ONE move from the original?

-that super throw animation doesn't look very good. i don't see what effect he was trying to achieve with layering the duplication sprite onto him. it just looks...bizarre. -that air-only kicking move sometimes doesn't work right, it can work correctly and not at different times on the same opponent -why have a supercharge if the damage it causes is barely the same anyhow

I hope you can improve this char in a future n_n

I got you some feedback from Guild from some guys who really made feedback on Diba:

-quintuple jump??

-Guilty Gear FX??

-superarmor/charging on basics

-none of his original voice clips are in here

-has no moves from the original game

-shouldn't you at least have ONE move from the original?

-that super throw animation doesn't look very good. i don't see what effect he was trying to achieve with layering the duplication sprite onto him. it just looks...bizarre.

-that air-only kicking move sometimes doesn't work right, it can work correctly and not at different times on the same opponent

-why have a supercharge if the damage it causes is barely the same anyhow

I hope you can improve this char in a future n_n

From my WIP status: 

MUGEN Characters 1500 Series

** MUGEN characters in this series:

- all are from fighting games

- usually there are super moves

- Franken-spriting are seldom used

- have limited amount of sounds and visual effects

- game play system is not complicated

- highly inaccurate

- character(s) name(s): Diba

Posted Image

- source game: Mutant DNA (PC-DOS)

- intro: Cenobite 53 once asked whether I will be interested in mugenizing this Mutant DNA character,

since Cenobite 53 told me Diba is a boss, so yeah.........

- plan: I don't have access to the source game and even if I had, my PC cannot make DOS game run anymore!

So, I just do this Diba boss by my total imagination.......not sure whether he as a super move in the source game....

anyway, I will give him a custom super move!

- materials:

- sprites: http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/mutantdna/sheet/52332/

- sounds: probably no where to get.....so some alternatives will be used

- FAQ: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/part2/games-other3.htm#mutantdna

- issue: I have no idea how Diba plays in the source game......no GIFs no videos.........

- difficulty: N/A

- progress: all basics and normals are finished

- MFFA WIP/release topic:

-

You see I had no idea how Diba plays like because I don't have access to the source game and even any Diba videos.  I did him with my own imagination.  I am sure someone will do an accurate version of him.

Also, thank you for getting me the feedback from MFG, actually I browse MFG just not logging in again.

I see, too bad about can't play/see how it plays in the game, I hope someone can upload or say how he plays. Maybe you can ask help to Cenobite so together you can work more on the character ;)

I told him about my Diba WIP and release but in these few days he did not give me any response (too busy?).  If I see him more I may ask him for more information.  Thanks for your tip!

I did him with my own imagination.  I am sure someone will do an accurate version of him.

?????? I don`t get it !

This is like...........when you try to make an apple pie yet you have never seen an apple pie before, so you have to use your imagination to make your inaccurate apple pie.

This is like...........when you try to make an apple pie yet you have never seen an apple pie before, so you have to use your imagination to make your inaccurate apple pie.

Oh! But ur imagination too good !! I hope have imagination like that !

I told him about my Diba WIP and release but in these few days he did not give me any response (too busy?).  If I see him more I may ask him for more information.  Thanks for your tip!

Yeah, I actually am very busy, my work is killing me right now the last days. I'll can send you the game + all needed stuff the next days. By the way MelvanaInChains is also working on Diba as a char.

Yeah, I actually am very busy, my work is killing me right now the last days. I'll can send you the game + all needed stuff the next days. By the way MelvanaInChains is also working on Diba as a char.

Yes I also know he is making one (actually he started his way earlier than I did).  I am sure he will do a much more accurate version.  If you can send me the source game then I am willing to try it out and see the differences between the source and my own imagination.  Thank you in advance!