Borewood's WIP - Custom AB Bonus Round released 2014-08-16

Werewood

Got a reply from Larvario:

Using the Dolphin Emulator, you have to choose the Dumping Option or Dump Textures,
using that option will allow you to create a folder with some images (NOT THE PLAYER'S SPRITES)
then, i picked the font from those images (in training mode, the font background is some sort of
mosaic wall) and painted them light green then save them in a folder which the Dolphin Emulator
can recover the edited text dump you just edited (can't remember the folder's name quite well)
and there you go! next time you play the game it's gonna show the light green background! (i did the
same thing to get rid of the lifebars if i'm not wrong) and then you can to record the character
moves in .AVI file (the emulator has this option as well) and that's how i captured and cropped the sprites
"manually" using the magic wand in coreldraw and photoshop which is a pain in the ass cause i couldn't get
rid of the dust when the player performs a high jump, falls etc etc, but if you're gonna try it out then go for it!
cause there's no other easy method to do rip sprites from a Wii game as far as i know....

Using the Dolphin Emulator, you have to choose the Dumping Option or Dump Textures,

using that option will allow you to create a folder with some images (NOT THE PLAYER'S SPRITES)

then, i picked the font from those images (in training mode, the font background is some sort of

mosaic wall) and painted them light green then save them in a folder which the Dolphin Emulator

can recover the edited text dump you just edited (can't remember the folder's name quite well)

and there you go! next time you play the game it's gonna show the light green background! (i did the

same thing to get rid of the lifebars if i'm not wrong) and then you can to record the character

moves in .AVI file (the emulator has this option as well) and that's how i captured and cropped the sprites

"manually" using the magic wand in coreldraw and photoshop which is a pain in the ass cause i couldn't get

rid of the dust when the player performs a high jump, falls etc etc, but if you're gonna try it out then go for it!

cause there's no other easy method to do rip sprites from a Wii game as far as i know....

Oh I see!  That is some quite a hi-tech method to me!  I will try it out.  Thank you very much for you great help, Noside, your name and Larvario's name will surely be in my credit & thank-you list!

Oh I see!  That is some quite a hi-tech method to me!  I will try it out.  Thank you very much for you great help, Noside, your name and Larvario's name will surely be in my credit & thank-you list!

Glad to help man, and i just can't wait to play with your ONI! keep it up Awesomewood! :attack:

That's quite of a legion of characters, buddy!

Oni is ready for tests?

By the way I often learn something new after starting a new character.

So, I use that new knowedge to continue a wip which was in hiatus.

Having many wips can give us more experience, don't you agree?

That's quite of a legion of characters, buddy!

Oni is ready for tests?

By the way I often learn something new after starting a new character.

So, I use that new knowedge to continue a wip which was in hiatus.

Having many wips can give us more experience, don't you agree?

Oni and Abel........I am still ripping their "sprites".  I hope I will finish ripping and get the SFF and AIR and normals/basics done within the next two months, and let those who are interested to test.

Yes, by planning different kinds of WIPs one might be tempted to try something new.  Yet, new features usually require more skill and research, and there are chances that the outcome might not look as good as expected.  So, good luck to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SSFIV Oni WIP#1 released 2013-07-29
Please see my SSF4 MUGEN WIP topic: 

@Moneyspider_Todd:

Doronjo and SSFIV Asura-wanna-be are just my MUGNE experiements........please don't expect good results. :bow:

@O Ilusionista:
Thank you very much!  I have been keeping your Shin Kazuma since my first MUGEN year in 2004!

@NinjaPig:
I can't wait too.  I want to have a non-cheap Doraemon in MUGEN now that I have a chance to mugenize one with the cool NDS sprites.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, Johnny B. Wood! I have a question; i was searching in internet about a clean model of haggar when i find a thread from 2 years ago in the guild about an idea of a SFIV custom Haggar. I want to ask if something about that idea survives, or if everything about that idea now rest in the dust.

Well fucking A guy. I was gonna make a tvc chun-li but I might need to leave it to the pros :confuse:

• 4 weeks later...

I just released a Custom Experimental TRF2 Beatrice:

@Moneyspider_Todd:

Hmmmmmmmm.......oh!  That was some idea engineering old stuff!  I totally forgot that already because everybody at MFG turned it down quickly.
I don't know......since I still have many on-going MUGEN WIPs........but I will keep a note of this old MUGEN idea of mine.....

@Cayne:

I tried his mentioned method, not really that hard:

Custom_Doronjo_wip2_320x240.gif?psid=1

Maybe when I get to working on my Custom Doronjo WIP I can  share my experience with you.

• 1 month later...

MUGEN Characters Experiments

** MUGEN characters in this series:

- most are from fighting games

- most have serious sprite/sound rip-inability

- Franken-spriting may be used

- have limited amount of features and move sets

- highly inaccurate

- the end results can be quite bad and ugly

- progresses might be terminated because of the possible bad and ugly end results

- character(s) name(s): AH3 Ragnarok

Boring_AH3_Ragnarok.gif?psid=1

- source game: Arcana Heart 3 (Arcade)

- intro: Ragnarok is the final boss of Arcana Heart 3 and I like to mugenize bosses......,

and Ragnarok might be a good test subject for the new MUGEN1.1 stage zoom feature

- plan: just want to see how Ragnarok will look like in MUGEN1.1, and try to make its weak spots hit-able,

will add some helpers to attack the player

- materials:

- sprites: http://justnopoint.com/lbends/index.php?location=sprites&page=&gallery=arcana&file=Ragnarok

- sounds: found a rip but link is dead..............will use alternatives probably

- FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/971601-arcana-heart-3/images

- issue: the platforms and Ragnarok's shoulders for the player to stand on! I think it is too hard to mugenize, if not impossible

- difficulty: the body and wing and arms normal motion and get-hit movement! I will just make them as simple as possible

- progress: organizing sprites and doing research........

- MFFA WIP/release topic: N/A

-

- character(s) name(s): TVC Doronjo

Boring_Doronjo_wip1_320x240.png?psid=1Boring_Doronjo_wip2_320x240.gif?psid=1

Boring_Doronjo_wip3_320x240.gif?psid=1

- source game: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii)

- intro: Doronjo might be among the most rip-able TVC characters......,

she doesn't have much projectile/fireball, specials are helpers, one super is helpers too

- plan: I will try to make it a bit close to the source game, yet no accuracy is to be expected!

And, some features are to be missing because the corresponding "sprites" cannot be ripped!

The bicycle super move, is likely to be replace by the one shown in the 3rd WIP in-game GIF!

- materials:

- sprites: being ripped by Borewood, by his half-assly "take-screenshots-and-clean-images" method

- sounds: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-sound-rips-97235.0.html

- FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/953921-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars/images

- issue: I don't know that Spanish MUGEN author Larvario/GACN managed to rip a TVC Morrigan with good quality......,

and I cannot reach him because I don't know Spanish.......

- difficulty: there are many "sprites" too hard or almost impossible to rip!

- progress: ripping "sprites" and try to play more with Doronjo in the source game

-

- character(s) name(s): Pyramid Head

Boring_Pyramid_Head_wip.gif?psid=1

- source game: Silent Hill 2 (PC)

- intro: Pyramid Head, the well-known Silient Hill boss, how can it be missing in MUGEN!?

- plan: I once tried to rip it by my half-assly "take-screenshots-and-clean-images" method but that was too damn hard so I gave up,

later on recently, I found a XNALara that can let me make poses with a Pyramid Head 3D model, so, something new for me to play with...,

if my Pyramid Head posing attempt is not that bad, then I might add a Nurse as a helper or victim

- materials:

- sprites: being ripped by Borewood, by his half-assly "take-screenshots-and-clean-images" method

3D model is obtained here: http://xnalara-customized.deviantart.com/gallery/?set=29047227&offset=24#/art/Silent-hill-2-Pyramid-Head-RedHead-354188706?_sid=5d888f0e

- sounds: does Pyramid Head make some sounds ever?

- FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/561577-silent-hill-2/images

- issue: the poses are so hard to make consistent and natural!!!!

- difficulty: the poses again........

- progress: making poses with XNALara

-

- character(s) name(s): Asura Wanna-be

Boring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip1_320x240.png?pBoring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip2_320x240.png?p

Boring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip3_320x240.png?pBoring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip1.gif?psid=1

Boring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip2.gif?psid=1Boring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip3.gif?psid=1Boring_Asura_Wanna-be_wip10.gif?psid=1

- source game: SSFIV AE (PC) and Asura's Wrath: Lost Episode 2 - The Strongest vs. the Angriest (XBOX360/PS3)

- intro: Asura Wanna-be, is a SSFIV character with skin mod and move swap who pretend to be the Asura in Asura's Wrath,

My ridiculous SF4 idea again, next to my crappy SF4 Omni!

- plan: I watched the interesting Asura vs Oni YT video and my ridiculous SF4 idea is inspired again!

WIP in-game screenshot #3: flying forearm move?

WIP in-game GIF #1: machine gun punch?

WIP in-game GIF #2: some kind of angry dash attack?

WIP in-game GIF #3: "dare to touch me"?

WIP in-game GIF #4: the ultra move shown in the Asura vs Oni YT video?

- materials:

- sounds: looking for some Asura's Wrath sounds.........

- FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=Asura%27s+Wrath

- issue: due to SSFIV skin mod and move swap limits, it is not possible to make Asura's exact moves

- difficulty: the ultra moves are not easy to code in MUGEN............

- progress: ripping "sprites"

- character(s) name(s): RF2 Greed and Beatrice

Boring_RF2_Greed_vs_Boring_RF2_Beatrice_

- source game: The Rumble Fish 2 (PC hack)

- intro: Greed and Beatrice are the bosses......so yeah......

- plan: only minimal number of features will be mugenized..........

- materials:

- sounds: probably no where to get.........will use alternatives for the time being......

- FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/926550-the-rumble-fish-2

- issue: everything.......

- difficulty: it is way too hard to use "take-screenshots-and-clean-images" method on this one....

- progress: ripping "sprites" and try to play more with Greed and Beatrice in the source game

- MFFA WIP/release topic:

-

Do you have Asura Wanna-be char? 

I want to Asura Wanna-be char~Please :heeee: