Hibiki Katagiri

Toshio Tenma

Name: Hibiki Katagiri.
Game: Kensei Shoujo: Limit Impact + custom.
Genre: Fighter (mainly female cast with two male characters).
Voice Actress: Unknown.
-
About Hibiki:
Hibiki is the main character of Kensei Shoujo series and uses the Katagiri Ryu style which reminds of fighting styles
like those from Street Fighter and others.
Not much is know about her.
-
Special moves:

a) Hokodan (can be done in air):
Command: Down, Down Forward, Forward, punch

b) Retsu Kyaku (can be done in air):
Command: Down, Down Back, Back, kick

b) Tenshoken:
Command: Forward, Down Forward, Forward, punch

c) Guard Counter:
Command: While guarding quickly tap Forward, attack (any button of punch or kick).
*Cost one power bar.

Supers:

a) Cho Hokodan (can be done in air):
Command: Down, Down Forward, Forward, Down, Down Forward, Forward, punch

b) Cho Retsu Kyaku  (can be done in air):
Command: Down, Down Back, Back, Down, Down Back, Back, kick

b) Cho Tenshoken:
Command: Down, Down Forward, Forward, Down, Down Forward, Forward, kick

Note:

Punch: x,y,z
Kick: a,b,c

Attack: x,y,z,a,b,c
-
Release Log May 19th 2013:
a) Added Cho Hokodan, Cho Retsukyaku and Cho Tenshoken.
b) Added new win poses.
c) Updated Hokodan Strong.
d) Updated throw.
e) Added roll escape.
f) Added new palettes.
g) Added compatibility with Odango (Doremi Harukaze).
h) Added compatibility with Haguu Jaku and Oja Ranbu (Doremi Harukaze).
i) Added Midnight Bliss.
j) Renamed to HibikiK since there is another Hibiki character which is unrelated.

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Video:

http-~~-//youtu.be/Jy0Ty4SeBGg

Download:

http://forum.paodemugen.com.br/index.php?showtopic=12126

- I noticed when using her with other palletes, her lv3 super (D,F,D,F, z) is miscolored? is that intentional or accident?

- Super D,B,D,B a b or C, the super pause, stops everything except the character, meaning she can hit the opponent during the super pause, which makes the move broken. because the player can not defend.

- Light hitsparks do not match the rest of the hitsparks. why not use Trans = A?

- I think some of your projectile animations should be faster, they look a bit slow? like SF2 slow?

thats all i have for now. everything else is great.

- I noticed when using her with other palletes, her lv3 super (D,F,D,F, z) is miscolored? is that intentional or accident?

- Super D,B,D,B a b or C, the super pause, stops everything except the character, meaning she can hit the opponent during the super pause, which makes the move broken. because the player can not defend.

- Light hitsparks do not match the rest of the hitsparks. why not use Trans = A?

- I think some of your projectile animations should be faster, they look a bit slow? like SF2 slow?

thats all i have for now. everything else is great.

-The issue with the LV3 Super is an accident, I use mainly the default palette, so I did not notice. Thanks for the heads up.

-Hmm, I need to check that.

-I'll apply it in the next update for the hitspark.

-Any suggestions for speed?

sailor moon was actually enjoyable to me as a child for different reasons though you should see it uncut it was very adult friendly lets just say that.

-Any suggestions for speed?

Maybe 3 ticks each frame, if not try 2.

really i believe projectile animations should be fast moving. even if they move slow.

also they look like they have a strange transparency but it could just be me.

yeah you have no idea what it was like in the original it was NOT for little girls. there was no censoring of their transformations or anything.

Cool story, guys.

But, that's a release topic and I did not released Sailor Moon, let's be coherent.

@ Ryon: I don't how to make the projectiles accurate to the source, so I had to improvise.

I'll give a better try next time.

the first half of your post is stupid laharl.

since he is topic creator. and he has a point.

that first part shouldnt have been said.

especially in the release boards.

anywhere else is ok. but not here. respect his work, and his topic.

(and by saying that i didnt mean to say you offended his character)

On Topic.

Toshio, why don't you get a better beam effect? Touhou has a couple?

Nice release Toshio!  Looks like she has got rich features!  Just finished downloading her!  Will get back to you later soon!

off-topic:  somehow I fully accept off-topic talk in my own topics.  :P Anyway, everybody's preference is different!

Nice release Toshio!  Looks like she has got rich features!  Just finished downloading her!  Will get back to you later soon!

off-topic:  somehow I fully accept off-topic talk in my own topics.  :P Anyway, everybody's preference is different!

Overall an interesting MUGEN character!  Has a unique taunt and cool looking win pose and some cute voices.  Also got the solid Ryu-like moves and some cool accessories like the guard-counter move.

A typical Ryu's female fan like Sakura I can say.  :bath:

Alright, my feedback is here:

- you may want to check her throw alignment:

Posted Image

Posted Image

- not sure if that is from the source game => after images after super move states:

Posted Image

- not sure if that is from the source game => something about the crouching strong punch statedef 420:

Posted Image

My educated guess:  I understand you adjusted the red hit box to avoid air infinite.  Yet when I tried to use this crouching normal move to hit a jump-in P2, it hardly hit P2 in air (it requires some pretty tight timing and P2 not being attacking low enough).  Also, I found only the fireball special/super move is able to hit P2 when P2 is launched into the air by this crouching normal move.

- The crouching light punch 2-in-1 combo issue => I had hard times pulling off crouching light punch 2-in-1 combo.........

Overall an interesting MUGEN character!  Has a unique taunt and cool looking win pose and some cute voices.  Also got the solid Ryu-like moves and some cool accessories like the guard-counter move.

A typical Ryu's female fan like Sakura I can say.  :bath:

Alright, my feedback is here:

- you may want to check her throw alignment:

Posted Image

Posted Image

- not sure if that is from the source game => after images after super move states:

Posted Image

- not sure if that is from the source game => something about the crouching strong punch statedef 420:

Posted Image

My educated guess:  I understand you adjusted the red hit box to avoid air infinite.  Yet when I tried to use this crouching normal move to hit a jump-in P2, it hardly hit P2 in air (it requires some pretty tight timing and P2 not being attacking low enough).  Also, I found only the fireball special/super move is able to hit P2 when P2 is launched into the air by this crouching normal move.

- The crouching light punch 2-in-1 combo issue => I had hard times pulling off crouching light punch 2-in-1 combo.........

Do you have any suggestions about how to fix these issues, Werewood?

Also, here is a bugfix for her CMD:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/80qvyb

It'll prevent Hibiki from making super motions during combos even without power bar.

Also guys, leave off-topic away from my release topics.

It don't matter if you tolerate off-topics, but if you keep making ten pages of just off-topic and no feedback, then you'll mislead me into thinking there is any new feedback.

And I'll only waste my time checking my posts which will end up making me lose interest into posting.

@Toshio:

>> Do you have any suggestions about how to fix these issues, Werewood?

You shall have no problem fixing these issues by yourself.

If you ask, then for the crouching strong punch statedef 420 one, re-adjust the red hit box to make her be able to hit aerial jump-in's like Ryu.  Then add some juggle point to statedef 420, and/or use some variable to count how many hits it produces and when the variable reaches a certain number then either put infinite restriction in her CMD or StateTypeSet the statedef 420 movetype to I........there are several ways to do that........I am sure you already know how.......do it your best way :D