Commissions, Ethics and Prices?

OlivriaNoel

I brought this topic up on MFG, but it didn't really get answered, perhaps due to how I worded it. I've been a big fan of MUGEN for a while, if not a true MUGEN player. I like characters with good AI and I'm a sucker for female and genderbent characters in general, which is why I really like KFG, Kyoko, Zeroko, etc. The other day, I was musing how much it costs to commission someone to create a MUGEN character, what's too expensive, what's worth it, what it goes to and the relation between being paid for work and if by doing that, it violates the very idea of MUGEN that keeps it safe from being given a Cease and Desist, that it's non-profit. For those who do commissions, would you tell me what your prices are, what you're interested in and what kind of characters you also DON'T want to make? As it's all very well paying for a character to be made, but if the creator has no enthusiasm for it or care then it won't get finished nor will the creator necessarily wish to. Second, ethically, how do you all feel this relates to MUGEN and whether this is a good or bad idea?

its not a bad idea if someone wants to be paid for their work on something they probably didn't want to do theres no issues, mugen is counted as fan art even deviant art takes commissions thats why this is allowed. as for prices it varies by spriter/coder I think rajaa is around 300 dollars or so for coding.

spriters are way more in general. I can't give you exact prices but as for the ethics there is zero issue to it.

it's not a bad thing if the person would like to be compensated for particular work. look at ddr, the guy that did the saturday morning mayhem game. that turned out pretty well for  him on that note. now someone doing something like selling a mugen game, with content not made by the seller, that would be all sorts of wrong. i caught a dude in lamestop a few years back trying to do that...

its not a bad idea if someone wants to be paid for their work on something they probably didn't want to do theres no issues, mugen is counted as fan art even deviant art takes commissions thats why this is allowed. as for prices it varies by spriter/coder I think rajaa is around 300 dollars or so for coding.

spriters are way more in general. I can't give you exact prices but as for the ethics there is zero issue to it.

If its like an HR or Well Made char than go for it

But prices like that is why I think it should remain free.

300 dollars for a Char I'm not gonna play with for more than a half hour? I think not