Mugen 1.1 Alpha 4 Downloadable

Krishjan

what is the difference between this version to the other between winmugen and mugen 1.0

DosMUGEN (the standard version) and WinMUGEN (the recent version) are just the types of mugen. MUGEN 1.0 and MUGEN 1.1 are an update of the plugins if I don't mistake...

The code for that zoom feature is actually pretty simple, it just needs adjustment per stage. I'ts just two lines that can go anywhere under [Camera]:

startzoom = 1
zoomout = 0.84

Just letting you know, have you guys ever read the dam docs lol? 

Please Read On Updates:

New in 1.1
Overview
  • New rendering engine based on OpenGL
  • Camera zooming
Graphical
  • New rendering engine based on OpenGL (mugen.cfg: : RenderMode = OpenGL). RenderMode=System now deprecated (it still works but will not support all the new features). RenderMode=OpenGLScreen removed.
  • mugen.cfg: : KeepAspect, StageFit, SystemFit options added. Various window-related preferences. If you prefer the 1.0 behavior of cropping stages and motifs to match the window aspect, set StageFit and SystemFit to 0.
  • Alt-Enter during OpenGL windowed video mode (fullscreen = 0) will toggle windowed fullscreen instead of exclusive fullscreen mode.
  • Added RGB and RGBA sprite support. Use the updated SprMake2 tool.
  • AIR: Added scale and angle optional parameters. More info: http://elecbyte.com/alpha/air.html#optional-parameters
  • AIR: Added linear interpolation support. More info: http://elecbyte.com/alpha/air.html#interpolation
  • AIR: Floating point values now accepted for offsets.
Stages and Backgrounds
  • BG: Added maskwindow, startscale, scaledelta, zoomdelta parameters. http://elecbyte.com/alpha/bgs.html#advanced-parameters
  • BG: Deprecated window parameter. Use maskwindow instead.
  • BG: Parallax: Deprecated yscalestart and yscaledelta parameters. Use startscale and scaledelta instead.
  • BG: Parallax: use of the width parameter is now the preferred method for hardware-accelerated rendering modes due to visual artifacts resulting from using xscale method.
  • BG: Parallax: support for animated parallax added.
  • Stages: [Camera]: added zoomout, zoomin, tensionhigh, tensionlow parameters. http://elecbyte.com/alpha/bgs.html#camera-group
  • Stages: [shadow]: Added xshear parameter (RenderMode=OpenGL only). Removed support for color parameter; use intensity instead. http://elecbyte.com/alpha/bgs.html#shadow-group
CNS
Misc
  • Motifs: sysexplods: added angle parameter (doesn't work right for text yet)
  • Text line limit increase from 4k to 16k.
  • Graphics: Fight player portraits are no longer affected by player PalFX.
  • Efficiency of ownpal=1 explods improved.
  • Fixed possible resource leak in survival mode.
  • select.def: Increased arcade.maxmatches and team.maxmatches limit to 30.
  • Font v2: added banktype parameter: palette (default) and sprite. Sprite banktype lets you substitute an entirely new set of sprites instead of changing the palette.
  • Font v2: added RGBA font support. Use an SFF with RGBA sprites, and optionally set banktype = sprite. See font/num72.def and work/font/num72/ for an example of an RGBA font.
  • Precaching does not work yet in 1.1 and is currently disabled.
Tools
  • SprMake2: Added support for 24 (RGB) and 32 bit (RGBA) sprites. Including such sprites will generate an SFF (v2.01) that is incompatible with MUGEN 1.0.
  • SprMake2: Added png8, png24 and png32 compression methods. Using such compression methods will generate an SFF (v2.01) that is incompatible with MUGEN 1.0.
Reimplemented

These have been partly or fully reimplemented. Info for alpha testers only.

• Graphical renderer (affects all sprites)
  • Palfx and RemapPal (affects all players, helpers, explods, projectiles and afterimages)
  • Explod drawing
  • Shadows drawing
  • Screen fading
  • Game flow, i.e. transitions between mode select, vs screen, fight, etc. (not in alpha 1)
Player Update Notes
  • Some explods in 1.0 characters may not appear correctly when the camera zooms in or out. This happens because 1.0 does not understand if an explod is meant to be zoomed with the camera or not.

Convert existing explod controllers to use the new parameters, particularly "space", in order to display explods correctly. Examples of explod effects that should be in screen space are fullscreen background shown during supers, character portraits, victory screens implemented in CNS, etc. Examples of explod effects that should be in stage space are hit and super sparks, dust, character parts (e.g. a shield), etc.

More info: http://elecbyte.com/alpha/sctrls.html#explod

• Explods now take angle, yangle and xangle parameters. This means you can rotate an explod in 3D space. Those of you familiar with 3D will notice that there is a fixed perspective projection. You can play with these new parameters, but note that we'll probably change how this works, so expect breakages during the alpha and beta phases of 1.1.

Stage Update Notes
  • There is a temporary parameter "ForceStageZoomout" under [Misc] in mugen.cfg. This enables zooming on all stages that do not have explicit zoom parameters.

Camera zooming has a tendency to expose blank areas around the edges of stages, especially on background elements with a small delta. You can think of zooming out to be like switching a camera to a wide-angle lens, enabling you to see a wider view of the same scene.

For 1.1, you should explicitly set the zoomout and zoomin parameters in the [Camera] group. It's also recommended to use tensionhigh and tensionlow to control vertical movement as they look better than verticalfollow for tall stages.

If you're using content from 1.0, you'll want to fix the blank areas around the edges of your stage. One way to do this is draw in the edges of the affected sprites.

There is another method that works on multi-layered stages: use the zoomdelta BG element parameter. For elements on layers that are "far away", such as the sky, use a small zoomdelta. Use progressively larger zoomdeltas up to 1.0 for elements that appear closer to the foreground. A general guideline is to use a zoomdelta that is close in value to the delta value of each element. This method requires less touch up artwork and gives stages a feeling of depth. You may need to reduce your stage bounds slightly using this method.

More info: http://elecbyte.com/alpha/bgs.html

Note that the example KFM stage has zooming explicitly disabled.

Version 1.1 Alpha 4

31 Aug 2012

Graphics
Fixed

Most of these things you may not understand though.

we comic mugen focused people are a different breed. the bulk of our stages we prefer to be comic related (i do have a few others but by far its a smaller percentage). and most of them are low res.

now if there were other pros to having 1.1 other than the changing stage thing, then maybe i'd think about it.

no honestly stick to 1.1 installation is simple mugen 1.1 is compatible with any 1.0 screenpack all you need to do delete the old mugen cfg and replace it with the 1.1 mugen cfg. In mugen 1.1 you cant mix 1.0 and 1.1 engine files together or else you will get errors. All the engine files must be 1.1 exclusive.

we comic mugen focused people are a different breed. the bulk of our stages we prefer to be comic related (i do have a few others but by far its a smaller percentage). and most of them are low res.

now if there were other pros to having 1.1 other than the changing stage thing, then maybe i'd think about it.

I've seen a video, and looks like the camera will move (based on characters positions) like recent games like BlazBlue or Persona 4 Arena.

But it's an alpha version and I'll wait for the complete version.

I've seen a video, and looks like the camera will move (based on characters positions) like recent games like BlazBlue or Persona 4 Arena.

But it's an alpha version and I'll wait for the complete version.

Now that sounds interesting.

Is it kind of like how, depending on the distance between the characters, the stage will auto-zoom in and out?

Or is that a bit too advanced for the Mugen engine?

Now that sounds interesting.

Is it kind of like how, depending on the distance between the characters, the stage will auto-zoom in and out?

Or is that a bit too advanced for the Mugen engine?

Is like you said, but I don't understand how to do that. Maybe you can ask to someone like Ryon or someone of the staff.

Alpha 4 does work flawlessly, besides the delta problem it has with localcoord on HD(which is easily can be fixed by editing values). IT runs faster too. More stable and people are now making stuff for 1.1 only. 32bit pngs beat pcx images all day.