Ricepigeon

[WIP] RicePigeon's WIP thread: Suika (Palette templates inside)

287 posts in this topic

With Patchouli almost done, time to set some new goals for myself:

Posted Image
2.) Yukari Yakumo - 2013 Edition
Yukari will mark the first of my older works since Meiling to be converted to the current system I've been using. Still debating if I should replace her Boundary Wave QCF with her tombstone drop from source or leave it as is. Illusion rift will most likely be reworked to match Reimu's Dimensional Rift, with her current X version being reworked into a corner teleport like how she has in SWR/Soku (which is what I originally intended). Bound to the Grave may end up being scrapped in favor of a new command grab idea I had in mind. As far as supers, Ran and Chen will both be mapped to the same command, but with button press determining if Ran or Chen comes out, though both will now be a level 1. Quadruple Boundary and Laplace's Demon will most likely end up staying. Sadly, dont expect her train this time around.

Posted Image
3.) Stupid Fucking Idiot Fairy Cirno
Quick and mobile, her Icicle Shoot immediately reminded me of Ammy's Cold Star, which I may most likely end up trying to replicate as opposed to just startup + projectile amount differences like source had.

Posted Image
4.) Sakuya Izayoi
I'll admit I was never the biggest fan of Sakuya until I heard she was coming back for Touhou 14, then I just started playing as her in Soku for some reason. Also pads. Her knife specials literally fire in the neighborhood of 10-15 projectiles, which would easily outprioritize other projectiles, so reducing that number may end up what I'll be doing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Dicking around with Color Separation to recreate her Perfect Cherry Blossom palette/outfit (original, unseparated on left for comparison)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQwOFMA-nMs Because sometimes testing your Patchouli and waiting on private testers to give you feedback gets so boring that you feel like making something else in the meantime, even if its drastically incomplete.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

If we conceive of a being whose faculties are so sharpened that she can follow every molecule in its course, such a being, whose attributes are as essentially finite as our own, would be able to do what is impossible to us. For we have seen that molecules in a vessel full of air at uniform temperature are moving with velocities by no means uniform, though the mean velocity of any great number of them, arbitrarily selected, is almost exactly uniform. Now let us suppose that such a vessel is divided into two portions, A and B, by a division in which there is a small hole, and that a being, who can see the individual molecules, opens and closes this hole, so as to allow only the swifter molecules to pass from A to B, and only the slower molecules to pass from B to A. She will thus, without expenditure of work, raise the temperature of B and lower that of A, in contradiction to the second law of thermodynamics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHwJm6vEYAg Lost the original sprites I did color separation on, so had to redo them all. So far eyes and hat are complete, you can see her with her PCB eye color in the vid (it was previously shared with her hair colors)