Official ATV3: Legendary Terry Bogard Update thread

Legendary DeMoNk@I

ok, so actually explain how you feel he's broken Lara, instead of just some general statement that might only be based on your like or dislike of tha character. did you find any glitches? bugs? moves that don't perform as said or promised? try to be more precise about tha feedback you give. or, at tha very least, don't make an objective statement from a biased standpoint; you're more intelligent than that. it's not a good look bruh.

ey DK, i'mma cop TLW a bit later & get back atcha with my thoughts on'im, tho i'm sure i won't be disappointed, ha!

theres so much idk where to begin plus i did see Darkflare gave him a TON of feedback on Imt alredy.

did i every say this shin orchi omega god dead turret thunder fiss falcon punch terry has alot effects i mean man thats alooooooooooot effects.

ok first thing first Krunkest.  this is mugen.. lets not forget that bro. You can create your way and have as many moves and effects as you per say want long as it doesnt take away from the characters overall fun factor. but that itself goes from person to person depending on what they like. If there was effects in the character that just messed up period then yeah a fix would be needed.  But there isnt. Its a fun flashy cool aggressive type character.  Some may want him to be more aggressive...trust me, the earlier upates i got to test... you would been flatlined. lol at least now he balanced it out that you can get wins in and play a good game with him. 

on the talk of broken...Mugen is broken in itself.  its up to the creator to want to create a so called "accurate character" but to who's pleasure and who's to compare it to on a scale of ..let say.. the company game they come from?  you have total freedom to create balance, accuracy, custom and pretty much balls out insanity at your hobbiest heart desire.  If going to give feedback def keep the feedback to a respect manner . It helps more the creator to understand the issues that are real issues such as bugs and errors popping up all over the screen. once you dive into wanting to change the authors gameplay style from what it is in their vision to what you personally would want.. thats a line no one should cross. 

if he updates the character with the cool feedback given in good taste then thats a bonus to everyone that is already enjoying the character to function even better if they choose to get the update. 

congrats on the release Kai.. its been a long time coming and i am glad he is out.

squatch812: hmm wow thats such an interesting thing to see you say V2 AI seemed to be way better,
There were folks that said V2 AI wasnt tame enough haha. But yeh he was made for winmugen. im still learning and winmugen AI and 1.0 AI react a bit different. try him in winmugen. i only use him or watch him in that. basically i toned him down in aggressiveness since V2 because some folks said his AI was too harsh. so its like damned if i do damned if i dont lol Anyway i will work at some things and see what i can do. Im glad you like the features so far. keep testing him versus different characters. or in watch mode. Infinites. buckus. pots. vyn. wara or even rajjaa boy. a lot of the AI combat is intense at times. vs a human? yeh i toned him down on purpose

Laharl: some of the fixes are there but i didnt update my source DL yet. And no offense to you man But i made DF make those videos. he wasnt at first until we bumped heads (long story) so after i saw how cool the first one was i told him to make more. They actually helped since i never used my FF with that debug option on to build my characters boxes. so im aware of it and i been fixing somethings when it comes to the boxes which i already have since the first tech vid. ive been stabbin at that stuff but im not perfect and im not going crazy with it. But dont ignore the fact i dont have a bunch of bad bugs on the screen. i did that perfect at least. so im gettin there ;)

The FX stay. thats personal preference. a lot of folks such as i love it. you dont and thats cool and i respect that seriously. 

The don video. well although he could have came to me personally in my thread and showed me the ropes on some stuff, i looked the video over and fixed the juggles and some other stuff anyway. Im working on more kinks but thats a hit or miss. theres other stuff i can debate about in that video but the major point is yeah the juggle issues are stabbed at already. old subject

Fire_Break_Kannon_Alp:
Cool man just hit me up when ever ya ready!

ok terry has been updated at my site. check the first page

-lvl 1 power geyser doesnt juggle anymore. axis on blast & bounce adjusted

-launchers geyser punch & kick DONT juggle anymore. one pop up each. you miss the rave you fail. no infinites

-Elbow juggle from dons vid seems to be fixed now. you really have to work hard to do that. but eh anyway i couldnt do that on dons geese howard when i fought him so i guess that elbow ta death BS is over

-power waves dont continue to hit enemies that are in a lie down state. all waves pass through

-EX power wave on hits lie down state enemies (temporary. i may change it)

-hit boxes adjusted much smaller on ultimate whirlwind punch. (still under observation)

-hit boxes adjusted a bit smaller on ultimate wolf power

-hit boxes adjusted on super geyser quake on body. as for the ground? that stays. that move is
intended to stun and shake an enemy down to their feet for that anime realism and action

-lvl 1 overshift buster wolf open damage and block damage are cut down

-lvl 3 buster wolf blast damage is cut down

- rising tackle damage cut down

-crack shoot damage cut down

-EX barbarian triple power slam damage is cut down

-perfect win state themes changed, sorry i decided to roll with the SNK win theme.

there will be more stuff. a good two more updates in fixes and im moving on

and please understand i made this for winmugen. i usually have the difficulty on the highest.
Im getting mix reviews on the AI so i may or may not ramp him up more. but we will see in a couple weeks'

later

I don't understand why some people have a problem with Terry Bogard's effects. I love them. I mean he Terry F-ing Bogard he fights and beats gods. If I had the know how I would make a super where he power geyser someones face and put a crack in the planet using the animation from kiby superstars mini game on SNES.  

DEMONKAI keep up the good work. thanks

Way to step up to the plate and push your limits. You took that video and used it as a blueprint to make improvements. Well done....

yeh pretty much man. im pretty sure you heard the story^^ but i flipped it all around. more under dog creators got inspired by me and the videos just helped my AWAKENED THEME GET BETTER lol....sorry trolls out there that sh*t dont work on kai!

@squatch812: thanks on the FX. if i knew how to hi res better i could done much more in quality. thats an area im trying to perfect too. i want to get into creating my own original hi res hit sparks and aura effects, i can sorta do it now but its not high quality. needs practice

Theres more upates comin. just two more and thats it.

-Next targets are to nerf certain low level supers so they cant take out other supers as you see most of em do. So im keeping the high level ones like that for that BOSS vibe but the low level ones are getting toned down of that. Im going to try

-the specials you see breaking through certain attacks will get nerfed also of that advantage but the EX moves wont since they use power and you cant keep doing them the whole time. so i think thats fair for this character's theme and i will be adjusting more hit boxes

and do understand something. im not making my hit boxes crazy small either. i notice that the debug mode makes certain boxes look ridiculous in size even though i shrunk em down hella small anyway. so im not going crazy with that. however i did instead is tweak the hit and block damage down. Terry has a arsenal of moves and he can chain his ass off and cancel most attacks so that shouldnt be a big loss on the damage.

ight later folks

I don't understand anyone's view of "broken characters" as this isn't really broken, just "overpowered" to an extent. It's an edit. It is bound to be more superior than your normal CVS Terry Bogard. Sure, having 15 supers is probably wrong but what's wrong with having more supers?

What I see here is probable damage issues, which can be altered. Juggle values may need adjustment but I honestly don't see any infinites(Unless I didn't check that other vid). And what's wrong with using a lot of FX? It's a personal preference, just remove it if you don't like it.

And personally, I never really see proper feedback that doesn't really incite negative criticism. 

About the character, I'll be testing and providing feedback on probably improving gameplay with Terry.

EDIT:

I honestly don't really see anything that is broken with this Terry, just that he's more flexible and does a bit more damage. I didn't find any infinites either and the variable number of supers doesn't really affect how "OP" he is either. What's with this backlash in the first place?

the reason its so large is all the effects he used. if you like overpowered characters with alot of effects this is for you. like he said its not meant to be accurate its meant to be a custom version by him that is "fun to play with".

the reason its so large is all the effects he used. if you overpowered characters with alot of effects this is for you. like he said its not meant to be accurate its meant to be a custom version by him that is "fun to play with".

Well, I'm not one for "accurate gameplay". I just want a good character. I'll give it a shot.

@SXVaros:

Thanks for the honest feedback. yeh you got him just in time after i removed the minor infinites. that was with the lvl 1 power geyser juggle and the Air launchers. i looked at one of don dragos vids on bad MVC style coding and fixed it. i thought reza had a juggle like that too but i was wrong. it was someone else^^  juggles needed to be scrapped. damage toned down in some areas and adjustment in a better way on what should not should be invincible in combat.  that was all the main problems. all thats left is for me to tweak his AI aggressor as it was in V2. ill leave that as the last thing to patch.

@verydannyboy:

You already know what time it is!

guycoolSpore2

The sounds are the heaviest part. all of them serve a purpose. The FX come second. so thats why hes so heavy. haha don drago said he was 110MB..smh im like cmon man dont exaggerate shit lol. But yeh it depends on what characters you like. if you liked infinites stuff then yeh, if you liked those wild spec ops characters back then then yeh you might like em.

Updates: 

-ALL supers are balanced a bit better. lvl 1 and 2 supers can get hit out of action. no invincible factors. only level 2 maximum burn knuckle has a slight advantage. Damages are toned down also. not a lot but a bit more. remember the theme of this terry, hes a maxed version of mines. so im not gonna dumb em down much

-Most lvl 3 supers are toned down in damage.

-The geyser quake has no invincibility at the start. only at the end when he gets a shot to strike the ground. thats for a few moments

-more hit boxes removed and resized a bit smaller. i wont go crazy with that because as i said before with the CSLN viewer 2 on the boxes it makes them look way bigger than what they are in AIR section. so i focused more on hit damage and block damage to tone down more instead. You can block all supers or dodge them, only one you can not block is the utimate wolf power. he breaks your guard. its intentional. Thats a level 4 move anyway

-Ultimate whirl wind punch hit boxes on initial start is smaller. you have to be a bit closer to the gust of wind around to trigger his full on attack. The spinning attack hit boxes are resized smaller. hits still do the job though. chip damage i toned down a taste

-ALL specials can not break trough projectiles. with the version you guys have now you can do that. it was a horrible mistake. i didnt pay much attention to those hit ATT rules lol now i see why certain code accuracy freaks were trippin. only specials that can break through are the power waves since its for the ground and almost all projectiles pass over it anyway

-Not that much invulnerability to rising tackle. severe up close but do have a shot of catching him out of it.

-ALL EX moves are nerfed properly so they cant break through projectiles, only ones that can do that are the AIR & Ground EX burn knuckle. I did it like that since those moves take power and you cant abuse it. so thats fair

-EX moves can pass by but not for very long.

-weak power wave is now the ground wave. short burst blast like vyns. same knock down effect

-AI slightly re done a pinch of V3 AI And tossed a trigger of V2s old AI aggressor in there. thats the last thing ill stab at a bit and that will be the last patch. im playing on ramping up his AI. just a taste.

all this is done already. ill be updating the link sometime later

A reminder on his features thats already there:

to see certain win states. intros and lose states have him versus these characters:

Pots Geese

Pots Vea

Infinites Krauser

All Ryus

Infinites billy Kane

Vyns ken (aka violent ken)

some of the capcom & snk women like mai, blue mary, chu li, lilith, Yuri & infinites B jenet

Rock howard (use wara's rock)

shin akuma by pots

Asura By buckus

Raiden by (^o^) 

KFM

other terrys

&

Himself

Different sounds (even in combat). intros. wins etc will happen versus those characters and a few others not mentioned 

The final patch updates have been done, im just looking it over personally before i update the link today

1) I refined the the entire AI helper. hes a bit better on defense and that parry situation (if it was an AI issue) should
be fixed since i used a particular new solid AI method. No more i can and will do with that AI

2) His lvl 1 over shift buster wolf. CAN BE hit at the start of the rush in. AND at the end hes left wide open for an assault once youve blocked the full on assault. ive tested this my self 3 times using pots shingouki against him. i punished him after i blocked everything using a super dragon punch. if you cant do that then its your game play skill folks. step it up! 

3)the small icon for the portrait at the select screen has been re sized properly and now it looks clean cut. i had to crop it a good 3 more times to get it right

4) LVL4 Ultimate whirlwind punch is much more effective off the start. as i said in a past post HES NOT invincible during initial charging stance of wind. HIT BOXES have been re sized smaller so you have to be closer AND you can hit him out of that. You miss the chance youre screwed. so on that note ill like to add that now his first hit works like ryus hurricane kick. if open hit is successful instead of bouncing away the enemy he bounces them in, just right so that he can engulf them into the full on assault.

Thats pretty much it. im already working on my next project. Remember to always go to the source link for the updates of my terry if you are enjoying him.

The site is updated with the link now. Check the first page for my site. Be sure to be mindful of my update dates. dont mix and old update with the new one.

1) The standing power kick (weak kick & medium kick) has been fixed so that it doesnt juggle bad like the launcher hits.

2) The lvl2 maximum attack super has been nerfed down so that you can at least hit right after the assault it is over much faster. not much invincibility time after he cools down from rush in of hits.

3) The KOF 12 critical counter has been refined again. i realized after i fixed the juggle issue with heavy punch and kick launchers the critical counter became buggy. so now its a matter of hitting a different set of buttons (read the move list for more details). For example instead of stead of triggering the feature with HEAVY punch close (the upper cut) or the close HEAVY kick (high kick) you now can hit a standing medium punch. thats one new way. and then you can button mash an chain into certain supers.

4) Terrys EX power wave voice has been changed around

5) The lvl 1 Live wire power geyser has been refined again to Juggle much better properly

6) Lastly, the AI? all i can say is i will be posting a lot of random AI combat (watch mode) videos and me playing against terry just to show how unbroken he is (he can be beat) and to show the better update of the AI i coded in him so that hes way more responsive and defensive. Thats all i can do with AI entirely at this point. i will do no more with this character. "BEWARE OF THE TWO PIECE SET UP"  :=D:

That AI issue where he doesnt parry low as much is totally fixed now. i had to adjust some variables so that he totally utilizes ALL is defenses. There was something about AI coding i kept dropping the ball on and now i finally got it  And also ive shortened the display name to Legendary Terry Bogard

have fun folks & thanks for the support!