Toshio Wip topic

Toshio Tenma

HEY nice update so far!! the intro against Roll is funny!! The sparks from the lazer and some of the attacks are still a little messed up though. like the new

Uran Nagi throw and face sit. you added voices to the super laser and spin kick too. very cool!! keep up the good work. and Happy holidays all!!

Nice update Toshio. :awesome

Are you planing on giving Uran Intro against other Main Characters (like Ryu, Chun-li, Comet., etc....)

I'm not sure yet, but, I got a idea for a intro against Colonel who paranoically thinks she is a spy and try to get rid of her.

Upon defeat, Uran claims that she is not a hunter, but Colonel still doesn't believes and self destruct stating that she is already too late and Repliforce is already in the Final Weapon, so his death would not be in vain.

Uran, then question why a robot could be stupid like that since she was only the space port to meet a friend who haven't arrived yet.

• 2 weeks later...

congrats on the final release. I haven't found any bugs yet but I'll let you know as soon as i do. my only wish is that her brother Atom gets made so he can fight along side of her against megaman and roll. but hey. well take care and keep warm!!

• 3 weeks later...

Since it "doesn't" exists a version of Dot Warner for M.U.G.E.N I'm trying my own version.

Wip Log 1, 01/31/14:

a) Added stand.

b) Added turn animation (stand and crouch).

c) Added crouch.

d) Added jump.

Special thanks to Muirtower, Ryochi, Jarquin and Noobie for supporting that project.

Video:

OH Yeah! she's Perfect Toshio. :awesome   Can't wait to tell you start her Basic motions (punch, kicks, etc.) :goodmood:

Wholly Molly!  While I was watching your demo video I thought I was watching the cartoon!  Your Dot's animations are so fluid!  Too bad I am not familiar with Dot Warner so I leave it to the Animaniacs fans who are familiar with her.

Good job~!

Perhaps you could try watch the cartoon somewhere on the web.

She is not fully playable since I'm still adding required stuff.

I'm preparing attacking moves like punches and kicks.
Dot will speak both english, portuguese and japanese.

She'll have a mock intro against Hamtaro which she speaks like Laura in the Brazilian of dub Hamtaro just to tease him.
And she could even say "Pikachu" as a inside joke.

Here is the concept art for punch and kick:

BhdGb5T.png

hHg2Wja.png

Perhaps you could try watch the cartoon somewhere on the web.

She is not fully playable since I'm still adding required stuff.

I'm preparing attacking moves like punches and kicks.

Dot will speak both english, portuguese and japanese.

She'll have a mock intro against Hamtaro which she speaks like Laura in the Brazilian of dub Hamtaro just to tease him.

And she could even say "Pikachu" as a inside joke.

Here is the concept art for punch and kick:

BhdGb5T.png

hHg2Wja.png

Awesome! :awesome

>> Dot will speak both english, portuguese and japanese.

Three (3) languages to be used in this MUGEN character!?  So you are going to code some language selector thingy at the beginning of the first round of a match?

>> Here is the concept art for punch and kick:

Are those for light punch and light kick?  I mean light version....

Three (3) languages to be used in this MUGEN character!?  So you are going to code some language selector thingy at the beginning of the first round of a match?

I'd imagine there'd be some config file like the Z2 characters have.

Or three different .snd files that you can alternate between through the .def file.

Actually it's something much simplier than that.

She'll have a state controller which will make her voice clips variated in certain intros and win poses for example.

Dot will be a 3 button character, so there are no strong punch and strong kick.

Instead the moves will be variated as weak attack, medium attack and strong attack.

I got plans for the punch to be a weak attack and the kick a strong attack.

I still need to gather more reference.

Hey!! it's been awhile but I got a chance to test out the latest Uran. I see you added new sounds and fixed the explodes too. If anything the super spin kick is hard to pull off maybe by changing the command motion to D, DB, B would fix it. Also you have her 

jumping up to call the bird and pig in mid air maybe it would be better for her to simply have Uran stay on the ground  and have the bird and pig fly at a higher altitude. It would be safer for her to stay on the ground e a sitting duck in mid air

Any how good luck with Dot. She's turning out well so far. Take care!! 

Hey!! it's been awhile but I got a chance to test out the latest Uran. I see you added new sounds and fixed the explodes too. If anything the super spin kick is hard to pull off maybe by changing the command motion to D, DB, B would fix it. Also you have her 

jumping up to call the bird and pig in mid air maybe it would be better for her to simply have Uran stay on the ground  and have the bird and pig fly at a higher altitude. It would be safer for her to stay on the ground e a sitting duck in mid air

Any how good luck with Dot. She's turning out well so far. Take care!! 

I thought you would check my release thread, take a look.

The command for Mighty Spin Kick will be the same since she follow the Magical Chaser style and I wish consistency.

Dot punch:

DIdGlpS.png

Dot kick:

Oz98QLA.png

This is a concept art of the siblings all together:

TcsrpeR.png

Wow you've really progressed with dot!! it seems now all she needs is sounds and a few specials and you have another hit on your hands. keep it up!1 :)

She may call her brothers, but it would not something senseless like the current Dot on mugen.

Pretty good progress of your Dot!  I like how you used her to beat the **** out of that SFII car in your MUGEN YouTube demo video!

Guess it's natural for her and the brothers wreck cars, you can notice a couple of wrecked cars in Animaniacs "Reel of Stars" intro.

Wow! this is Awesome progress with Dot Toshio :awesome  can't wait for your final release. :goodmood:

It should take a while, I'll have to review a lot of stuff.

Wip Log 02/21/14:

a) Added medium attack.

b) Added crouch weak attack.

c) Added crouch medium attack.

d) Added crouch strong attack.

e) Added air weak attack.

f) Added air medium attack.

g) Added air strong attack.

h) Added new palettes.

i) Updated intro (still not finished).