How many supers is too much to add in a character?

do you think its silly for a person to have 10-15 supers? AND ALL DIFFERENT

Or 55+ and about a good 10% of em are the same super but on different damage levels and different colors of hyper BGs and portraits?^^

just curious about what the public had to say about that....be honest

So another question. you guys like Mr Buckus Asura and Infinites recent Billy Kane right? You all do know that both those characters have 55+ hyper triggers right?^^ lol....Even REU (RIP) Has done that...

I think infinite's characters have about 12 supers i could be wrong...

this character i have named master lue

is an edit of pots shin akuma.

he has 55+ moves. from different characters.

He's supposed to be a mixture of them apparently, but also giving him all those moves makes him broken soo.......

i don't see whats wrong with having alot of moves, as long as its possible to perform all of them.

I think infinite's characters have about 12 supers i could be wrong...

haha Nope. technically its way more as far as the CMD shows. it just looks less in game play because its hidden in a way of the same super done the same way but with 1 or two buttons put together in difference. Plus on different damage levels and BG colors. Nothing wrong with that at all though. I love infinite's & buckus works. I Have most. no shade there

Anyway my point is i wanted to pick some folks minds on this here subject since im releasing my Terry Bogard character next week friday finally. Im a huge fan of that character and He will have 15 supers and all different. My inspiration started with Reu. He had a crap load of supers in all his characters and they all served their purpose and was cool to use and for damn sure the CPU was beast using them all....so when buckus and infinite came out later i was like Whew!! at least im not the only one thinkin with wild ideas and a lot of supers. 

so thats what this topic was about because the 15 supers from my version represent moves from the animes he was in. Past games he was in and of course Made up freestyle attacks i felt fit him perfectly...sinces hes actually a street fighter that comes up with moves on the fly aside from his own signature style the Hakkyokusaken I felt it all makes sense 

this character i have named master lue

is an edit of pots shin akuma.

he has 55+ moves. from different characters.

He's supposed to be a mixture of them apparently, but also giving him all those moves makes him broken soo.......

i don't see whats wrong with having alot of moves, as long as its possible to perform all of them.

Exactly my whole entire point im glad you noticed that lol 

My opinion on the whole having more than 6 supers is kindof meh and it really depends. If a character has more than 3 supers even more than 6. then they should all count. Im only saying that is because if your gonna have that many supers then they all should be worth using. I mean Im a die hard fan of Hsien-ko and she has three supers, her bomb super is useless, her sword super is useless, but her overhead super is the only useful one that she has. Does it make her a bad character not really but it makes her options limited which is kindof a bad thing. my p[oint is if terry is gonna have 15 supers then all 15 supers should be worth using. personally i think 3 should be minimum and 8 should be enough.

btw does he have a bionic punch type special :p

My opinion on the whole having more than 6 supers is kindof meh and it really depends. If a character has more than 3 supers even more than 6. then they should all count. Im only saying that is because if your gonna have that many supers then they all should be worth using. I mean Im a die hard fan of Hsien-ko and she has three supers, her bomb super is useless, her sword super is useless, but her overhead super is the only useful one that she has. Does it make her a bad character not really but it makes her options limited which is kindof a bad thing. my p[oint is if terry is gonna have 15 supers then all 15 supers should be worth using. personally i think 3 should be minimum and 8 should be enough.

btw does he have a bionic punch type special :p

lol nah no bionic punch special :donwan: but he will have that many supers since he will have supers that of past games he was in and some iconic ones from the animes. The fans of terry (like myself) should get a kick out of that part. I was annoyed Terry bogard in KOF 12 didnt have the buster wolf among other moves....but then i found out much later that game wasnt finished actually. KOF13 was what KOF12 was supposed to be actually....As a fan i was still like "meh" a little when i seen in KOF 13 they didnt give him back his power dunk...but i still loved the game regardless since it was a huge step up from KOF 12

but anyway ive seen the comments i had to see here on the subject and i can tell its mixed views and preference like i figured

This big amount of supers can happen in some "many-into-one" MUGEN characters such as MK2 Shang Tsung by juano16.

Actually my old The Manticore, the Queen, and the Dragon MUGEN character was based on the similar "many-into-one" idea.

• 2 years later...