Custom SSFIV El Fuerte & Decapre WIP 2014

Werewood

Let me update a bit about the progress: - still at the "sprites" ripping stage, due to:

generally a SSF4 MUGEN character needs about 4000+ "sprites", now I have to rip for two characters ripping 55-70 SSF4 "sprites" per day (if not busy with real life stuff) after "sprites" ripping job is done, I need to put them and align each "sprite" one by one in Fighter Factory, this SFF task can take up to quite a few days

It is alright to remind me of giving progress report as I have like 65535 WIPs going on............LOL :O

Thank you so much for the update, and for the great job you do.

Thank you for making a winmugen and palette patch for Juri Han!  So you are using winmugen all along?

Yes, I'm still sticked to it, but now I'm not strange to 1.0 as before =P also, various people still using it as well various creators (like DivineWolf, Cybaster and Antagonist). Also, I've to make more palettes for Juri, I can work on them if you want ;)

• 1 month later...

Yo Werewood let me say this guy.You got hated on because you are awesome! You were already gone by the time I discovered mugen but it was your characters that inspired me to learn the craft man, among others by the way. I use almost all your chars and My homies love Omni to death because he looks bad f*cking ass. It's great your back, now take that boring off and show out and dis niggas brah. Adel and ONI look beast so far

Please don't ask such things. Certain people might get the wrong idea of "estimated" and get all pissy if the creation isn't released around that time. It's also better to not set yourself any release dates, seeing as you'll feel the need to rush your work to get it done, which is never a good thing.

I get pissy when ask me about my work in progress and a release date, Its annoying sometimes.

Thats what i've been trying to say Cayne!

AwesomeWood doesnt wanna take that boring name crap outta here.

lol Ryon I accidently stole ur pic idea. It's like same pose and everything. My bad man

• 1 month later...

Custom SSFIV Oni MUGEN WIP progress report 2013-07-27:

Since there are no 2D version SSFIV Oni sprites out yet, I continue to use my half-ass ripping skill to rip "sprites" from SSFIV.

At least I am trying to make a Custom SSFIV Oni as much playable as possible in MUGEN 1.0.
By the way, "Custom" means "Inaccurate"

Credits:
semicharmed - SSFIV sound rips
Orbinaut (now Mr. I?) - SSFIV Cody and SSFIV Gouken MUGEN conversions

Road Map:
1. "sprites" rip - all of my previous Oni rips were gone with my rage.......
2. SFF and ACT and AIR and SND files making
3. CMD files making
4. CNS files making - normals, focus attacks, custom states, taunts, wins, loses,....etc.
=> open to public to beta-test, if test passes then move on....

5. CNS files making - specials
6. CNS files making - supers
7. CNS files making - ultras
8. tweaking issues and adding FXs
9. ???????????

Posted Image

Preview Video:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21468240

Road Map #1, #2:
- SFF mostly done yet some VFXs are too hard to rip
- AIR partially done for normals, focus attacks, custom states, taunts, wins, loses,....etc.
  all get hit animations
  5 win poses
  2 lose poses
  8 Personal Actions
- SND partially done for normals, focus attacks, custom states, taunts, wins, loses,....etc.
Road Map #3, #4:
- CMD partially done for normals, focus attacks, custom states, taunts, wins, loses,....etc.
  Forward Dash F, F
  Backward Dash B, B
  Normal Punches  LP/MP/HP <=> x/y/z
  Normal Kicks    LK/MK/HK <=> a/b/c
  * all standing normal punches and kicks do not have close versions, rather, all have forward-holding versions
  Ragou Souha (Forward Throw) LP+LK or F, LP+LK
  Shuretto (Backward Throw) B, LP+LK
  Focus Attack MP+MK
  Personal Action HP+HK
  Unique Attacks
 Ganka Uchi  hold B, MP
 Special Forward  hold F, HP  Cancels out fireballs
 Zugai Hasatsu  hold F, MP  over head P2 must block/guard high
 Target Combo 1  hold F, LP then MP  * works on crouching P2
 Target Combo 2  hold B, MP then HP  * HP whiffs on crouching P2
- CNS partially done for normals, focus attacks, custom states, taunts, wins, loses,....etc.
  Available normals cancellables:
 A) all standing and crouching normals cancellable to Focus Attack (FADC requiring and consuming power 500 out of 1000), except for:
   Zugai Hasatsu
   hold B, LK
   hold B, MK
   the 2nd hit of standing neutral MK
   the 2nd hit of standing neutral HK
   crouching HK
 B) standing neutral LP, crouching LP, crouching LK cancellable to each other
 C) L/M/H punches and kicks cancellable:
   standing neutral LP cancellable to Target Combo 1
   standing neutral LP cancellable to standing neutral HP
   standing neutral LP cancellable to standing neutral HK
   standing neutral LP cancellable to Target Combo 1
   crouching LP cancellable to Target Combo 1
   crouching LP cancellable to crouching HP
   crouching LP cancellable to crouching MP
   crouching MP cancellable to crouching HP
   crouching MP cancellable to Target Combo 2
   Ganka Uchi cancellable to Ganka Uchi
   Ganka Uchi cancellable to standing neutral HK
 D) Kara Throws
   During the first few game time ticks, these normals cancellable to throw (Ragou Souha):
     standing neutral HK
     hold F, MK
     Special Forward
     Zugai Hasatsu
  ** All of the above normals cancellables are based on these SSFIV Oni online guides:
 http://forums.eventhubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7073
 http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2011/may/08/oni-super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-moves-combos-strategy-guide/
 http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Oni

Download: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series -> Custom_SSFIV_Oni_WIP_2013-07-29
** MUGEN 1.0 only **

Awesome news, budy and I'm happy to see you again^^

I have been quite busy these days with real life stuff and other stuff, so until now I am able to update (slowly.........) my MUGEN WIP.  :tableflip:

If you are interested in testing my early SSFIV Oni beta then please download it and let me know what you think.  Thank you very much Toshio!

Thank you for your interest in my SSFIV Oni WIP!

You know I am not good at source game accuracy MUGEN conversion, but I still want to make my SSFIV Oni play a little bit like the source game.

At least to give the players a small SSFIV Oni MUGEN experience.

So, before I move on to his special moves, do you think his current normals, focus attacks, custom states, taunts, wins, loses,....etc. are feeling right please?  If so then I move on......if not then please point out as many issues as possible so that I can fix before moving on.

Thank you again!

DAMN.

After testing this. I can proudly say you are a much better creator than me.

holy shit.

My only complaint is, Your not using the proper Localcoord, and you using scale in the cns. to scale akuma.

After testing this. I can proudly say you are a much better creator than me.

No please don't say that.  Your MUGEN stuff has had long been inspiring since I was in MI/MFG (and even more now I became a MFFA member)!  Your unique style and skill and ideas are the MUGEN things that I admire very much and that I use as good reference for learning.

And, I already mentioned in the beginning, that I am going to use Orbinaut (now Mr. I?)'s Gouken and Cody as base, so most credit shall belong to him, not me.

My only complaint is, Your not using the proper Localcoord, and you using scale in the cns. to scale akuma.

I use localcoord = 320,240 in all my MUGEN characters' DEF files and I use GameWidth = 640 and GameHeight = 480 in mugen.cfg all the way all along.  I never try other localcoord and GameWidth/GameHeight.

So, what are your localcoord and GameWidth/GameHeight when you were testing SSFIV Oni WIP please?

About MUGEN CNS scaling, because the "sprites" I ripped are too big so I have to use MUGEN CNS scaling.......actually the image dimensions this time already smaller than my old Juri Han and Omni.

ok well.

320,240 for low res sprites, anything made on Playstation. N64, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis and EARLIER.

640,480 for High Res sprites, Anything made from PS2 Upward, in terms of 2d sprites. Guilty Gear is a good example. and Arcana Hearts.

1280,720 for HD Sprites, Anything you rip from 3d fighting games from PS3/Xbox 360/PC, such as BlazBlue (which is 2d)

what screen resolution do you play SSF4 in that you rip his sprites?

localcoord is superior scaling, much better than scale in cns. the scale in cns does not effect helpers, or projectiles, or positioning of those things.

localcoord is relative to the screenpack, everything will scale according so once its coded its set, no matter what screen resolution you use. everything will appear perfect.

I tried messing with your localcoord for akuma, it would be a very bizzare value for him because you didnt capture him at a normal size.

so i gotta know what resolution did you play SSF4 on?

• 2 weeks later...

Borewood, got a question. Im using the street fighter 4 mugen screenpack, it comes with the power gages at the bottom, is there a way to remove the gages you added to your sf4 characters? 

I was asking because sometimes when i get your characters vs each other it has an error, saying:

Cant load character .SFF

Either if its Oni or Juri or Seth. Or other characters with the power gages at the bottom like Cody or Gouken.

It doesnt happen with the other SF4 characters that dont have those gages at the bottom like Zanfief, DJ, Chun Lee, Sakura and Blanka.

If you or someone can help out, thanks.