Ryu Hayabusa(custom sprites)

5h0ck

Posted Image

Right now he only has 1 sprite(wich still isn't finnished) this is actually an edit of hanzo with a tiny bit of galford and haomaru in there as well. I'm not entirely sure if I'll make his character in mugen or not but his sprites will be publically available for both mugen makers and animators alike, so if anyone here has ever thought about making him, well feel free once i finnish.

although modern ninja gaiden sounds are pretty damn hard to find.

I'm also working on a karas but he's......harder to work with so yea no previews of him just yet.

welp, if anyone has a few tips, suggestions, or questions feel free.

i wouldnt worry about sounds.

sounds are easy to find.

sprites are hardest to make.

usually sounds are but i've been looking for modern ninja gaiden sounds for the past 2 years only to find nes...so in this case i'd say its reversed lol.

and personally i see sprites as the second hardest just under animation. either way both are time consuming and require patients(probably spelled that wrong but whatever)

make the muscles  more clean... base it on CVS sprites!

as much as I like cvs I think i'll stick to samsho for this, but your right about the arms they do seem kind of fuzzy.

Good Luck on this,i remember years ago(i think 2008?) someone started a Ryu hayabusa project but his sprites were awful,these look decent.

Maybe request sounds on MFG? May or may not get a response but maybe someone kind enough will rip his voice from the DOA games(since that's an easier alternative than getting it from his own games IMO)

I believe in some cutscenes from his games (maybe even DOA5) there isnt much bg noise so you could rip from there as well

Seeing as how there where no existing modern clips available I went and ripped all the sounds/voices from the ds game(wish i did that from the start would have saved me alot of time)

Download

mirror link

the only thing missing is music, also its really unorganized and unlabled.

theres probably a section for this but i figured i'd keep ryu with ryu

welp, back to making sprites.  :awesome

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=166&u=15632719]Posted Image

ok the stand pose is done...or the first sprite for the whole sheet anyways

I decided to keep his pants baggy and not skin tight like the current ryu, as sort of a nod to the old design, basically his sheets gonna be mostly new with a little bit of old tossed in here and there

the next update will be this pose but with the scarf animated.

and afterwards will be a battle ready pose or walking....whichever comes first.

i could try to get his voice from

DOA and the first 2 ninja gaiden games if you want. I won't do it though till i see gameplay progress :P or at least good sprites.

good base atm now i await animations.

i could try to get his voice from

DOA and the first 2 ninja gaiden games if you want. I won't do it though till i see gameplay progress :P or at least good sprites.

good base atm now i await animations.

That would be awsome, as for gameplay...well idks about makeing a mugen char yet so you'll have to wait a few years for that(i say years because this isn't the only thing i'm working on and isn't my highest priority)

It could just be me, but it looks like various different sprite styles have been used on that sprite.

It shouldn't.

Good luck on Ryu. I'm going to get Warriors Orochi 3 for the Wii U so I'll record Ryu and give the voice clips to you when I get the time. If your just making the sprites maybe give them to Buckus or SeanAtley. But if you planning on coding your own MUGEN character look at Ryon's tutorials, very useful. 

Good luck on Ryu. I'm going to get Warriors Orochi 3 for the Wii U so I'll record Ryu and give the voice clips to you when I get the time. If your just making the sprites maybe give them to Buckus or SeanAtley. But if you planning on coding your own MUGEN character look at Ryon's tutorials, very useful. 

I don't really know who buck/sean are but these sprites will be open to public upon completion...so anyone here can make your own version of him if your up to it, as for Ryons tutorials I had already watched the first part of it and have been meaning to catch the rest eventually. To be honest though my main reason for makeing these sprites was to animate Ryu Hayabusa vs Strider Hiryu, and I'm still indecisive as to weather or not i'll do a mugen as well.

Looks great so far! 

thanks

well theres no point to me ripping them for you if there will be no progress so if there is ill hold up on my part.

Very true, no sense in doing it now since theres only a few sprites.