HD Final Fantasy MUGEN characters and SP

O  R I O N

No, I am not the one making them, but someone is. He goes by the name Artistropeadope and you can find him on Youtube.  

He is a big fan of Final Fantasy and was disappointed that mugen didn't really have quality FF chars so he decided to make some. He calls himself a pioneer and hopes to "revive" mugen. 

He has also been working on his own original characters too. 

The sprite work is very impressive considering they are all hand drawn. However (imo) the animation is a little stiff.

Here is a link to his website: http://flurryjo.com/

Here is a link to his youtube channel with videos of his FF WIPS:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ARTISTropeAdope?feature=watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJvqVVr7pg

From his video, it sounds like he wants to and is going to try and sell his fanmade FF mugen chars . I dont think he is releasing them for free and hoping for donations. I get the feeling he wants to be paid up front for them.

His argument is that he spent a lot of time and effort on them so he deserves some monetary amount.

I personally feel he shouldn't charge for these because of these reasons:

A)   Final Fantasy is a licensed franchise of Square Enix. He doesn't have the right to make money off of someone else's characters. He isn't protected by mugen copyright privileges  because he is asking for money.

B) this brings me to my next point he is using mugen which is a free program to make these that means he would be profiting off of Elecbyte too. 

What do you guys think?

Really emphasising that his characters are all hand-drawn, too the point where it seems that he thinks no one else does this. I do it, yet I don't brag at all. REALLY cocky sounding too.

Those idle animations are small (as in movement) and barely noticeable as such.

"I spent 3 months on these." Whoop-de-doo! I spent nearly a whole year on my first character >:U

From his video, it sounds like he wants to and is going to try and sell his fanmade FF mugen chars . I dont think he is releasing them for free and hoping for donations. I get the feeling he wants to be paid up front for them.

His argument is that he spent a lot of time and effort on them so he deserves some monetary amount.
I personally feel he shouldn't charge for these because of these reasons:

A)   Final Fantasy is a licensed franchise of Square Enix. He doesn't have the right to make money off of someone else's characters. He isn't protected by mugen copyright privileges  because he is asking for money.

B) this brings me to my next point he is using mugen which is a free program to make these that means he would be profiting off of Elecbyte too. 

What do you guys think?

DDR all over again.

Like I mentioned in ORION's status update,this is unimpressive. Yeah ok the sprites look nice BUT he's hardly shown anything. His stances lack life and he puts his name on everything as if someone WANTS to steal this. We get it,you made it, glad you feel good about that. Show some impressive gameplay and animations and then maybe it'll be worth caring about.

• 2 weeks later...

I have commented on his recent videos and he has clarified on what he meant. He is not planning to sell them. (That's good),

What he meant was hopefully he might recieve donations in case people were willing to contribute.

I think I may have misinterpreted the videos, so that's my fault.

Anyway,I have been following his progress and giving him advice on his chars. 

It looks like he is willing to listen to constructive criticism.

Here are some links to his new videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0eptJ1hBq8

• 3 weeks later...

That should be 2 hit boxes at most. 1 for the entire body, and 1 for the head.

Anything with that many hit boxes is going to use more processing power to run. If you've bought a computer in the last 5 years that won't be an issue, but not everyone has.

• 4 years later...

All this hatred and lack of support confirms that the mugen community is killing mugen. Some of you guys are super cool, the rest are jealous less talented creators. I'm currently creating characters on a level nobody at this site will ever produce now or in the future and I learned it all on my own. Positive feedback and constructive criticism would've gave tremendous results and I would've loved sharing what I have. smh. Keep downloading the same subpar work from these haters. I'll keep showing you with my actions why I am better. deuces