Collection & Downed Links

Ryon

So some of our links in our collection are offline, due to copy write and all that stuff. some bogus reason.

but I wanna ask you all, what should we do about this?

the reason I dont upload them to the server is because of the server load time, It may cause to much of a strain and get the site such down for running to many resources again.

We need an alternative place to upload our files? any ideas?

So some of our links in our collection are offline, due to copy write and all that stuff. some bogus reason.

but I wanna ask you all, what should we do about this?

the reason I dont upload them to the server is because of the server load time, It may cause to much of a strain and get the site such down for running to many resources again.

We need an alternative place to upload our files? any ideas?

I've never had any trouble with MediaFire, yet I see loads of people saying their files have been taken down.

SkyDrive is my main base of operations...for my stuff, at least. Everything else like hosted stuff is on MediaFire.

the reason people's files go down is usually because of there file names.

if the filename matches content that is of something copywrited I believe it will get taken off.

for instance i could be sharing a Bill & Ted character for mugen, but the file name is

Bill & Ted Excellent.rar

thats to close to the movie title and would be taken down.

at least thats my assumption on how they work.

I never encountered problems with depositfiles, and with a 10 gb upload limit, you could upload entire collections at a time. The only real downside with it is the wait-time, but that's really a problem people can look past.

the only thing about using depositfiles and most of any other file hosting site is they have a limit on how many days go by until your file gets take down for example sendspace last until 30 days the only time it go pass that limit is if you have a paid account.

i mostly upload any and all my files to another mugen website they host it on there server which seems pretty stable it does go down once in a while but never for to long as for renaming your files on mediafire they still get taken down becuse they could simple download the file them selfs it does happen and it wont really prevent it from happening.

• 2 months later...

most of the time you can correct those issue on mediafire i called the number myself and got my strikes removed anybody could do that they just need to explain what mugen is and all that show some proof from guild ect.

The only problem with SkyDrive is when you're trying to download a character, but all the zip files listed are written in another language (mainly Japanese), and seeing as you can't direct link to one file (though SkyDrive can put a tick next to a file), you're left with having to go trial-and-error.

Granted, I use SkyDrive for my completed MUGEN stuff, but MediaFire for everything else.